+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi,

Right before starting IVF I had to have a laparoscopy. I had a really lovely anesthetist who I happened to see on TV the very next night anaesthetizing a gorilla at the zoo! The gorilla had a rotten tooth that needed to be removed. That gave me a good laugh…..me and a gorilla sharing the same anesthetist.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (08-12-2014),ScubaGal  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ang that is sooooooo funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies,

This is a great thread, we need to hear of the funny side of ivf, I have a few now that I've done 10 cycles.

1 - First transfer I was lying there when my FS spoke & I automatically looked down between my legs at him & his face was looking up at me and I thought eww, not the image I want in my head when I recall the moment I got utd. Now I try to avoid any eye contact when he's down there.

2 - Had just finished another ET, still lying there my assistant from work called me on the mobile & asked was I busy, I replied - um you could say that, I'm lying flat on my back at the clinic with my legs in the air, what's up? (she was aware where I was, but still felt the need to call me about something rediculous, made mental note to turn off phone next time).

3 - My mum came in with me for 1st EPU and was quite shocked that they threw my legs up into the stirrups and left me uncovered for what she thought was an inappropriate time spread eagled. She felt like slapping someone and saying hey that's my daughter your exposing everyone too! She also told me I was snoring my head off and she & the anethetist had a good laugh about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats funny.

But also informative. Just some of the things I may have to look forward to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just remembered one a friend of mine told me. After her ET, she turned to the FS and said "well that was better than having to have sex to get pregnant". Her DH was not amused!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Satine For This Useful Post:

rae81  (04-12-2011)

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My funny from IVF was my FS dropped the condom that he places over the ultrasound scan thingie, I said “I hope the 3 second rule does not apply here” … I think we both had visions of him picking it off the floor, checking it for dust and using it.

I never expect him to remember such trivial moments but a few weeks later during the transfer I watched as the embryologist person bought our embies in and he said “No three second rule if she drops them”

Thanks
    Reviews
    My funny ivf story goes like this
    When I had my successful transfer my husband couldnt be there due to other commitments
    Now the running joke is I got pregnant and he wasnt even there!

ps: great idea for a thread
    Last edited by Marlin; 31-07-2009 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Satine - that is so funny as I always say the best thing about IVF is not having to have sex!!

I have a funny story also....
    At our last transfer the doc was working away, speaking to the scientist to hand him this, hand him that.... Anyway, I was getting dressed and DH says to the scientist, "Can I ask you something?? Do you name the embryos??" She said, "No, what do you mean?? " DH says, "Because the doctor said to you, bring me Wallace and no kid of mine is going to be named Wallace" . The look on the scientists face was priceless. Turns out Wallace is the brand of a tool they used in the transfer and they refer to it by it's brand name. DH thought they gave every single embryo a name and knew the sex. I cracked up laughing and DH says, "Don't laugh, Wallace might fall out."

My mum thinks that is the best story as DH is usually quite bright.

This is a great thread. It's so nice to read some good moments instead of doom and gloom.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jamison For This Useful Post:

babystepswa  (28-12-2011),bebehvala  (17-07-2011),clucky14  (03-11-2012),happykat  (10-02-2012),jessesgirl  (29-09-2011),KandP  (01-03-2012),Kellbell85  (11-11-2011),KLM0511  (08-03-2013),Kookii  (06-08-2014),MrsDaisyP  (21-01-2011),nelle7250  (15-11-2011),rae81  (04-12-2011),ScubaGal  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls, one night i was lying on the bed having my 2 needles - i was on an antagonist cycle- and it stung and throbbed so i lay on the bed for a few mins after! Dh went to pack up all the needles etc when i heard a scream! Dh ran in with the needle tip stuck in the palm of his hand! Ha ha.. He'd sat it needle tip up on the kitchen bench while doing something else and didn't see it and slammed his hand down on it! I couldn't stop laughing cos he wanted so much sympathy when i was lying there bruised after 10 days of needles! The running joke was saying he'd have nice follies just like me! Ha ha this is a great thread x x x

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarbear1 For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (03-11-2012),Kaktuz  (01-03-2012),KandP  (01-03-2012),ScubaGal  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sarbear - I have on many occasions said to DH, " If you think it is so easy, let me jab you". He says it doesn't phase him and what happens?? Karma bites him in the butt and he jabs his hand trying to put the needle in the waste container.

Has anyone noticed a common theme here?? It's usually DH who says or does something silly??