ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome home IZY!!! (And Xavier of course!). I agree with MK...ALWAYS choose sleep, but closely behind that is uploading pics of your bundle for us....

Chook- Ooh, sounds exciting! I have given up trying to read my body post-birth, A is 4.5mths old and still BFing and AFA has yet to return. While I'm sure a part of me would love to go again right away it's not feasible for us for at least a couple of years due to maternity leave/house size etc. So sort of being careful about things even though AF hasn't returned. Having said that A feeds a lot! She 'occasionally' goes 4-8hrs overnight but in the day it's always 3 or so. Hard to know with the CM, I gave up looking at mine as one moment it is EWCM and the next it's super-sticky infertile stuff! No idea! I do sometimes get the O pains though and have from about 6 wks. Someone said it is often your bodies way of ensuring it all still works but that it's not actually usually ovulation pains? But who knows! Maybe get some OPKs? Do they work when you are BFing?

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chook to be honest at 5 weeks post partum and exclusively BF I don't think it is O but I'm not a Dr so I could be wrong. Usually if BF does prevent you from Ovulating (which it does not for all women) then it is unlikely that you would start to ovulate until bub has started solids and dropped some daytime feeds. But you could be lucky and get it in a couple of months.
    My CM is all over the place like nic's and I'm 3 months post birth with no AF in sight. Crossing my fingers that you do get pregnant soon though since you're looking at having them close together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Guess who's now latching on the left! yay! And feeding so well. In fact I'm typing one handed as he has a nice feed. As soon as he stops lanisoh (sp?) cream, nipple shield and breast pad.... Instant relief from nipple abrasion!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Guess who's now latching on the left! yay! And feeding so well. In fact I'm typing one handed as he has a nice feed. As soon as he stops lanisoh (sp?) cream, nipple shield and breast pad.... Instant relief from nipple abrasion!
    Go Xavier!!! We want more pics!!!! Tell your mummy that she needs to do more documenting of the first weeks of your life for your 18th birthday (and to pine over when she's old and grey).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Having a feed last night I sat in front of the laptop and got a shot through the webcam

Click here to see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go Izy!! Great that he's almost back to his birthweight already! Kiera had dropped 10% on day 6 and didn't make it back up to her birthweight until 2.5 weeks. Poor little thing must have been starving in hospital - my milk came in late because she didn't feed often and then the supply issue on top of that. Good for you for sticking it out on the boob-front. I'm sure you're super-uncomfortable at the moment with the milk coming in but it's just so worth it to be able to feed X. I've had more than a few tears that I wasn't able to give K all she needs. Coming to terms with it more now - she's mainly on formula now (about 80:20 at a guess) and I'll probably start dropping the boob over Christmas. It's a shame, but at least I'll have managed 2.5 months (hopefully with some BFing until 3 months). I hope your nipples settle down soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Oh Kitz- That is such an awesome achievement!

You gave K such an amazing start by giving her ANY milk at all! She's got enough from you to get those antibodies and nutrients to give her a great boost!
    I think you're a legend. I feel pretty legendary too, but I think it's also a good portion of luck too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm crashing the thread to say a huge congrats to Izy - I have been out of action with the flu and didnt realise you had already given birth!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks Theresa!

Ok, I just had a bit of a moment and have posted a bit about X and the part I think his brothers played...

I cried writting it, it may or maynot have the same effect on others.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...&postcount=107

Thanks
    Reviews
    well done Izy! Mr X man is obviously getting the knack of feeding now. I feel for you with the boobies. DD1 actually split me from top to bottom and I was scared at one point she would rip em off completely! I'm actually left scarred from it.

Thanks for the ideas girls. I too reckon it's more likely hormonal changes than O but can't discount it yet either. I bought opk's but given they only show the LH surge 24hrs or so prior to O I was either too late to catch it or I simply didn't O so again no answers there. Yesterday I had AF cramping and very faint spotting for a couple of hours so being if I did O than 4dpo is too early for implantation so again this is more tending toward the hormone changes. Cervix is still high firm and closed. This is fun!