+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

MrsShe – Looks like little G is getting the hang of the sleeping thing. Well done!

Bambi – I am glad you had such a good time away and got to rest for a bit. Your photos on FB look great. Well done about the travelling with X by yourself especially with such a mammoth effort! I have tried the diamonds thing as well, but I don’t think I can push it this year, since I got a lovely diamond necklace when R was born. I ended up buying a pair of shorts and a great coffee mug, since he has just got into coffee, but thing I will find something else to add to it as well. I am glad the stitches area is feeling better now. I agree about the feeding thing as well. R has slept thru from a really early age and he feeds anywhere from every 2 hours to 3 hours during the day, so I think he has had enough by the time it gets to night time and does not wake up. Any news on where you guys will be headed yet?

Bosco – haha on the green toxic, we had one of them today, lucky DH was home, so it was his turn!!

Nic – Wow, 4 months!! How exciting. R is 4 months this week as well. We are off for needles tomorrow, but I did the last ones, so DH is going to do these ones, he just does not know it yet…

Kitz – haha, I have had the poo explosion all over a pair of white pants, very handy!!! R has been going thru the night since about 3 weeks and I have not had trouble with my supply until recently, but I do not think it is the night sleeping. It just means when I wake up I am rock hard until he feeds. I hope it does not mess with your supply too much.

Chook – It sounds like you are doing really well for a 3 week old. I can not believe you are thinking of number 4 already!!! I hope tomorrow is not too hard for you xx

I need some help… To the mums who are on formula, can you let me know what brand you are using? We are having trouble feeding, again!! This has been going on for nearly 2 weeks now and I am very close to losing it! R always did one feed one side, he was never interested in 2 sides in one feed, then just over 2 weeks ago, one side was not enough for him, so each feed we were doing both sides. Now, he starts on one side, then pulls off after a little while screaming, wants more, but will not go back on that side, so we change sides and try again. Now it has progressed to changing sides about 4 times in a feed until he is happy, it is really hard! I think it is a problem with my supply dropping and him getting a bit lazy, as I have always had heaps and he never has really had to work for it. A couple of times we have given him a bottle of EBM and he loves it, it is a nice peaceful feed, compared to me feeding him where he screams most of it. So, I am thinking of adding some formula in bottles a couple of feeds a day and the others EBM. But, I do not know which formula to use, if it will affect his reflux and what to do about me. R has to be weaned by early Feb, since I am going back to work 3 days a week, so I thought since he is not interested anymore and it is stressful on both of us, it might be a good time to slowly start it, but I just do not know how… I have booked to see the Child Health care Nurse, but can not get in until 15th Dec!! I just do not think we can both cope with the stressful feeding between now and then. Wow, long rant from me, any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey just a quickie to reply to Smoore-
    Amaya does this off and on too, I think sounds more like breast refusal than a drop in supply (although it could possibly be related but often they refuse for no good reason). The best advice I found was to actually feed A while I walked around. Sounds weird but it does calm them and they seem to latch on happily,I don't know why. If you have noticed he is fine drinking overnight then I definitely think it's breast refusal and not a supply issue. They are usually tired and 'forget' that they are supposed to be refusing. Sometimes it has to do with teething, sore throat etc and there's reasons behind it but often not. You'll probably find in a few days he'll get over it and go back to normal, A did and she's had 2 or 3 bouts of it now. It can be so hard though!!

Also- Chook- Massivest of hugs for tomorrow honey.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Firstly chook for today, wishing you a gentle day with lots of love!

Nic - yay on the few drinkies!! so happy to hear the A had a good sleep after the EBM feed. We wont be coming down south now - DH is super pi$$ed with his family at the mo so we arent bothering heading down lol. Heat still a pain but i think today its not going to be a baddy - ive noticed on the news the heat where you are is shocking of late aswell .... even worse that here - i hop eyou have aircon? Sounds like lil A would benefit with solids of a night....let us know how you get on.

kitz - woohoooo well done K on the all-nighter!! hope it keeps up for you hun!

smoore - we have G on S-26 gold. She is going really well on it - pooing every day, feeding 150mls every 4hrs and sleeping overnight. I have heard that NAN is really good too, the CHN said to me the other day that bubs dont get consipated on it?? Good luck with the choice you make, i know myself how hard it is

Well growth spurts are all systems go in our place at the mo...G is REALLY cranky and unsettled the past few days. Shes been a lil trooper with her feeding too which has shocked me - she is usually such a tiny finicky eater and is still VERY petite and newborn look lol - all this extra milk is going to boof her out....Finally lol. She takes a 180ml bottle now first up in the morning and 150mls each one thereafter. She is doing really well. Cant wait to get her weighed next week.
    E had his testing day for karate last saturday and he did really well....seems that he passed his test and he will be presented with his new belt next saturday - red stripe. He loves it and he's really quite good at it!
    We put up our chrissy tree last night. E was SOOO excited about it, he was bouncing around all night lol. He even put the whole tree together himself with limited help from us - he getting a big boy!

I met up with MK last friday and finally met the gorgeous miss K....let me tell you ladies, she is jsut adorable. I fell in love with her lil hairclips, so much so that i bought a few myself on the weekend (thanks MK for the website) I have even converted to MCNs...i am totally addicted now and have been buying up! i really cant wait to start receiving them so we can try them out.

Washing machine is finished so i best go hang that out before G starts up again. Have a nice day everyone xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...Just clearing out the cobwebs

Not much happening on my front....been stining hot the past few days. G is going well, still taking 160ml per feed, sleeping through til 5am. I cant believe she will be 12weeks this saturday. Im looking forward to the chn visit next tuesday to see how much she's grown.

I have E on hols now...since last friday which will be nice.

Not much else new...hope everyone is going well?
    Oh almost forgot, i got accepted into the b midwifery course for next year. Now all i need to do is work out what to do with G lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MrsShe on the middie course and the sleeping through!!

Not much happening here. Started solids (just rice cereal) last week and the first night was fantastic, she did 6:30-3:30am .... but every night since she's gone back to her old tricks and woken 11, 1-2, 4-5 etc.... she does seem to really love the cereal though so not sure if we should keep it up or not. Pretty sure she's teething as the last few days have been awful, she's been so unsettled and screaming a lot in the afternoons which she doesn't normally do. Didn't even bother with the cereal last night as we were sooo tired from her screaming that her and I went to bed and napped from 5pm-9pm.
    Haven't had A weighed properly but when I did the scales thing (me and then me + her) she came out at 8kg which I think sounds bout right. She's due for her needles but can't get into the doctors to have them done till mid next week and the council ones are on then so will probably just go there.
    She's on the move though, she is rolling lots and lots and inching herself along the ground, very keen to crawl I think.

Hope everyone else is well, sorry for my lack of postings, busy time of year!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MrsShe - great news on the midwifery course. I'm sure you'll figure something out with G. Have a fantastic school holidays with E. If I wasn't moving I'd be more excited about the holidays. I'm sure I'll feel better once I can relax.

Nic - Yay on A rolly pollying around. So cute. Boo on the needles. Don't even want to think about them. I hope the teeth come through without too much disruption. The first lot are always the worst. Then they just sort of shoot out without much noise.

AFM - trying to move. Trying to pack. K wont sleep much during the day. Probably because of the heat. I finally got fed up and put her in the swing and just started packing in front of her. She got the message and slept for an hour. So I got a little bit done. Now I'm having a second coffee and about to feed her and do my Scrapbooking for the day (Love digital scrapping - it can be done while BF). I've been naughty and bought a few more nappies. 5 in total. I haven't bought any for quite some time and 4 of them are second hand. K is also growing out of all her Smalls so I need some mediums for when we are out and about. that's my justification anyway LOL.

I'm almost ready for Christmas and it feels good to have gotten most of the presents out of the way. Gonna take the kids shopping next week and let them buy their brother's and sister something (XDP's other kids). See what they can sprout for $20 each.

Have a lovely week everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic - great news on A rolling now such a clever girl! G rolled from her front to back...once lol. Hasnt done it since but im sure she will get the hang of it soonish. She is starting to get a bit of a habit of wanting her mid-day sleep on her belly...shes quite funny to watch when she wants her own way....I lay her on her back for her nap then she rolls on her side and bury's her head into the mattress/floor all the while she is crying and looksing up at me, as if to say "hey mum i wanna go on my tum" lol. Once i put her on her belly she settles and off to sleep she goes. Its only that one sleep a day she does it to and when she goes to bed at night she is straight on her back and off to sleep. Id normally be a bit worried about it...but as its a day nap i can keep on checking on her.

MK - for trying to do everything on your own and also trying to shuffle the kids too. I hope after this weekend your able to relax and just veg out for a while.
    Are you using the new photoshop program you bought to do your digital scrapping? I bout a program from harvey norman but its crappola, so im really wanting to find a good one to use. How do you like yours?
    What new nappies did you get? You mentioned you got some second hand ones, where do you get your second hand ones from? I just got 2 off ebay...a bubble bubs and nappylicious. I cant wait til the baby expo next year so i can have a loo at them all in one spot lol
    I need to buy some more too...im still trying to get around to taking more piccies of G wearing her others to put on my FB...we will get there in sure.

to everyone else.....hope mummies and bubbies are all doing well.

Today we are off to mums group with some of the brissy ladies from our birth group. We are heading to a playcenter today which will be good so E can have a bit of a play. We are looking forward to next week's at Roma St parklands in the city as we are going to take the train in and E is getting excited about that. I also told him about your boys MK so he's really keen and excited to meet them and have a play.

All our chrissy shopping is done, thank goodness. How is everyone else's santa shopping going? The shops are just mad crazy atm.

Anyways best get going...have a load of washing to hang...have a lovely day

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support MrsShe . I get my second-hands from a few places, I'll send you the links on FB.
    I'll be dropping in on the mum's group this morning to pick up a hand trolly Kim is lending me.
    I've actually bought more than 5 nappies lol. I got 3 nicnaps, 2 lou lou's 1 baby gecko with winnie & tigger on the back, 1 Cheeky Butts pocket & 2x Cheeky wraps, 1x itti d'lish and 3x Pop-ins. Yes I've been busy LOL.
    Can't wait for the Southbank meet and our trip down south. But I especially can't wait to be done with this apartment .
    Well little girl is fed and sleepy so I'm going to take a trip to the Northside to drop off a car load and pick up the trolly. See you a little later MrsShe and hugs to all the other mum's and bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello my lovelies, sorry has been a while since I dropped in here, luckily their's fb for keeping track of all mums and bubs

Mama - dear lord I don't envy you having to pack (not to mention unpack) with a newborn and your other little men. You poor thing on the upside imagine the pure relief and relaxation you will feel when it's all done and your all settled in.

MrsShe - X will only ever sleep on his tum. Drives me crazy but now that he rolls I can't stop him. I will flip him over when I go to bed at night but he's always sunnyside down in the morning. Loving the nappys on fb, you are getting a nice little collection going there. I am also super dooper excited to meet you and Mama in January. Can't wait! Oh and YAY on the midwifery! You will be the best! Is it another 3 years?

Nic - have you kept the solids up? A is more beauty-full every photo I see. She has the best hair of any baby ever - actually, G & K have really thick long hair too come to think of it! X's all fell out and is coming back slowly but it is just fine bum-fluff lol. Have any little teeth popped up? Hope she is more settled for you in any event actually I can feel your pain with the sleeping issue because now X rolls he gets himself stuck in all sorts of places with limbs sticking out the cot and screams out every few hours. So I'm up and down like a yo-yo resettling and rolling back over and poking legs pack through. He doesn't always settle easily and I have got in the habit of feeding him at 2am cos it's faster probably a mistake. So bluddy tiring!

IZY - any day any day good luck!!! Can't wait to hear about the arrival of Xavy baby.

to smoore, Kitz, Bosco, chook (welcome and YAY on baby Abby, that's my name IRL too)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quickie to pop in and announce that another baby has arrived!!

Mrsmov has had a little girl, Sienna Rose! She was born on tues by the looks of her FB page.