+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Simba - Welcome!! Hope little E is being a good boy , wow, I am shocked about a little blue bundle for you, what a surprise!!

Nic - Glad your BF is going well. You are a trooper for expressing and dumping and going back to it. I think a lot of people would of thought it would be been too hard and would of stayed with the formula. I am so glad the Bells is getting better, you have been thru a lot you poor chicken We will all remember little E.

Jess - I think just doing what you need to do is the best plan, there is no point in you getting upset, because bubs will feel that too - happy mum=happy baby!

Bambi - How exciting about your holiday! I think it will be a great thing for you to have some family time and you can have a bit of a break. We have not been on a plane yet, I am sure you will do great! It is always nice to look forwrad to something, where are you going in Jan? My DH has Christmas and NYE off this year (which has never happened before), so I am excited and looking forward to that! I think you are doing a great job with X, he is thriving, good job mummy!

AFU - All going ok, Reflux is coming back but we have a paed appointment on Monday, so looking forward to that, other than that all good and enjoying being a mum (most of the time!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Simba- BAHAHAHA...definitely a story for his 21st!!! Poor kiddo!! I still remember rushing home from somewhere to read your post when you had your morph scan and feeling very excited for you, but also a little sad that it wasn't a boy. I often think that as much as I'd love to give A a sister (I have 2 and we are close), I really would love a little boy if we had another bub. Not to replace Ethan but I suppose just to see what a boy version of B and I might look like (since he isn't J's bio dad). Does that make sense? E sounds like he is sleeping fantastically!!
    And yes, we have lots of hair happening here too (although from the pics I have seen I think Elijah is the only baby I've seen who has more hair than Amaya!!! No haircuts here, but if she were a boy I'd be considering it. Think I'll grow her hair long, haven't tried to put it up in a ponytail yet as i'm worried about hurting her!
    Bell's is getting better slowly. Each day I make a little progress and today I can slightly move the right side of my mouth. My eye is very sore and dry tonight though which I think is from sitting in aircon all day!

Bambi- Glad you have a little getaway booked. Hopefully it's some serious R&R time for you! And for the record, you are 100% right I was not looking after myself at all! For at least a month I walked around normally in the day on 3 hrs/night sleep, ate terribly if at all, didn't exercise or drink enough water and still BF. And went on living life and doing housework, catching up with friends and stuff in general as if it was normal!
    So I think it was just all a bit too much! Big wake up call!
    I think X is definitely the chubbiest bubby here! A was 7.3kg at last weigh but that was at 14 weeks I think! I can't actually remember how many weeks she is now, I've given up and am counting months instead!

Smoore- Thanks for the BFing support, glad to be back to it as I find it much easier and i love the whole bonding experience of it. Glad I was able to do it this time around and glad she came back to her boobies so happily! No good R's reflux is coming back

MrsShe- Hope you're surviving OK and that time in the alternate MIL universe is passing by as painlessly as possible.....

Big hellos and babyhugs to everyone else!

Not much from me, just getting back into the swing of things I suppose. A has been much more settled the last few days and we may actually be starting to see some kind of routine taking shape.... watch this space....

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambibambino View Post

Mama - whereforartthou?

Xavier is officially a giant BTW! He was 6.9kg and 63cm at 9 weeks. I think that makes him the biggest fattest bubba in here
    Here Bambi - I have been reading but when I finally get around to posting I get tired and forget what I was going to write.

Yep sounds like X is the biggest bub here. Kiara was 58cm long and 5.2kgs last week. Don't know what she is this week but I will be finding out tomorrow.

Simbah -welcome and congratulations on your boy. Strange that you really wanted a boy but didn't want to know. Things certainly worked out for you. You are the second person I've heard that happen to, recently. Someone from our Birth group was also told a girl and delivered a boy. It certainly freaked me out enough to ask the midwife whether she was still a girl. I didn't even want to look just in case there was a penis there I'm glad things are going well for you.

Nic - I'm glad your Bells is settling down. I've also been very unkind to my body but I'm trying to at least eat something small in the morning which sets me up to be hungry enough to eat for the rest of the day. I'm still not snacking properly but I do drink mammoth amounts of water to help with BF. It's a struggle to make sure I have food because K usually wants to eat at the same time. Tonight I had to tie myself over with a Cheese sandwich until she was asleep so I could make myself dinner. I hope you can figure out how to slot in some eating and sleeping in your day.

Smoore, jess, Bosco, MrsShe and anyone else I might have missed a big hello to you all.

I'm about to jump into bed. I have Kiara's 8 week shots tomorrow. I can't believe she's 8 weeks.... I was looking at the pictures from hospital yesterday and it feels so surreal to remember her delivery. I'm loving every minute of her, even her crying. I selfishly don't want her to grow up, but of course I wont get what I want. She's so great at night times. Goes to sleep between 8-8.30pm every night and wakes at around 11 and then again between 4.30-5.30am. I really can't complain. I don't get out of bed. I love having her in bed with me. She's so cute when she wakes up in the morning. She bangs me in the head with her arm while she talks to the ceiling. Very cute.

Better get some rest tonight just in case she gets grumbly from the shots tomorrow.

to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MK - wow we have Jaime's 8 week shots today too and I am nervous.. I am going to wait in the carpark and poor DH is going to be the beast. I hope K handles it well.

Simba - I was so happy to see you here, it seems like yesterday that we had that August blow out and our lives turned to poop. I am so glad you fell preggers again and I am happy that I can share that joy too.

Nic - Good to hear the bells is getting better. Anyway, what's with the hair???? J is still sporting a baldy head with a few little fine peach fuzzies. And a little bit of a mullet at the back but that's it..

Smoore - I hope the paed can give you something for the reflux as it is the pits. I am glad your DH has xmas and NYE off, you can celebrate as a little family woo hoo.

Jess - Don't feel bad for the rocking, nursing, pramming, do whatever it takes to get you settled then bubs will sort it out eventually. I was guilty of picking up J when she wouldn't settle and now she settles easier with less picking up.

Bambi - for the holiday, that sounds great. I am so excited that you are getting away for a while, it will do you good. Thanks for asking about J, her reflux has improved since we went on the thickener.

AFM - MIL ALERT MIL ALERT MIL ALERT. She rang yesterday (lives 3 hours away in the country) to say she's getting the train down and will be here until Sunday ..no asking no saying is that ok, just freakin told me. Then, she gets the late train that got in to the city at 9.40 pm so DH had to go and pick her up and I am left up with the bubs waiting for them to get home so I can get her to bed as she was feeding. Now, the MIL is sleeping nicely and I have been up since 5AM ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

Boscosmum - OMG - she didn't?? Some people aren't backwards in being forward are they? Hope she helps you a bit around the house. Is she staying till tomorrow or next Sunday?? Hope J's shots were ok for both of you!

MK - hope Kiara's shots went ok! 8 weeks already... it does fly doesn't it. I love to hear you are having such a wonderful time with your girl - O often ends up in bed with us too - it makes it so easy and I just love having him literally right next to me!

Nic - I am watching..... So great to hear you are feeling better each day - hang in there - you are one tough cookie!

Smoore - hope you got something for the reflux - poor little tacker - not fun at all!

Simba - that is amazing - I had so many ultrasounds and asked them everytime to check - and was still 'surprised' when they said boy - even though they told me it all along! I have no trust sometimes! Great to hear he is doing so well - even if he is sleeping in a hot pink room

Bambi - I really didn't have a choice re drugs - I had planned to try to avoid them but it all just happened so quick I didn't get a chance! And I didn't find it too bad to push him out backwards - I had nothing to compare it to anyway! He was only 6lb8oz so that probably helped too. I did get a 2nd degree tear too - no epi. Seems to of healed ok We have BDed a few times and it definately feels different and I am more 'cautious'. Can I ask what granulation is?? and the silver nitrate stuff? Sounds scary to me!

Thank you all for the support about settling O. I decided just to go with it anyway and do what we need to do and have found we are all happier with that!

I better get going - the little one is up!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im baaaack!!

woohoooo long tome no post....so glad to be back in the swing of things with you all...ive missed you all so much.

O.M.G. what a loooong 3 weeks its been, i officially have no hair left on my head as ive pulled it all out
    all i can say is we are sooooo glad to have our own space again...3 weeks is way to long.

Miss G is doing well...had her weighed last week and she was sitting at 4500g at 7w3d so she's been av around the 170ish grams per week. She is still so petite tho, she hasnt changed much at all over the past 8 weeks.
    She's officially 'woken up' tho. Witching hour is tough...she usually starts up at around 4pm and can last til around 7.
    She is starting to hate her dummy now and it seems to me that she wants to suck her thumb...she keeps sucking on her fist to try and find her fingers, when she does she sucks them for a bit til they fall out, then she gets all flustered again lol so cute to watch.
    Unfortunately i have gotten her into a bit of a bad habit of sleeping on the lounge during the day...i am going to put a stop to that this week. I can wait to get our routine back since it has been destroyed over the past 3 weeks
    And yeah MIL even said "im going to spoil G by getting her so much out her routine, then i will leave and you can deal with it"
    i honestly thought she was joking...how shocked was i when she actually did it. Even when i tried to tell her not to do something she would do it anyway or when i tried to take G off her is she was screaming the MIL would turn her back to me so i didnt.
    Oh i was sooo mad by the end of it. She even gave me a filthy look for taking G out of her carseat when i picked E up from school...she was sitting in the back with her - obviously she wanted me to leave her in the car with her.

Another thing....the whole time she was here she didnt lift a finger. She never offered to help cook dinner or clean up afterwards. She never asked if we wanted a cuppa...she would make one for herself tho, and expect us to always get her one.
    But as soon as G squeeked, she jumped up and grabbed her, even if she was still half asleep.

Oh im over it lol

anyway enough of that lol

simba - so glad to see you here, congrats on your lil blue but, wow what a surprise.

Bambi - enjoy your hols, next time your down this way we will have to catch up. X man is doing soo well!

nic - glad to hear the bells is getting better and A went back to boobies so well. Great job.

MK - cant wait to meet K. Sounds like your doing such a great job with her too!

hi to everyone else...sorry for the lack of personals, im thinking of you all...G is due to wake up for a feed in 10mins so i best get things ready. Now i my time back i will pop on later to catch up on personals
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies,

Having a late start to my day. Got up early but had a long phone call while I waited for K's morning poo. It took longer than it usually does. I know, we're reduced to waiting for poo's. Now She'll go down for her midmorning nap and I can get some more packing, decluttering and cleaning done.

Bosco - the shots were HORRIBLE!! Moreso for me. She's happily forgotten the experience but I still live with the guilt (and my harm is still sore from my Whooping cough booster). How did J go? or rather how did YOU go?

I see the x-mas emoticons are out YAY!!! I wanted to put the :tree: up this weekend but my mother was a scrooge and wouldn't let me. She wants to wait until Dec 1. I found the cutest most unique gift for my Secret santa we're doing this year. It's so cute I'm getting it for Kiara too and I want to spread the joy to as many people as I can. Can't share until the second week of Dec though.. Bummer!

MrsShe - welcome back. I can't believe your MIL. What a PITA. I'm glad she's gone and you can get back to normal. Seriously ladies, the stories you tell, I think I'm glad I'm single sometimes.

jesslee - How are you doing with settling now?

to everyone else.. gotta go while she's asleep and do some housework (and have some Breakfast!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

MrsShe - I am so furious for you! Totally agree with MK - PITA! I don't know how you didn't explode - you must be very patient - maybe you have my share? Sounds like G is growing beautifully! My niece is only petite - she is a real little girl! Hope she finds her thumb soon - for her own sake - it is amazing to watch them learn right in front of your eyes isn't it? God love her liking to nap on the lounge - can't blame her! I have gotten into the habit of feeding O laying down in bed and letting him fall asleep like that... I know I need to stop that soon!

MK - I had my whooping cough injection on Friday and my arm is still tender! We bought a :tree: yesterday and I can't wait to put it up - but I am with your Mum about waiting until Dec 1 - guess I take after my mum! Hope you got all your housework done today - I didnt'! Oh and O is settling - we are just doing whatever we need to do at the moment - we are seeing the cardiologist tomorrow about the holes in his heart so I am waiting to get the all clear from him before we try any self settling techniques - plus I love cuddling him to sleep - but know he needs to learn to do it himself too...

Bambi - I just remember that you wrote your parent's live at Iluka? I love it there - only been there once as a stop over on the way to Byron! They are two beautiful places - I'm sure you will enjoy your holiday!

Well not much happening here - we are getting aircon on Thursday . O is doing really well. I can't wait to take him in my parent's pool or to the beach! I am paranoid about his precious skin in the sun though - bought some 'natural' sunscreen the other day (chemical free) but am now wondering if I should've just bought the banana boat for kids?? Too much choice!

Hi to everyone else - hope you are all well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bosco - I hope you are doing ok with your MIL - how rude!!!

MrsShe - Wow, you poor thing! Welcome back, we missed you! Your MIL sounds a lot like mine, she drived me insane! She does the same thing and does not help at all when she is here and tells me things she thinks I am doing wrong with R, because she of course knows my son better than I do!!! Last time she stayed I got DH to read the riot act to her and she was not allowed to touch R without our permission, not that it worked much, but we are trying... I hope little G settles back into a routine for you, looks like the night sleeping is going well!

MK - Sounds as if things are going well for you. R always does a big poo straight after his first feed of the day, it cracks me up, except for the other morning when it was huge and went all over him, my arm and the pillow he was laying on, then he cracked a huge smile - well I am glad he found it funny!! I can't wait for Chrissy, love that time of year!

Jess - I did not know O had holes in his heart, how scary! I hope everything goes well at the doc appointment. My mum used to rock us to sleep in her arms every night, because she worked full time and she said it was her special time with us and it did not harm us, so if it is working for you, go for it! We have taken R swimming in mums pool and he loved it, I have also booked him in for swimming lessons which start next week, so excited about that.

to all the other wonderful mums!

AFU - We saw the paed today about his reflux, and it was as I thought, because he is a reapidly growing boy the dose he was orginally put on is now not enough, so we are just going to up his does and it should be fine.
    Tommorrow we are off to an awards ceremony where DH is getting an award, do you know how hard it is to fine a nice outfit that you can BF in!! Exceptionally hard in my wardrobe, but I have one shirt dress that might work well, if it fits around by huge chest, I am really hoping they go back to normal after I stop BF'ing! Oh, on that topic, to the lovely ladies who are BF, when do you plan to stop?

Hope you ll have had a good day and I wish lots of sleeping vibes for you all tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm going to go against the grain like your mum smoore and say I have every intention of instilling as many bad ' habits' in my baby as I can. She will choose when she doesn't need to nurse to sleep and when she wants her own bed. I'm also not worried about rocking her to sleep because she stays asleep just fine on an ordinary day once I put her in bed. I've never heard a adult say 'My mother still pats my back so I can fall asleep'. I have every intention of teaching her independence but still giving her the security she needs when she needs it. Jess - i'm sure with a heart baby you want the extra cuddles for your own security. I say go for it.

Smoore - I'm going to try and feed her as long as she wants to. I hope that working will not interfere with my BF relationship with her too much and if it does I am prepared to let my job go and get another one when she has weaned. (She may wean at 9 months or 2 years - but I don't intend on trying to wean her.) When had you thought of stopping? I hope the reflux settles on the new dose.

jess - you can get rashies for babies and get the hats designed by the skin cancer foundation. Any suncream that has UVA & UVB protection is good and just remember to keep him in as much shade as possible after 11am and before 3pm when the sun is at it's peak heat. I also wasn't aware that he had holes in his heart. How tough for you. Have they indicated when they may operate? Is it possible for it to heal on its own? I don't know much about it.

Gotta go make my boys dinner while princess is sleeping.

I received an order of hairclips today and i absolutely love them (i think i've found a new obsession besides nappies)
    Here's one of them until i get new batteries for my camera http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c&id=732191394

Have a lovely evening everyone