+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is maybe ironic funny, but it still makes me chuckle. Following my EPU a very nice nurse came to bring me something to eat and drink. After sympathising with me for being allergic to wheat and dairy, she gave me a cheese and tomato sandwich and off she went. I'm sure the expression on my face was priceless. Needless to say the food tray remained untouched.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the laughs ladies! Just had a lap though so can't read any more till I'm healed properly or I'll bust my stitches with laughter! Thanks for making me smile.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

Michelina  (20-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After many cycles we are finally pregnant, this pregnancy has not been easy and the baby was lying horizontal and very high up so under my ribs which had left me in constant pain. I had to laugh when Dh asked if I reckon the FS has put the emby in the "wrong" way that is why the baby was so far up

Also this baby is measuring 7 wks ahead in length (ds1 was 4wks ahead in length so not a big surprise and dh is 6ft 4) thinks it hysterical when close family and friend (the ones that know we went through IVF/ICSI) ask are you sure you have the dates right...mmmmm.... yep right down to the few hours

5. The Following User Says Thank You to second baby not so easy For This Useful Post:

TNTbub2  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just back from FET today. Only the second time we have had a transfer and DH has been finding the whole process quite daunting.
    When I asked him if he would come in again for the transfer he replied "Of course darling........Can I have oxygen this time?"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

rae81  (04-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had my ET last week and being the first time I was a bit worried about the do's and don'ts of the TWW.

I asked the Dr (A very serious question!!!) - If I sneeze, could the embryo pop out?!

His reply? Don't worry, I didn't put it up that far! Lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkymonkey For This Useful Post:

Flamecatcha  (30-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Community Call-Out

Hi Ladies.
    I am a brand new "poster" - been lurking around this site for long long time but never had the courage to contribute. That and I forgot my password and it was easier to just read and not write. However I am feeling now that the time has come to introduce myself!!

I love reading about all these stories, it really does make me giggle, but I just want to tell you about the SAGA of my last trigger injection and all the favours I had to call in to get it.

Me and DH live in country WA - VERY country WA. 50km's from nearest town that has only 400 occupants. So - 50km from every blood test, 250km from an ultrasound and 400km from our clinic. We have to make do and manage the best we can. I'm currently in 2WW - from FET, 1st IVF attempt failed. Because this was FET I didnt have to relocate to Perth for that week of scans, however i will learn to be totally prepared for everything in future!!

Was playing pennant tennis in our hometown - bare in mind that this is still over 50km away, against a neighbouring town. Just came off the court from my singles when there was msg from FS telling me I needed to have my trigger injection at 6pm that evening. Well alarm bells started ringing as I didnt have it with me and there was great possibility that i would still be on court at that time. I couldnt just leave and go and get it as it is over an hour round trip and that would create MANY questions and also put a lot of people out. It is also middle of harvest so DH and EVERYONE else was occupied on headers etc etc
    What to do?? In end had to direct Mother in Law by mobile to where my injection was, she packed it up into little esky, drove it 20km down the road where a farmer friend of ours was harvesting, he jumped off his header and grabbed esky, took it with him on header until he met up with his truck driver who was headed to the town wheatbin. Truckie (who I dont know from a bar of soap) then took esky into wheatbin and left it at sample hut with more randoms for me to come and pick up when I had a break. I managed to find the right sample hut in the rabbit warren wheatbin and all was well - injection was had on time. At the time I was a little (lot) stressed about it all, but it worked out ok and we could all have a laugh about it later. 4 different people passing it along the line!! My FS couldn't believe the effort involved - but thats how we gotta do it in the bush!!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shannipants For This Useful Post:

jayemkayare  (07-12-2011),KandP  (04-04-2012),LillyPonds  (05-12-2011),Pilbara  (13-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my DP had to give his semen sample, he thought it would be better to do it at home and drive it in to the clinic, safely kept warm between his legs! He had placed the jar in a plastic bag- one of the many we have stashed in our pantry from grocery shopping. Anyway, he gets to the clinic, takes the jar out of the bag and hands it to the nurse. To his great embarrassment, sitting on top of the jar are a few onion skins! In his rush, he must have grabbed a plastic bag that had had onions in it at one stage and it had stuck to the jar! He was mortified and told me that he could just imagine the nurse thinking 'what on earth has he been doing to get THOSE there'!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (18-01-2012),LillyPonds  (05-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are now on our 10th cycle my DH wouldn't allow me to say 'surely after paying for 9 i should get the 10th one free' at our last session. I also came up with some gems like if it's a BFN i don't want to hear someone telling me, just play a noise like a buzzer going off at the end of a game show when they don't win the prize. Would be much easier to cope with!

Thanks for the laughs everyone - glad to see that IVf doesn't make us lose our sense of humour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first week of the IVF cycle make me forgetful.. A few weeks ago I attended my monthly work meeting followed by Xmas lunch. Halfway through the meeting I realized I had forgotten to wear my bra!! It was hilarious but I couldn't tell anyone I had lost my mind to IVF hormones..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my last embryo transfer I was laying down funny and must have been pinching a nerve or something because my legs kept shaking. I was told to relax and I had to explain that I was fine I was just lying down wrong. After the transfer was done my fs helped me sit up, he gave me a pat on the shoulder an said "don't worry you wouldn't be the first woman to get pregnant with shaky knees" the whole room burst out laughing and I was a little embarrassed.

Funny part is I am now pregnant from that transfer lol.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

rae81  (11-12-2011)