+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This one is quite embarrassing

For a recent scan, I had a FN who was relatively new to doing scans (as she informed my whilst lubing up the lovely probe!) - well didn't I learn just how inexperienced she was when she started probing in the wrong place (if you know what I mean) I had to actually direct her and say "umm, I think you need to go a little higher" - needless to say she was highly embarrassed and quickly explained that she didn't look where she was going!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lillyjack For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (29-09-2011),nelle7250  (15-11-2011),rae81  (04-12-2011),Sareeb77  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilly - OMG!! That's hilarious (although I bet it wasn't for you at the time). I always worry they are going to do that as they always seem to have their eyes focused on the screen and not down there!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

I moved clinics from Melb IVF to Monash IVF and had to redo all the entrance stuff including the counselling apts.

I met my counsellor and explained I was conceiving with a sperm donor on my own because my last relationship ended last year and I had run out of time to meet Mr Right. We had a lovely chat and she asked me if I knew about all the little childrens books to help children understand the sperm donor process. She then showed me a little cartoon book and every page was filled with daddy (only) playing with his daughter etc. I said, but where's mummy? Why are all the pages about daddy. She frowned and rechecked the book and then said 'Ohhh, I think that is meant to be a mummy'. OMG!!!! THis parent had a short male crewcut, a male sports shirt with the collar up, a thick wide body, male pants, and flat chuncky slide on male sandals, no jewellry, no makeup, no piercings, short lashes, totally masculine hands and feet etc. I said 'is this meant to appeal to butch gay women trying to conceive. I'm a straight feminine female. This person is totally male'! She blushed and admitted she never noticed that the cartoon character was totally male physically'. I said 'It doesn't even have breasts or curves, or anything'. She said 'That is so true. I'm so sorry'. I laughed and laughed. The character looked like the father out of 'Family Guy'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaaa this is funny. Thanks. I haven't got anymore funnies. Just had a very very painful HSG. Noticed that when your having a pelvic U/S or HSG that they don't cover your bits down there until they are ready to do the test.

So ladies its legs up and exposed down there for all to see. No drape over your bits until they are ready.

I think they should charge admission to see my bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was........i was sitting in the chair waiting for the transfer the nurse came into the room wearing one of those miners lamps on her head.....i thought this was quite funny as i had never seen them do this before at inseminations, she looked a bit embarrassed and said she wears it cause it gives out great light......i said it looks like you are going digging for gold .....it was so funny we all laughted but it was a good ice breaker!.....MM xx
    Last edited by maisymum; 25-08-2009 at 09:54.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maisymum For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (08-12-2014),jessesgirl  (29-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I hope not digging for gold, but implanting a little nugget. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At out first ever egg pick up my mum came with DH and i to the clinic and wait with DH while i was under. We were in the waiting room with about 4 other couples when DH hadt to leave to go do his bit My mum thought that he got all emotional as i had been a bit teary that morning. I was trying to explain to her that he was going to do his sample in a very hushed tone so that the other people wouldnt hear (even though we were all there for the same thing). Im not sure what my mum heard me say but she took off running after him thinking he was having an emotional breakdown. Neither of them came back before i was called. I woke up afetr the egg pick up with a VERY embarrassed looking DH and a VERY sheepish looking mum.
    Needless to say mum never came with us again

Oh, but wait - after 6 stim cycles i have more

We lived in the country until end of last year so had to travel to adelaide for treatment. Once i ran out of crinone pessaries so my clinic had to send them down on that nights greyhound bus service. I waited up until 11.30pm and drove down to the depot to pick them up. Well - the nurse who packed them took the out of the box (2 boxes worth) and stuffed them into a yellow a4 size envelope. As the bus driver handed them too me i dropped the envelope and it busted open sending crinone pessaries in every direction - with the instruction page with the girl with her leg up right on top. Yep - you guessed it, he helped me pick up every last one. I couldnt do the pessaries without thinking of this old bus drivers face EWWWWWWWWWW

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LulusMum For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (17-07-2011),clucky14  (03-11-2012),jessesgirl  (29-09-2011),KandP  (01-03-2012),rae81  (04-12-2011),ScubaGal  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking I woke up singing!

I was undergoing egg collection and apparently, under the anaesthetic I was singing. Not just random words..I was singing 'nothing sweet about me' by Gabriella Cilmi. When I woke up the nurse was having a good old laugh about it!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luv2BaMummy For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (03-11-2012),Funchu  (08-12-2014),ScubaGal  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are some great stories in here! I have a few, but this was the most recent. I was lying there about to have my ET and FS grabs a speculum and slides it in, I kept on chatting to the nurse la la la, then FS goes "nope, a bit too small" pulls it out and points to another one. The nurse pauses in our chat, grabs it for him and hands it over. He pushes it in and I literally went "whoa! That IS bigger!" Then I realised what I said and went bright red from embarrassment, but the nurse went one better and quipped "size matters!" Me and DH cracked up straight away and I even heard snorts coming from FS down between my legs. It was sooo embarrassing but funny too. Really was a reminder that my reproductive bits are actually sexual bits too, with all the business of IVF I kinda forget that sometimes!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ASillyMummy For This Useful Post:

nelle7250  (15-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats awesome!