ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Please read and reply - I desperately need help !!

Hi everyone....desperately needing your help.

I just got bt back and it is 30 - 14dpo.

The IVF nurse has reassured me (after I've rung crying 3 times!!) that even though it is LOW....it may be fine. They usualy work on it being around/above 100 at 16dpo and she said there is no reason why the 30 could go up to over 100 by Saturday (my 16dpo).

I have a BAD feeling that this is going to end like my other two BFP's have...I'm soooo upset and worried.

The other thing that is making me wonder, is that I have had BFP's on HPT's since 11dpo (so, last three days - getting darker)....so if the level has to triple in two days to get to 100 by Saturday....that means it must have tripled since two days ago, so the level would have only been 10 on day 12dpo and less again on 11dpo when I got positive hpt's !!! WHICH, by my calculations means that it was possibly higher and is now going DOWN, not UP.

Please tell me HONESTLY - I don't want any false hope what-so-ever....need to know what you think honestly so I am prepared!!

I'd LOVE you to share what your BT levels were on different days !!!!

Thanks so much,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    honey, u could mc... but u could also get a healthy pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!! sitting there stressing and counting and recounting is probably NOT helping. i know its easier said that than done, but try and b calm, try not to stress!!!!!
    i wish u and ur little bubba all the luck in the world!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh Dear. I really feel for you, geez life sucks. When I had my first BT (after IUI) at I think 16dpo, it was only 14, it doubled to 28 two days later, but it ended up being ectopic (was around 300 for two weeks straight after I bled).

When I did IVF, it was around 400 at 16dpo.

This thread is in the IVF section:

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=220351

Thanks
    Reviews
    First of all, sending lots of .

Sorry I dont recall what my levels were, but I do very clearly recall that the nurses are NOT allowed to misguide you. Therefore, the nurse could be right and it may pan out ok.

You really must try to calm down as stress can cause you to mc. Focus on the positive.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh dear, I've been in your situation.... aarrrgghh!

I have had it go both ways too. Unfortunately it could be a chemical pregnancy but you know that. You want a positive story and I've got one!

DS1 didn't even implant until 12Dpo (I had spotting and thought it was AF). Hcg at 15Dpo was 27. At 18Dpo Hcg was 162. He was 9lb 4oz, healthy, strong and he's now 2.

Good Luck. Keep us posted please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, definitely been there and done that twice!
    I happen to be one of the 15% of women that have low hCG but have children when most other women would miscarry at similar levels. With DS I thought it might just be a one off (he started at 60 12dpo) but when I got pregnant a second time with DD she only started at 57 at 12dpo and my levels didn't double with her and I also bled extremely heavily for about 10 weeks straight.

So everything could possibly work out fine for you too! Also, I never showed up positive on hpt's - DH told me after my first pregnancy that they were banned but I still did them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I think I am in the same boat

This is our first go at IVF(ICSI) -- I had a single embryo transfer 2 and a half weeks ago .. I think I implanted about day 10 (some cramping and a only a little spotting). I had a BT on Saturday (Day 13) and was told I was pregnant. One of the hormones was only 60 so I had another BT on Monday and the was at 60 still not the 100 or so it was meant to be and the other hormone was dropping -- same on Wednesday. (Sorry -- I don't even know what the hormones are called.) I have another blood test tomorrow but have already been told it will not be a viable pregnancy so I have to wait for my body to get rid of it ie MC. I think I should be more upset than I am but it doesn't seem real ... if I let myself think about the ramifications of it all I think I will fall apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    20 dpo = 365
    24 dpo = 1461

Its not the level its that its doubling. Try not worry but its hard I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you soooo much for your responses

cjm1: I'm so sorry you are in this situation and I hope everything works out next time for you.

I've spent the last few hours searching for HCG levels and it hasn't made me feel too confident!! Alot of sites quote that IVF clinics like to see a HCG level of 100 at 14dpo....The nurse today told me that look for around 100 at 16dpo, so now am a little confused.

Nurse also told me that with a level of 30 today, it should double to 60 tommorow and then 120 on Saturday, which would then be fine.....BUT everything I'm reading is saying doubling every 48-72 hours, not 24!!

Anyone reading this that has had a BFP, could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what your HCG levels were on which days and also, what does your clinic like your levels to be on certain days AND how often have you been told the levels should double....

Sorry for all the questions...I'm going INSANE

I have coped really well with BFN's and even was OK with 2 miscarriages, but I'm not holding it together all that well now - this was THE ONE that was meant to work!!!!

Thanks again, your support and kind words are soooo appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i want to come and wish you all the luck.......you need to calm down, and walk away from the computer! Your stressing isnt going to do anything!!!

My news isnt good news. I have had 2 low HCG BFP's and both ended in M/C.

I truly hope and i will be praying for you tonight that your levels do more than double. xoxoxoxox