+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Kitz and welcome Baby Kiera!

Hello ladies,

Looks like everyone is super busy with their babies.

I've had my busiest week yet. Kiara has been a champion in the car. Monday I had her pictures taken. Click here to see the sample. We tried to get more sleeping ones but every time K was moved she would wake up. I can't wait to see the finished Disc.
    Tuesday I had a training session but K screamed most of the time so what should have taken an hour took 2.5 hours. The trainer ( who is a friend completing his degree) hasn't had a newborn for a long time and said to me 'aren't you spoiling her by picking her up?' I was very unimpressed. I said you can't spoil a baby. We need to work out something better because I wont let her get hysterical and leave her there. I am not that kind of parent. I would rather be out of shape than let her cry.

Wed took her to get weighed. She's gained 1.05kgs in a month. Go Baby! Then we went to a nappy party with another hubber. It was an interesting experience. I'm going to try 1 of the nappies.
    Afterward I took the boys and joined Basketball practice for under 12's. They enjoyed it so that will be our Wed after school activity.

Yesterday a few of our Birth group got together for a Mothers Group meet. We'll hopefully do that every Friday. That was a fair way away and it was stinking hot. I really need to have my air con fixed. It was lovely though, especially seeing everyone with their bubs. Last time I saw them was when we were all 20 some odd weeks pregnant. I'm sure everyone is relieved to not be pg in this heat
    Today more training but we're doing a 30 min walk so I can wear K which she loves, so no crying and hopefully she'll stay asleep for the second half hour, although I'm doubtful. I'll have to feed her nice and good so I can get 15 minutes uninterrupted.

She's in MCN's full time now which I am loving. It smells much better than disposables. Can't wait for her legs to get a bit bigger for leg warmers! I have heaps and they're so pretty!

I hope everyone else is doing well and you're getting some sleep and a nice routine going.
    Have a lovely weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MK- gorgeous pics, I love them. Little miss K looks adorable, you must be soooo smitten with her.

MrsShe - yay for some routine, can you tell Miss J to lift her game and get settled into a routine. about your MIL, you poor thing, I know exactly what that's like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boscosmum View Post
    MK- gorgeous pics, I love them. Little miss K looks adorable, you must be soooo smitten with her.

MrsShe - yay for some routine, can you tell Miss J to lift her game and get settled into a routine. about your MIL, you poor thing, I know exactly what that's like.
    Oh yes I stare at her all the time (I'm sure you do the same). I co-sleep with her and when I lay in the bed I just watch her until I fall asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MK- GORGEOUS pics!! Good on you for getting back into exercise, I really need a kick up the behind as far as that goes, and to stop eating junk!! Sounds fantastic that you guys from your birth group are meeting up regularly!! I'd love to do that but live in the middle of nowhere! Lol...one day we will have to have a meetup for our 'group' here!

MrsShe- wow, sounds like you're living in a mad house! I think you are doing well to not be institutionalised yet! As far as being on the computer, I use my feeding times to mostly sit at the computer with a cushion under A to kind of wedge her under my boob and type one handed. Works surprisingly well!! Looking fwd to seeing the pics you had done!
    Hope bub is feeling better now, it's awful when they have a cold. I can't tell if A has one anymore, she always seems to be snuffly...

AFM- Still not getting too much sleep here. The dummy was great for a week or so but now she spits it out and fusses for hours on end overnight. Sometimes I've just drifted back to sleep and she starts snorting and grunting and fussing about again and it goes on for ages off and on! She is almost too long for her bassinette anyway so soon she'll be in the big cot. Getting lots of chatter out of her these days, she doesn't stop!! Had her weighed the other day and she was 6.9kg at 11wks but hasn't gotten much taller!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic - Do you come up to Brisbane at all? Although I have an Uncle in ACT he's not the type that I would stay with. It would be awesome to meet everyone from here.
    I do the same thing with K re: feeding at the computer. I also have a netbook in the loungeroom so if my back hurts from sitting in the chair at my Desktop, I can use the netbook (which I'm using now) while sitting on the couch. It's just a lot harder to use with the touchpad mouse so I prefer my desktop for easy clicking between websites.
    Bummer about the dummy no longer working. Kiara is very sniffly at the moment too. I think it's allergies. If A is stuffed up then sucking on the dummy would cause her to not be able to breathe properly which may be causing the problem. Hopefully whatever it is doesn't last long and you get some nice long hours of sleep in tonight. Don't you love that no matter how bad a Kid's night is, they are always so happy in the morning? So cute that she's babbling already. I'm going to love it when K starts 'talking'.

Didn't end up training on Friday. But I will be training this Friday. I have decided to express enough milk for a bottle feed and hand the baby to her Daddy for an hour while I train. Will be a lot less traumatic for both of us if I know she's being held even if she cries the whole time she's with him (She's not used to him which is kind of sad).
    He's been bringing his other kids to see her on Wednesday afternoons. It's good that no matter how the adults feel about each other, we're making sure the kids are all together. Something I'm proud of myself for, because I could be the complete opposite and make it all about me.

Only 2 months until I move in with Mum. I'm both excited and a little freaked. I never thought I'd live with my mother again. I can't wait to be able to do whatever I want with our rooms. It's very exciting. I'm definitely going to play with wall stickers. I wish I could paint because I would definitely do a mural in the boys room if I could.

Well I'm just rambling now. A little tired actually so I might have a hot chocolate and head off to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey MK, Haven't been to Brissy for years and years (like since I was a kid!). I do have an aunt who lives there but also prob wouldn't stay with her. Will hopefully get up there in the next year or two as DH has never been and neither have the kids. But heading to Perth in Jan (decided the Gold Coast/Bris would be WAY too hectic that time of year...we may come in winter or something!!).... so that will be good. Going to meet and possible stay with Moomum , and also might meet CMDsmum if she's around then. And of course I am meeting MrsShe after Xmas which will be AWESOME !!
    Of course then people will know how uncool I am IRL!!
    I think if we have a meet up Brisbane is the best option anyway though as most of you girls are northerners!
    for you honey, you are an excellent mummy! I remember how much it sucked having to try to parent alone and then having 'daddy' show up for the fun times. You are a much better person that I.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews

hi girls...doing the one-handed typing so excuse the possible mistakes lol.

MIL arrives today so i guess i wont get the chance to get on here alot for the next 3 weeks but i will try my best!
    we had a brissy meet up yesty with a couple of girls from our birth group...was lovely to get out of the house for some mummy chat. G has been really well...we had a tough all nighter a few days back, but im putting it down to wind and a growth spurt lol. I had her weighed on thursday and shes put on 1kg since getting her weighed at the home mid visit...she still has the petite tiny looks but you can feel the the weight difference when i hold her.

might head out and have a look at some laptops today...apart from that nothing exciting.
    nic - what dates are you going to perth?

have a lovely day everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just check out the pics of Gracie on FB!! What a little sweetheart!!
    Hey, we are going to Perth on 31st Dec-11th Jan) so figure that still gives us time to catch up in Canberra after Xmas? (Well hope so anyway.. ) Will head over to Canberra whenever you will be there, also my SIL (who lives in Canberra) is due to have her bub on 18th Dec so if she goes over will probably be between Xmas and NY. Can't wait!!
    Glad to hear G is gaining weight well, it's amazing how heavy they feel after a while..hehe! I struggle to hold A for too long now!!
    I think A is teething or something, has been refusing the breast heaps in the last few days. Feeling a little rejected ...had to express some into a bottle yesterday as it was the only way to get it into her. She seems to 'forget' she's on a nursing strike overnight though so is happy to drink from me then. i read that it can be normal for them to do that, pretty weird...it's as if she's already throwing a tantrum and wanting things her own way!
    She's also been trying to chew on everything, from her fists to my nipple (OUCH!), to even lifting her tops up to stuff them in her mouth.. , and lots of dribbling too, so hoping this is t and they come through quickly (although my mum tells me I was like this for months before mine came through... ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quickie girls as the J monster has only just managed to settle since her 8am feed (which was preceded by a 5 am feed and a 3 am feed so why is she still on this 2 and 3 hour meal schedule...aagghhhh DH goes back to work in a week so it will kill me to have all the night feeds with no naps)

MrsShe - I hope the MIL helps you out enough to give you a break so you can visit us on BH... I must get over to FB to check out your pics.

Nic - ouch, I hope little A isn't teething already, seems that you go from one bad phase straight to another.

MK - I had no idea you were moving in with your mum, sounds like a big move so I hope little K has settled for you by then.

Kitz - Where are you ???? now that you have joined the mums amongst us, show your face

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies,

While Kiara nods off in the swing I thought I'd type a quick post.
    I'm playing with Photoshop Elements and Scrapbooking layouts. So fun. I think I've found a way to scrapbook without having to pull out all my supplies and fear the kids destroying them. YAY!

Uh oh, she's getting fussy.

Back to 1-handed typing.

I don't know whether I mentioned it in here before but while my Grandmother was sick I was contacted by my Uncle on my Bio-father's side, which was a huge shock in itself. I found out I have 4 other siblings with the youngest being 5. I've been quite hesitant in imposing myself but also guarded because it is such a huge family and I had resigned myself a long time ago that I would never know that side of me.
    Anyway - so my 21 year old Brother added me on facebook today . I'm quite excited to get to know him. He lives in Brisbane (most o the family lives in Vic and my Bio-father - not interested to meet him - is in SA) as well as my Uncle so it will be really cool when I meet them.

Just thought I'd share.

Bosco - I could do without the early morning feeding too. Hopefully little J will be kind to you once DH goes back to work. Hopefully by 3 months she'll have cut her feeds to one during the night at most.

MrsShe I hope you get to visit us a little while MIL is there. At least I can keep up with you on FB though.

Nic - I hope A is feeding from you again. I've never experienced breast refusal before but I know I will be quite upset if Kiara does it to me. Not to mention worried about her starving herself. A does look like a little girl instead of a baby now. She's so cute.

Welcome to Kitz and Jesslee. I hope you both have some time to visit us soon. I can't wait to hear about your little bubbas.

Well I'm going to go back to digital scrapping. It's a point and click mouse activity which is much easier to do with 1 hand.