ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my first ever stim cycle I had a hilarious moment that I still laugh about to this day - the things we have to go through when we're doing IVF!!

My first ever trigger injection before EPU happened to coincide with a night we were to be at a friends wedding. I was told specifically that I had to do the injection at 11:10pm and I knew we'd still be at the reception at that point so I had to pack my little esky up and put it in the car with all my bits and pieces so I could inject myself while we were there. I had already prepped DH so that at around 11-11:05pm we would make our way to the car and he would be there while I gave myself the injection. Well it just so happened the car was parked across a field and so we waded across this dewy field in the freezing cold, getting wet feet and dampening my dress in the pitch black, stumbling over rocks we couldn't see and barely made it to the car unscathed!! When we got there I got all the bits out that I needed and went to turn the interior light on in the car so I could see what I was doing. DH hastily told me I needed to keep it off, there were other people out there at their cars and they might see what I was doing. I told him pretty swiftly I couldn't give myself an injection in the pitch dark, he couldn't see why not (lol) but then suggested I use my mobile phone to light the area!! I couldn't believe it, he wanted me to give myself an injection and hold a mobile phone to provide appropriate light at the same time?! I had to laugh. So I asked HIM to hold the mobile phone, which he did, and I'll never forget the mental image of myself with my dress hoiked up around my waist in the front seat of our car in the freezing cold, pitch black, blue glow of a mobile phone lighting my way as I gave myself the injection (AND forgot to ice the area first because of all the kerfuffle about people maybe seeing what I was doing!). And to make things even funnier when we got back everyone assumed we'd dashed off for a "quickie" in the car together!!! Lol, if only they knew...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first post, but I have been lurking in these forums for awhile.

At my last egg collection, I was having an anaesthetic as my tubes needed to be drained at the same time. My blood pressure was a bit high because of all the hormones, and the anaethetist had put the fear of God into me, advising me about strokes etc. Then, as he was putting the canula in my arm, my FS was organising his ipod music, and the song that came on was 'Knocking on Heaven's Door'.

Once I pointed it out, everyone had a good laugh, and the song was changed.

I love reading everyone stories and experiences. It shows you that no matter how hard we all find IVF, there is still room for laughs and plenty of smiles, and a reason to never lose hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was on Puregon this cycle (10 shots), we would do the shot just before going to bed. On the day of the trigger shot, I had an injection of Orgalutran at 7pm. My trigger shot wasn't due until 8.50pm.

After the 7pm shot, Zeus, our black Lab, jumped into his crate - he thought it was bed time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had my first EPU back in February' I was given the anaesthetic (which I was under the impression would be light, but I have no memory of the following at all and has been relayed back to me by my DH and the assisting nurse)...
    My FS told me he was putting my legs up in the stirrups, and, clearly high on something, I commented, "My husband knows all about these, we have a set at home, don't we darling?" , everyone had a bit of a giggle, DH blushed.
    Ummm... no, we have no equipment of the sort at home, and DH has no idea about them... lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to saltygirl For This Useful Post:

Sareeb77  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My, you ARE a salty girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Salty, thats hilarious. I think its called a light anesthetic because you wake up within an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    God help me what I say next time... lol, I'm a bit paranoid now lmao

Sent from my MB300 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    My parents are pretty keen to know what's happening with everything along the way so I've got used to updating them about where we're at and what's happening. I was on the phone with them, they were in different parts of the house on seperate phones and I thought my dad asked 'how do they put it in', so I very matter of factly told them and at the end it was all quiet .... then my mum says "dad asked how MANY they will put in" .... at which point I realise I've just lost all sense of what is and should stay very personal information, and especially don't share with your dad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg i love this thread. After 5 years of ivf We have many funny moments. One that sticks into mind... We are having a transfer, Dr is placing in the embys and my partner takes this moment to inform me i have a grey hair and proceeds to remove it. Both the Dr and i look at each other and laugh. I thank my partner for picking such a great time to pull a grey out. To which i get informed how white the hair actually was!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After 13 cycles I finally have a funny story to contribute! So Having ET with legs in the air and the docs put our 5 day blasty in and just waiting on a call from embryology to give the all clear when out flew the medical instrument they use to open your cervix with!

DH and I cracked up laughing and Dr said that it must be an omen that all is perfect! Embryology rang and gave the all clear. DH and I still have had a good giggle over it.