+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF and the funny times. (positive thread)

Okkkk must have been funny between you two but certainly in the wrong context for me to appreciate. If you were talking about the lower region then you may of had a point lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    My funny ivf story goes like this
    When I had my successful transfer my husband couldnt be there due to other commitments
    Now the running joke is I got pregnant and he wasnt even there!

ps: great idea for a thread
    Marlin, I often say my son was conceived by immaculate conception as my hubby wasn't there when I was inseminated for IUI

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were quite open about DH having a vasectomy reversal. A friend of ours was explaining to her (18year old, pregnant) daughter that he was getting a reversal. Her reply was "but don't they cut them off? Thats what they did to the dog?" Her naivety was hilarious and so we told her that we were getting donor testicles from an 18year old black man so we could have little chocolate babies! (DH & I are white) DH's brother has a dark skinned wife and we seriously considered getting a pic with their newborn so we could show her the baby we got from the 'donor testicles'! Haha!

Edited to add that both my posts refer to other ethnicities but i can assure you we are not racist. Hence the reason we are able to comfortably make jokes between ourselves.
    Last edited by quin; 08-11-2012 at 19:33.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to quin For This Useful Post:

Sareeb77  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

My story comes from my ET. Everything was going smoothly and it came to the point when my FS was removing the speculum and I must have been clamping down slightly and suddenly my FS says 'give that back to me, you don't want to go home with that'. I just couldn't stop laughing which made it even harder to remove! I'm happy to say I didn't have to go home with it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Bubbles4me  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH has a strange but funny sense of humour. When we went into the IVF clinic at Wesley Monash it was designated on all the hospital signs as an "I" in a pink box. The ladies at the desk if we found our way alright and he said "yes we just followed the pink I". on another occasion we were leaving the clinic and there was some construction going on. You could clearly hear a jack hammer and my husband said "oh is that the way you get the ladies pregnant".

Thankfully the nurses and receptionists thought he was funny too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my first ET on Good Friday chatting away to the FS, awkward as always, and he asks what we're doing for the rest of the day. We replied that we were planning to head out to dinner he said to make sure we got fish. Not possible I said as it was a mexican restaurant and then he replies with a hmmmm fish tacos not a good idea. I was mortified into silence fortunately DW didn't catch on and keep up the conversation!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amberoonie For This Useful Post:

Bubbles4me  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had this happen to me friday! I was getting my very first egg transfer and was in the very unladylike and unflattering position where my legs were pointed to high heaven and the FS was between them. She goes (from between my legs), "oh thats a very nice view" ... Pause ... My husband stares wide eyed at me until she finished, "if you can see on the u/s there is your bladder and your uterus."
    We both giggled our way through the transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had my Egg Collection done this morning. Some great variations on what my family and a friend has called it. My brother - "So you're going in for harvesting on Monday". My very good friend - "Let me know how you go dropping the kids of tomorrow" and a conversation between my Mum and my sister yesterday (my sister took me to the hospital)- Mum to my sis "Have fun at the baby making factory tomorrow". I like how everyone has their own little ways. I love them to death!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jen1978 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles4me  (01-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (15-07-2013),Milly888  (30-04-2013),rae81  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the laugh I really needed it today as I had another failed cycle. So thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I are due to start IVF this month - however we have already had an amusing story which I thought I could sneak in, in relation to this topic.

When DH was asked to deposit his second 'sample' for comparison and analisis, we went to Monash IVF. We arrived to find the nurse at reception downstairs, wearing a lab coat... with a veterinary clinic logo on it!

We questioned whether or not we were in the wrong place until she provided my husband with his sample jar. Then we started thinking maybe she had dressed for the wrong job that morning!