ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely get a few, as mine have actually mostly come in handy when DS has had gastro, and that has usually meant changing spewy sheets more than once in a night...and of course you don't want that seeping into the mattress do you?!! That, combined with the occassional leaking nappy and then toilet training makes them essential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep im a believer in having a reasonable supply!

You just never know..... we still have DD who is 5's mattress with nothing wrong with it for if/ when we have another child.

With the cot sheets- i had 2 really nice sets, and then 2 emergency sets- and the emergency sets were from Best and Less.

Ok they arent a fantastic quality but they did the job and they were only about $15 for a set i think.

But like i said im going back 5 years now so maybe they are more pricey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we use an old shower curtain over a sheet. you don't need to launder it, just wipe it down and it's good to go again.

JackzMumma is offline My family is finally complete!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 3 or 4 of them. Both DS's were also chucky bubs and we had to wash them along with the sheets. Definately essential. And our mattress is in perfect condition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have one on DS's cot and it gets washed regularly but as we live in Darwin getting it dry is not a problem.

I initally got 2 for DD but one turned out to be for a port-a-cot or something smaller (it didn't fit the cot but fine in the port-a-cot) I now use that one on DD's bed - I cut the elastic and up the corners so it lies flat it saves changing the full bed if she wets -sorry OT

So DS has the one that was DD's when she was in the cot. We have 3 sets of sheets for DS (I had 5 for DD but we lived in Melb so things took longer to dry in winter etc) I am only using the fitted sheet too DS is too wriggly and comes out from under the covers so I gave up and he is in a bonds long leg/sleeve easy suit and I toss a little blanket over him.

I think at least one prob 2 is the sensible thing esp if you want the matress to last for a while or do more than one child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think I had 5 cot sheet sets, one of which was flannelette. I had 2 cheapies and backups and didn't often need to use them... but they were there in case we had a particularly bad night.

And yeah, you DO need a mattress protector. Sometimes, no matter how good the nappies are, your baby does horrible runny poos that just can't be held by a nappy... exploding from the waist and leg holes. Disgusting. lol.

Nappies easily leak too, even the great ones.

And then there's spew - even a non-spewy baby has its moments.

I had a breathable, washable mattress too... but that doesn't really help when it's the middle of hte night, and you still need to factor in drying time and whatnot (which is a LOT - I discovered this when DD was old enough to remove her own clothes and nappy in the middle of hte night, and pull off half her sheets/protector/etc too...lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    ITS A MUST HAVE i would recommend getting one like a fitted sheet not with the elastic ends had heaps of trouble with that sort got mine from love n care

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree a MUST have... the fitted ones that look like terry toweling on the top but have a plastic/breathable microhole reverse are fantastic in fact they are so hard wearing 3 years on I'll be using mine for #2.

Also, my mum got an old flannellette sheet and made me some 'cot strips' which essentially are about 160 long x30 wide and you tuck these super tight OVER THE TOP of your fitted protector and fitted sheet - so you end up with a 30 cm strip of fabric just under where bubbies head is.... if bubs is a chucker or drooler you can often just replace the strip not the whole sheet.... saves so much washing. Not recommended once they start moving/crawling but in the first 2 months they were a godsend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old post, but for anyone else pondering waterproof sheets, I just wanted to recommend making the cot with two at a time. Ie waterproof, sheet, another waterproof and another sheet. In the middle of the night when nasty gastro or something sneaks in the house (or just for simple but regular case of a leaky nappy etc), trying to put fresh sheets on a cot one handed with a crying baby whilst sleep deprived is not fun. Being able to strip the top layer one handed, throw it in the washing machine, pop bub in bed and deal with the rest in the morning is such a relief!! Even when my kids moved to single beds I continued this, as the little extra effort is well worth it when you end up with a sick home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from target and keeps the mattress beautiful and stain free

I also put one on my bed so when I was breastfeeding no milk leaked into mattress and then toilet training kids didn't ruin my mattress either with accidents