+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I've added Elijah to the front page Sim!
    Big welcome to the world for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great to see you here Simba... welcome to your little Elijah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yay Simba!

Bosco- Glad the thickener worked and that you have DH home for all of Nov!

Smoore- All is going well with the BFing now. Took me the weekend to get my supply back up which was a pain as she kept pulling off because I had zero letdown...but now I have lots of milk. Took her to bed with me a few nights on the weekend and just let her use my boobs as a dummy and i think that helped a lot. Also took some maxalon and made lactation cookies. I bought fenugreek tabs but i took one and almost ...not sure if it was still my body feeling yuck coming off the prednisone or what but not game to take anymore!

Izy- Come on Xavy baby - we want to meet you before Xmas!!

Jess- glad it was just a haematoma...I'm still in awe from your birth! Especially being your first!!

AFU- We are doing OK. Have taken to wrapping A again as she just wasn't settling properly. She's too big for most of her wraps now though so will head to spotlight sometime and buy some muslin by the metre. Have just taken to wrapping her in cot sheets that are folded in half. Last night she fed at 11pm and then didn't wake till almost 4am which was awesome! The Bell's is much better, no longer need to wear an eye patch outside (still definitely need sunnies though) so I can drive again! Still can't drink out of a cup without dribbling it everywhere but i have mastered bottles! Lol.
    Also am off the prednisone now and back to BFing. The woman at the BFing and medications info line (called them on Fri) said I could have BF the whole time on it and they only worry about long term steroids...but the doc and pharmacist told me not to and I felt so horrible on those meds that I wouldn't have wanted them going through to her anyway. Even now my skin is so oily and my hair has been falling out from it! The naturopath I saw was awesome and put me on some supplements and I'm sure that's why I am starting to feel a lot better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey I just looked at the date and realised that a year ago today I found out I was pregnant.
    It also means that a month from now is Ethan's due date and might have been his first birthday...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nic236 View Post
    Hey I just looked at the date and realised that a year ago today I found out I was pregnant.
    It also means that a month from now is Ethan's due date and might have been his first birthday...
    Awww that's bitter sweet Nic. I am so happy that you found out you were pregnant a year ago as little A is the result of that joy. I hope as the years pass it is easier to reflect on Ethan and know he is watching over you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Smoore - thanks for the reassurance about sleeping! I think I get a bit stressed and over think things when I am tired! We have decided just to do what we need to do for the time being- we will still try the cot everyday for 30mins at least once, but if he doesn't settle I'm happy to rock, feed, pram it. At least while he is still little anyway! Can't believe your 'little' one is 6.5kgs! I can so relate to not wanting them to grow up so quick! In one breath I am wishing for a more settled bub but in the other I'm like "No way - you stay a baby - baby!"

Bosco - down stairs is great isn't it! DH is organising our aircon today glad J is responding to the thickener in the formula too.

Nic - so glad you are feeling better and A is back on the boobie! Wow - you found out you were pregnant a year ago! Next month will be tough - but I'm sure E is looking over you O was born the day before my first due date (one year later). I never met my angel baby but I often think of what he/ she would look like as a one year old.

Simba - congratulations on the arrival of Elijah - sorry if I am ignorant but did they tell you you were having a girl??

better get going - baby waking!

to us all

simba6 is offline Always bring your own sunshine! :-D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Izzy thanks for the welcome,so glad to be here and great to see alot o familiar names here,i always remembered you
    boscosmum,as we both had to leave our group after m/c in aug,makes me smile to see you here as well.
    Nic, glad the change back to BF went well for you and that belle is getting alot better,how long did they say it would take to go,or they don't know?
    jesslee83 - Yep, i was expecting a girl,had 4 ultrasounds and popped out a little man,but he seems to be enjoying his hot pink room It's less common for them to mistake boys for girls, i am thinking maybe he is a little below average, if you catch my drift LMAO!

AFM - Ej was sleepin through till 6am,but is now back to 3,4 or 5am feed,the hotter weather is making him thirsty i think. I stopped warpping him as soon as he came home,i have a snuggle bed which is stuffed into his bassinette,i did the same with maia,and he seems happy in there for now. He gets terible excema,i used paw paw cream with seemed to sooth it. Does anyone elses baby need a haircut,how do you cut a babies hair???? LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello lovelies, sorry for the leave of abscence - to make my life just that bit more annoying I had the IL's with us this last week. They have gone back to their own state now and all is right with the world again

Jess- I found it easiest to just accept that there would be days/weeks/months where sleep woudn't happen and get on with things rather than trying to analyse how to change things. I bet O finds his own rythm for you soon. But make sure you NAP whenever you can if your not getting much shuteye overnight. Otherwise life doesn't feel like living IMO, sleep deprivation sucks. I'm up in Darwin at the moment, feels like Australia is a whole different country sometimes lol. WOW at the natural breech birth! You are amazing! I could barely manage a 'normal' one drug free. Did you manage to escape any nasty tearing or do they give you an epi with a breech? (sorry if TMI). I had a 2nd degree tear which is taking its sweet time getting better.

Nic - I agree with Bosco - how terribly bittersweet for you. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you sometimes to know exactly what you lost. I have been wondering lately about our bub and whether it was a little boy or girl and if it looked like X. Does A work her way out of your swaddles? I have had to stop swaddling this week because X is houdini and escapes and then wakes up cold Go A with the long stretch of sleep! I hope you were asleep for most of it too! So great to hear your b/f is back on track and the bells is slowly improving. It's such a reminder to take care of ourselves (not that I think you weren't of course) as I think you can get so run down. I'm definately guilty of being a bit of a shipwreck right now.

Simbah - congratulations and welcome! Look forward to getting to know you How is little E doing?

Bosco - wow lucky you to have Dh around all of November! How is J's sleeping going? Any more long stretches? Great to hear the thickener is helping her with the reflux too.

Smoore - great to hear from you! Good news about your scar too, it gives me hope. Mine is still pretty sensitive, I think it's the scar tissue I will give it another month then go back to the ob. I'm not an army wife, though sometimes it feels pretty similar lol. DH is a hotel manager and they move to different hotels every few years. His chain is pretty big so it can literally be anywhere. IKWYM about them growing too fast, it's crazy! I want to go back to the hospy and start over with my newborn!

Izy - my IL's are at Byron and mine at Iluka. Great parts of the world! How are you feeling? Soooo close for you!

MrsShe - has she left yet? You must be going bonkers!

Mama - whereforartthou?

AFM - well feeling a bit better. X and I are going on our first holiday together to visit my folks next week. I'm slightly apprehensive as it involves a 4 hour plane trip (alone!) but can't wait to get there and hit the beach. Then I booked another trip for Dh and I for 2 weeks in January so I feel like I've got things to look forward to and am getting out of Darwin. Fingers crossed a more permanent solution comes up for us soon though

Xavier is officially a giant BTW! He was 6.9kg and 63cm at 9 weeks. I think that makes him the biggest fattest bubba in here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We posted at the same time Simba. OMG I can't believe 4 ultrasounds were wrong! Did it take long to recover from the shock? I know of course the main thing is a healthy bub, but still! It's a long time to plan for a girl and then birth a boy lol.

Bugger that E is waking earlier for you. What time does he go down? X goes to bed at 8pm and wakes somewhere from 4-6am. And no haircuts required at our place, X lost all of his and it's just coming back now.....

simba6 is offline Always bring your own sunshine! :-D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambibambino View Post
    We posted at the same time Simba. OMG I can't believe 4 ultrasounds were wrong! Did it take long to recover from the shock? I know of course the main thing is a healthy bub, but still! It's a long time to plan for a girl and then birth a boy lol.

Bugger that E is waking earlier for you. What time does he go down? X goes to bed at 8pm and wakes somewhere from 4-6am. And no haircuts required at our place, X lost all of his and it's just coming back now.....
    Bambibambino - That was good timing hey
    E goes to sleep about 6,once the light disapears i out him to bed and he wont wake for another feed,and he will only drink a proper bottle if he is starving, so waking him doesn't work they all have there strange little routines.
    Yes, i still think we are recovering from the shock to this day and still say her or she on occasion,i desparately wanted a boy,but because i had lost a boy last year i was relieved to find out i was having a girl, as i always said if i was having a boy i wouldn't want to know even though i was anxious anyway just probably a little less,so that worked out well But yes there was alot of gift returning,and i am yet to paint his room blue, i did leave a pretty little newborn fairy dress in his cupboard,as i kinda felt like i had lost a girl then that never existed, it's a weird feeling.....but that's a story for my therapist LMAO! Kidding
    So when was xavier born,love that name btw