ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i lovelies....

hope everyone is coping well with this heat. I know G has been struggling alot with it, we have been spending alot of time on the really hot days at the shopping cntr's just trying to get her to have a decent sleep and feed. Bugger we have no aircon at our place

G has had a few nights of sleeping through the past few days. Last night she slept from after her feed at 8.30/9 right through til 5am. I gave her another feed then and shes been asleep since Thats generally the norm now if she sleeps through. Although monday she pretty much slept the whole day away hence why her wake up at 3.30am tuesday morning. So all in all we are travelling along nicely in that area.
    Ive really noticed a bulk up in her lately. Its been funny cause everyone always comments on how brand new she looks as she's so small and petite. Now she is loosing her 'newborn looks' and starting to fill out a bit. I really have noticed this the past week...ive posted new pics and a video clip on FB!

School wraps up soon for us, i think another 2 weeks. To be honest im really looking forward to the school hols. We arent doing anything special these xmas hols...i think we are still heading down south still.

theres my time up...be back for personals later today xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello my lovelies, just got back from my trip to Iluka. I had the best time, was so nice to see my parents really bond with Xavier and for me to be looked after and spoilt was pretty nice too

The trips there and back took about 11 hours each way plane/car combo, poor little mite was buggered either end but an absolute angel to travel with. I am amazed at how well I managed with him stuck on 1 aeroplane seat for 5 hours - any phobias I have about public b/f have evaporated lol.

MrsShe - OMG!!!!! Your MIL sounds like the biggest cow out (even bigger than mine, though she's not so much of a cow as a cuckoo lol). Could DH see her behaving so badly? I hope so. I'm off to check out your new photos on fb after this....

Kitz - welcome welcome welcome!!! Sounds like everything is going well with your little Miss. IKWYM about having the parentals come in those early weeks, it was no good for me at all. I was so sleep deprived I was super snappy at mum, lucky she forgave me

Smoore - happy anniversary! I can only think of super boring practical gifts. Could you splash out and get a really lovely china set? Or even better maybe you could go to China for a holiday lol. I've told Dh every anniversary is diamonds for us women hehehehehehe. Mind you at 7 years I seem to be missing a few. When I was away I had X in bed with me as had an aversion to his expensive portacot, I had the bed up against a wall and just took all the pillows off the bed except one for me and it was fine. Hope R settles back down with his new dosage soon.

Jess - oh darling, so sorry to hear your news wasn't as good as it could have been. Little O sounds like such a strong little trooper though, he's so lucky to have you for a mummy. Iluka was awesome btw, there's not much there but beaches and a pub but that suits us just fine! Granulation just means where the scar tissue has gone a bit crazy I think (correct me if I'm wrong dear resident nurses) and the silver nitrate just burns it off. It's actually feeling much better now thank god!

Mama - sorry to hear K has been a bit fussy with her day sleeps. I can completely relate though, X has been a great sleeper at night for ages, but during the day I only ever get a 45 minute catnap between feeds and sometimes it takes me an hour to get him down for that. Ugh!!!! Wow, not long til moving day for you, you must be so excited. Can your boys go to the same school or will it be too far?

Nic - hooray for being nearly back to normal! I bet you have a new appreciation for normal now. I get your frustration with the sleeping, it must be complete torture for you. Wish I had some worthwhile advice to help but I'm totally clueless. Does DH help out more during the nights on the weekend so you can get a few more zzz's? Actually I just had a thought, instead of trying to stretch her out to 4 hourly feeds during the day have you tried pumping her full of milk every 2.5 hours or so? I think that's why X sleeps well at night cos he is so bleeping full from feeding all day long lol.

Bosco - did you survive the MIL's visit ok? Nice notice on that one too how did J's shots go? And is she sleeping any longer stretches?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bambi - so happy your trip was great, you are such a trooper travelling so much already. I dread taking J to the local shops LOL.

Yay yay the MIL has left and wasn't she just a lazy burden. I ended up cooking her meals and vacuuming around her. . As for J, still not sleeping much more than cat naps during the day but she had a feed at 11.45pm, 4 am then 8.15 am so I could actually get some sleep after her 4am feed.

MrsShe - Hope Gracie stopped screaming. Nothing worse. I had that when J had colic and then the lovely reflux. All good now with the thickener. I am glad she has been sleeping through though, you are lucky...

I have to hop off for a bit so catch up on personals later. xxx to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKoala View Post
    Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If you're comp feeding with formula but BF the majority then bub's poo will be watery from BM as it is easy to digest. Kiara is fully BF and her poop is anything from sticky runny to watery. As long as it's mustard or light green or has kernals it sounds normal to me.
    Both - lucky me! She hasn't had a poop now for a couple of days which is a bit strange for her, but i guess that's normal at 6 weeks and I should be prepared for a very nasty suprise soon... hopefully this time not in the car seat!

Bambi - crikey! What a trip! Glad you made it through OK. We're going to Tas for Christmas and even that seems a major operation (I don't even want to think about the trip to the UK in March!)

Mrsshe - Poor lil G! K has aircon in her room, but she was still pretty ratty and I've had a few nasty days. I think she doesn't like sleeping in her room during the day (we have a bassinet in the kitchen during the day as I got sick of the hike up 2 flights of stairs to her cot).

Smoore - Sorry R has been ratty too. interesting about the zantac - my paed gave me a script when I told him about K crying, but I haven't used it as I don't think she's in pain (as it's limited to certain times of day and she's generally fine at night).

Nic - Phew! Another watery observation! K was also having her poo at 2am (sometimes 6am) and almost always after I'd already changed her - cheeky lil thing. Hold in there, I hope the sleep gets better soon. How about 39C? Does that count?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=kitz;4263987]Both - lucky me! She hasn't had a poop now for a couple of days which is a bit strange for her, but i guess that's normal at 6 weeks and I should be prepared for a very nasty suprise soon... hopefully this time not in the car seat!

/QUOTE]

Yes, I have the same, J monster will go for almost two days sometimes, then mr poop is on the way when I see her flared nostrils straight bottom lip and red face....and it's always a runny green toxic poop... I don't know when it will go back to yellow..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boscosmum View Post
    Yes, I have the same, J monster will go for almost two days sometimes, then mr poop is on the way when I see her flared nostrils straight bottom lip and red face....and it's always a runny green toxic poop... I don't know when it will go back to yellow..
    Phew! Runny green toxic sounds like a perfect description. which formula are you using? We've now been poop-free since Tuesday... Not sure when I should start to be concerned. The books say once every few days min for bottle and as low as 1/week for breast. But what about both? Her farts are getting progressively worse, so I can't imagine it's far off! Might have to slip her a little sugar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kitz View Post
    Phew! Runny green toxic sounds like a perfect description. which formula are you using? We've now been poop-free since Tuesday... Not sure when I should start to be concerned. The books say once every few days min for bottle and as low as 1/week for breast. But what about both? Her farts are getting progressively worse, so I can't imagine it's far off! Might have to slip her a little sugar.
    Haha I misread that as 'every few mins for bottle'. That is a LOT of poo!!

A had her first poo-free day yesterday ever! Was good timing too since we were at my sisters for BILs 30th party. Had a good night, took up some bottles of EBM for bub so I could have some wine and pretty much forced her to take 175mls of it (she normally struggles to drink 100mls, hence the poor sleeping/frequent feeding I think) and she went 6hrs till her next bottle (which was 3am), so was a record!! Got DH to heat her 3am bottle even though I woke up anyway and then at 6am I gave up (it took so fricking long to heat the bottles and you can't micro them) and BF her anyway. Figured I should by fine by then anyway since all I was drinking was Zibbibo and had my last drink at 10:30pm. Didn't even really get that tipsy which surprised me as I thought after so long I'd be a Cadbury!

Had a 3hr nap with A this avo when we got home and she actually settled really well when I put her in bed at 7pm so maybe our normal issues are overtiredness of an evening?

Considering starting solids sometime if she is still restless of an evening. Just seems that milk isn't doing it for her sometimes and she is trying to eat anything and everything. 4 mths old tomorrow, wish she'd slow down a bit! She now rolls in both directions and is quite mobile!

MrsShe- Hope the heat has eased a little there. It was really hot here last week too but now has rained over the weekend and is lovely!! Yay for sleep-throughs!! What dates will you be in Canberra (I know you said u will probably be there when I'm in perth but I'm still curious and hopeful!)?

Bambi- Glad u had a good time and X was good on the plane! Yeah we usually feed every 2-3 hrs but my thoughts were maybe she'd drink more at once if I tried to go every 4 hrs and then she might get used to drinking more instead of snacking? Having said that with the heat last week we were just demand feeding anyway. I usually look at the time out of curiosity but still demand feed.

Bosco- Glad ur mIL has gone, what a pain!!! Hope u can rest a bit!

Kitz- Glad I'm not the only one who's had a carseat 'surprise'. Happened to me last week, we ran straight into the shower to be cleaned off!! Lol- Yeah 39º is close enough I suppose.... ...actually I think for the first time ever it was hotter in syd than here last week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitz - We are using Nan Pro Gold with a scoop of Karicare thickener. We are about day 4 now without the poo so we have the increasing farts and grunting. It's going to be a lovely one for sure. DH and I keep wondering who will be the lucky winner that gets to change it...hmm night feed or the morning feed... I am hoping it is him on the late night one. :tree:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boscosmum View Post
    Kitz - We are using Nan Pro Gold with a scoop of Karicare thickener. We are about day 4 now without the poo so we have the increasing farts and grunting. It's going to be a lovely one for sure. DH and I keep wondering who will be the lucky winner that gets to change it...hmm night feed or the morning feed... I am hoping it is him on the late night one. :tree:
    Well, I started to worry (of course!) and gave her a little water after a feed. Well, got a pretty normal sized poo but was a horrible dark green(!) Then we had a really little on yesterday morning but she saved the grande finale for lunch at DH's Uncle's. Literally during lunch - she was over my lap as she wasn't settled and I was patting her bum... Note to self: a top for Mum is also a good thing to include in a nappy bag!!

We're using Nan HA Gold. I think it's the Gold that makes them green, although K's were kharkee green, then went mustard, but the recent few were all horrible toxic dark green! I hope that's OK - perhaps she was a little dehydrated...

Nic - Good to hear you got a nice bit of rest (and a good night out!)

Well, K outdid herself last night. Was unsettled between 6-8:30, we gave her a bath and a feed, put her to bed at 9:30pm and she didn't wake up until 5am!! I checked to make sure she was still breathing at 2:30am! Now the dilema of the BF supply if she starts going through the night inconsistently...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy gals......
    just thought I'd finally pop my head in and say a big HELLO!!!!
    I don't have time to scratch myself most days but DD1 is out with her aunt, DD2 is watching tv(she is meant to be asleep but seems to be wanting to drop this now.....ggrrr) and little Abby is snoozing in the bouncer.

All is well here. We are fully breastfeeding and while there is an attachment issue she is going great. She doesn't want to really take my nipple in as far as she should so is pinching slightly and then starts to click and fall off the nipple which means she is also swallowing too much air so gets wind. Off to the lactation consultant tomorrow to try and resolve it.
    She is also quite unsettled in the evening and a feed may start at 7pmish and will get her asleep by 11pm. Will then wake @3-4am then sleep till 7-8am. I can't complain really for a 3wk old. The older 2 are so in love with Abby. There is no jealousy and they just want to kiss and cuddle her all day.

DH went back to work last Thursday so we are adjusting to reality now. I think the biggest thing I actually did right was hiring a nice capsule so I don't have to wake her all the time in the car.

I miss my bump and look forward to going for #4 even though I know I'll likely need meds again which won't be for another 12mths now.

Tomorrow is 1 year since my m/c. Abby sneezed 3 times this morning and I whispered in her ear 'make a wish darling' and then started crying quietly. All the darn hormones and sleep deprivation are making me whacko I think.

Sorry for the lack of personals but I need time to catch up on everyone's bubbas.

Sorry if I don't get on regularly yet but I do think of you all.
    Kathy