+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF and the funny times. (positive thread)

Hi,

Feeling a bit down as we are still on the waiting list and Im so sick of waiting. I know there are heaps that are waiting for one reason or another.

So I thought I'd start a positive thread with some of the funny things that have happened on and during your IVF journey.

It can be related to IVF or not related. It doesn't matter.

I will start first my experience is to do with IVF. There was nothing funnier than seeing a male doctor with my DH balls in his hands. lol.

My DH would kill me if he knew I was telling this. Our FS was measuring his malehood against the marble thing in his office. His malehood is of normal size. Too bad his boys don't swim.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNTbub For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (30-08-2011),MrsDaisyP  (21-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Really? My FS didn't even want to know that my dh has a small testiocle from it being undescended...all he cared about was the sperm count!

When I fell pregnant with my DD from IVF, My FS was just about dancing around the room with pleasure. He had just taken on a whole lot of patients from another Dr (me included) and gotten alot of us preg on the first go!

He was so pleased with himself! it was funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

My Nephew was concived through IVF.

He was born 5 weeks early and I still remember my Dad asking if my sister was sure that she had her dates correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to try not to laugh whilst explaining that she knew the EXACT dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had to travel about an hour and a half to our clinic and our scan appointments were always at about 7am.

Once I woke to my DH asking why I was still at home, it was 7:30, I had set an alarm on my phone but forgot to turn it off silent, the alarm went off but made no noise.

I had to phone and beg for another appointment so my FET wasnt cancelled.

Not funny at the time, but now

Kema

Great idea for a thread BTW.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kema For This Useful Post:

mam83  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    My FS was just about dancing around the room with pleasure. He had just taken on a whole lot of patients from another Dr (me included) and gotten alot of us preg on the first go!

He was so pleased with himself! it was funny.
    just reading this has given me a good laugh. I could imagine how chuffed some of them must feel at a time like this! I so can't wait to see how mine reacts the day I get my bfp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH could not make it to my first Transfer after my very first ICSI cyle so he made a special effort to come with me to my first FET.
    The whole time we were in the room he was really really quiet and looked really uncomfortable. When we were leaving I asked him if he was all right and he said to me "I didn't quiet ralise how they did the transfer and that so many people were involved during the process" Poor thing I think he was a bit taken a back that so many people had seen my "downstairs"

After 5 transfers I think he is well over it now

9. The Following User Says Thank You to malagirl For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaaa, you've all given me a laugh. lol. funny

i was feeling down yesterday but you have all made me laugh.

BB
    wishing4kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our very first "Meet & Greet" appointment with an FS we explained that we were there for a Male Infertility issue but the Dr wanted to do an internal scan on me.

I was 'prepared' if you know what I mean, so it didn't worry me.

The FS lead us over to the table and equipment and left the room so I could get ready. DH spotted the shaft with the condom on it and says ... "Where does that go?"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky2b Mum For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On our second transfer I was lying there legs in the air chatting to the nurse about the ultrasound and looking at the screen.
    DH was sitting very quietly looking up.
    The lights were dimmed & doctor was ready, he looked at DH and asked if he was ok as he hadnt said a word. (unusual for him!)
    DH was sprung, he was looking at the refection in the light above us trying to see up my hoo haa!! The doctor cracked up laughing he thought DH had been praying!!!
    The next time we went into that room the bed had been moved to the other side of the room and the doctor was still chuckling about it.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fizz For This Useful Post:

Flamecatcha  (30-12-2011),happykat  (10-02-2012),hopefully2  (30-08-2011),jessesgirl  (29-09-2011),Jo81  (11-05-2011),KandP  (01-03-2012),nelle7250  (15-11-2011),rae81  (04-12-2011),ScubaGal  (18-06-2014),so real  (13-11-2013)

Baldie's Mum is offline <--- Tommy Campbell, T.C, Baldie.....whatever you call him, he is ours!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One early morning scan i had i was in the room about to get an internal ultrasound. I was waiting quietly as the nurse was putting the lube on the condom. All of a sudden without saying something she inserted it. It was so cold and i wasn't prepared so i flinched and lost my breath for a second. The nurse was Appologising heaps and i just turned to her said, well i wasn't here for an early morning cuppa tea! She then turned to me and asked if i wanted one. She was so sweet i just had to laugh! LOL still my favorite Ivf experience!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Baldie's Mum For This Useful Post:

nelle7250  (15-11-2011)