+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks You don't realise how big the belly is till you see it like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aww Izy, your av is gorgeous!

MrsShe- NOO!!!!! I had it in my head you were going between Xmas and NYE, i'm such an idiot. Well you have my promise that at some point this year I will fly up to Brissy for a personal visit, even just for a weekend with bub and I or something. Flights are pretty cheap from Syd when not in school holidays, so will arrange something for sure! I'm so sorry!!!!
    As for Xmas, I've no idea what to get A and am just not that motivated to get her much since she isn't old enough to appreciate it..which feels kinda mean since I'm sure I spoilt J his first one. But she has far too many toys and clothes and relatives to buy her more, so I think I'll keep it simple with just a few things.

Jess- Glad you found us!! Actually your bub sounds like an awesome sleeper to me! A has a tongue tie too (she also has one on the top gum, so not a 'tongue tie' as such but the same principle and it will mean a big gap between her front teeth)...but it hasn't caused any serious BFing probs. I think the best person to have look at it would be a lactation consultant and they can observe his feeding etc.

There will definitely be no UTD for me next year! Esp not after this last week. We will probably wait till A is around 3 I think, I'll be 29 then so will pop out one more before I hit 30..all going to plan. But then we haven't even decided for sure if we will go for another, so will see how we go.

Sorry I've been a bit negligent here of late. Feeling pretty down and yuck with the Bell's, i can't drive or be out in the sun much so a bit isolated. My mum is coming over tomorrow to take me grocery shopping. And it's difficult to do stuff with bub only having proper vision in one eye (have to wear a patch). Getting there slowly though, but had a big hurdle this morning as doc has started to wean down my prednisone dose and my body didn't like it and I was jittery, heart palpitations, breathless etc...ended up going into the GP and they want to wean me a little slower now so will be FF and expressing/dumping for probably another week now.
    On the upside, A is doing well on the formula. And she is sleeping in her cot every night now. Still feeding overnight, but on formula it's been every 4hrs rather than 3. DH took today off after my episode this morning and I slept all day with the help of some sleeping tablets (as the prednisone causes insomnia, I'd been up since 2:45am..).
    Anyway, not much else to report, sorry for the me post.
    Love to all and their babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls,

Nic - about Bells - I hope you are feeling better sooner rather than later. I really feel for you having to give up BF (I say that after reading your post of your last BF before starting your meds). But it is great to hear A is going well on the Formula. Hopefully once you are better you can return to BF like nothing happened! And yeah O isn't really a bad sleeper - it just takes some adjusting and I guess when you have a bad stretch it seems all consuming!

MrsShe - OMG you have your MIL there for another 2 weeks! That would drive me nuts - actually having my mum here for that long would drive me nuts! Ok I'll admit it - having anyone here aside from DH ( and he pushes it at times!) would drive me nuts Hope you get along with her ok and she is helping you out. Hope the walk did the trick - we did it with O the other night and it worked too!

Izy - love love love the pic! Thanks for adding O to the front page too!

AFM - been so hot here today - O has been so so sleepy - poor little man - think we might sleep downstairs tonight -bit cooler down there!
    We had a shocker of a morning yesterday - O was up from 8am until 12! and the last hour was all lungs! Had to take him to the dr as I found a lump on his neck (all ok - had an ultrasound today!). Anyway he fell asleep in the car and I went against my own preferences and let him sleep in the capsule at home because we had a friends funeral to attend an hour later.... so get to the ceremony and have to get him out of the car - more lungs! tried the sling for the first time - more lungs! Sat in the car and started BFing - ended up keeping him in the sling, BFing for half the cermony - he BFed himself to sleep! then slept all afternoon and all night! Woke for his 3-4hourly feeds but always went straight back down. We have a snuggy bed for him - and as DH drank himself silly last night O and I shared the bed so think that helped him too.

Well sorry for the blab!

Hope you are all well and your bubbas are too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome Jess and congratulations on darling Oscar! What a prompt little angel to arrive on his edd. Bum first too! Was it a natural birth? Sorry, don't answer that if you don't want to lol. Everything sounds like it is going well for you and O which is wonderful given how fresh everything is. I think I still felt like I was dying at that point X was totally all over the shop until about week 5 and then he settled right down. The sleep stuff sounds totally normal. How is the b/f going? You did so well to get O fed during a funeral service!

NIc- giant hugs for you I'm not surprised in the slightest you are feeling a touch down you are really going through the wringer atm. I hope your mum was good company for you today, not being able to drive or be outdoors much must be doing your head in! The episode you had yesterday sounds really scary, I'm glad Dh took the rest of the day off to help out. I can't believe on top of everything else the meds cause insomnia - what a freakin nightmare! Please come and vent in here anytime, your not isolated when there is BH land to escape to

Izy - gorgy gorgy gorgy Xavier bump! I miss my Xavier bump! Soooo close now, I read in the other thread that you had some BH? (not posting so much as there are a million ladies I don't know who will think I'm an imposter lol)

MrsShe - hope your clinging on for the remaining 2 weeks of your MIL's visit your a better woman than I am! Not only have I not finished xmas shopping I also haven't started LMAO. DH and I are always a bit slack at making xmas happen, he always works it and I always spend it away from my family so I generally try to ignore it and hope it will go away!

Bosco - hear is hoping J blesses you with another sleeping stretch like last night. Fingers crossed.

Mama - everything ok your end? Haven't seen you on for a little while....

Smoore - hope you and your darling little man are doing well

AFM - must confess I have a touch of the blues atm. We have been waiting for the last 6 months to find out when and where DH is going to be transferred next. We only ever came here as a 12-18 month stint and it's been 20 months now. I am so sick of 35+ heat every day, and of being so far away from my friends and family. It feels like this has been a phantom pregnancy and baby cos I haven't been able to share it/him with everyone. Now there still is no news and I'm just beside myself at the thought of being here for Xmas. I am ducking back to visit my parents in nth nsw in a few weeks and am tempted to stay with them indefinately. It would be awful to be apart from Dh but I am just really over being alone while he works 12 hour days 6 days a week. Grrrr. Sob. Sorry for the giant 'me' post.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jess- o is sooo cute in your av!! Sorry to hear about the funeral, hope you are doing ok. Glad to hear the lump in his neck is nothing to worry about, how scary though! Did they say what it was??

Bambi- Massive right back at you! How horrible for you! Where in NSW do your parents live? I can't remember, is your DH in the army or navy? If he is in the army get a tf to Wagga and you can hang out with me ....if he's in the Navy maybe don't, cause we are a long way from the ocean! Not that there's much of anything here, but I would keep you company! And A and X would be a cute pair!! Even if he is probably bigger than her now!!

MrsShe- You are a saint for having a MIL in the house that long. I like mine and all, but not for that long!

Thanks for the love everyone, feeling much better tonight...amazing what a trip out of the house will do! Also feel like I got a lot achieved as had my little sister watch A for a few hours while I did the shopping and my mum helped/drove me. A few questions and odd looks on the eye patch but made it around without too much incident! Even took A to the chemist to weigh her and she's now 7.3kg at almost 14 weeks. Heading off to bed now so hopefully will get a few hours in before it's bottle time again.

Love to all and their bubs. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babies keep us so busy don't they!

Nic - they said the lump was a hematoma (sp?) Just a lump from him turning his head to the right all the time - we trying to encourage him to turn it the other way with some success now! How are things with you? Are you feeling any better?

Bambi - oh I didn't realise your situation! Can I as where you are? I can totally understand you wanting some family company - I don't know how you do it - with just you and DH and with him working so much - you must be so strong - I'm sure Xavier is one lucky bub to have a Mum like you. I really hope you get moved soon - and somewhere close to your family and friends. Maybe a long stay with your parents would be good for you? Especially if you are feeling delicate - don't let that get worse - please...

And Oscar was a natural birth - didn't have time for any drugs! I was very lucky to have an obstetrician who would deliver him breech - although I was warned it was likely to end in a c/s - lucky everything went smooth though!

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    No more BH since those nasty ones They can stay away!

Bambi, My parents are in Nrth NSW too, near Lismore, so I'll probably spend a bit of time there when my Xavier makes his appearance. I don't know how you're doing it on your own, and hope you find a good support network near you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, girls, it has been a long time... I will try to catch up with everyone, but I apologise in advance if I misss anyone.

Bambi - I have almost forgotten I even had stitches! Yeap, I had the same thing with the silver stuff - that was not a fun experience, but after that it has been back to normal. Have you DTD yet??? I was scared at first, but it is back to normal now and has been for a while - the only thing is finding the time between feeding, sleeping and DH shifts! Are you an army wife sweet? I was an army GF for 5 years and it is really hard with all of the postings. I really feel for you sweet and know how hard it is away from family, especially at this time. Maybe you should go home and spend a bit of time with your fam, that may get you thru a bit longer? I bet if you went away from DH you would miss him like crazy, and then you would want to be back wherever he is. We are here for you sweet, even if we are not in the same state. I know Nic said Wagga, but I think you should come to Sydney and play with me!!

Jess - Congrats on your little boy! Our little man was like that sleeping at first as well. He would be asleep in our arms and you would lay him in his cot and his eyes would pop open. We just persisted and now he loves his cot. At the start we just used to lightly hold our hand against his face, so he could feel and smell us and then take it away as he was just drifting off. Now we can put him in his cot wide awake and he will settle himself.

MrsShe - Hope the MIL staying went well. I think I would of killed mine if she stayed for that long!! I hope little miss behaves herself more in the arvos for you. Have you tried a bath, does she like that? We found the days R was really unsettled a shower with DH worked wonders. I have not really thought about xmas yet…

Nic – You poor thing going thru such a hard time. How are you going now with A after you have put her back on the boob? Is she loving it again? I go a bit stir crazy if I stay home for a few days in a row, so I really feel for you not being able to go out. I hope you are feeling heaps better and back to normal (whatever that is! Hehe) really soon!

Bosco - Did you BF? R has reflux badly too and some people say formula is better for them as it is thicker in their little tummy. Just don’t know what to do? Would love to hear if you found any difference with BF and formula.

Izy - Very exciting!! Can't wait for you to join us.

AFM - Our little, or not so little, man was 3 months this week and I hate that time is going so fast! He was 6.5kg at 3 months. I said to DH that we need to start thinking about and researching car seats, since he can only stay in his capsule until 9kg, which is fast approaching. DH say "No way, I will not acknowledge that he is growing up, can't he stay this little for longer!" Other than that, his reflux is still playing up, but he is generally a beautiful happy boy!

Ok, super long post, sorry if I misses anyone. Lots of hugs to you all xx
    Last edited by smoore77; 08-11-2009 at 20:23. Reason: Nappy brain! R is 6.5kg, not 3.5kg - he was bigger than that born!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smoore - love your edit comment, nappy brain . I have always formula fed J as I take immunosuppressant medication for a bowel disease so I can't breast feed. We saw the paed and he has got us to add Karicare thickener to her formula and it seems to have worked and she is about 70% better. IKWYM about the growing bubs, I can't believe how fast they grow up, J has now grown out of about 7 of her outfits and some were pretty expensive and she only wore them once.

Nic - Hope your bells is ok, sounds like you had a nice break getting out of the house for a bit.

Bambi - sorry that you are feeling blue. I hope it passes soon, take the time to go see your family and re-consider things from there. You might just need a family fix for a bit. Apart from that, you will still feel so lonely given that your sweet furbaby passed away. I don't know how you manage with DH working long hours. My DH is off for all of November now which is a blessing, I have no idea how I will cope when he goes back to work.

MrsShe - Has your MIL left yet??? I hope you are still ok, your new pics of little miss G look gorgeous. x

Jess- what a trooper having a natural birth, especially breech...I am super amazed, you are a tough cookie. I can relate to the horrible heat, I have had a few nights where J has stayed downstairs in her bassinette to avoid the upstairs heat. The aircon is only evaporative so it isn't the best thing around. I am glad that O is ok after the lump scare.

Izy - woo hoo, you will be one of us soon.. I love your pics that you had done, I really regret not having any good belly pics, mine are all on our mobile phones.

simba6 is offline Always bring your own sunshine! :-D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

So glad we have all made it here to this thread Been a long road for all of us, hoping i can join this little family too, i had my little suprise bundle Elijah J on the 19th july
    Congratulations to everyone and lookinmg forward to chatting with you all!

Sim