+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eve - yes most IVF clinics do have donor programs where they recruit people to donate but a lot of them are running very low, hence the long waiting lists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eve - From all the information given to me during the IVF process, it seems that Aussie men just don't get out there and donate. Not sure why. Luckily for me and my DP, our clinic is happy to import donor sperm upon request.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info - im going to contact my clinic for more info. Just spoke to my DH about it and he's up for donating, im sure more men would if they thought about it.... clinics should advertise more, i've seen a lot for egg donation but nothing for sperm. I know how difficult the whole IVF process is without this extra hurdle... good luck to all who are waiting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for replying. Yes there is a severe shortage of sperm donation.

We have found a private sperm donor so thanks to him we will be starting roughly october. Without this pure ANGEL we would be still on a waiting list.

all things go well and we are pregnant in 2009.

If we don't get pregnant in 6-8 months from this person then we will look at going to hurstville ivf clinic.

At the moment we live in the country. We have a 3-4 hour journey to get to westmead. So it would be a hike to get to hurstville but if it meant achieveing our dream then I'd do it.

Thanks for all replys.

BB
    wishing4kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    tiffany can i just say- that is so awesome that your husband donates! My husband and I started our ttc journey with a donor... after a few cycles we decided to have a crack at IVF but if ISCI doesn't work, I would turn to a private sperm donor again, and I just think it is such a blessing to donate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello,

We are only interested in someone who would be willing to go through a clinic. At least then if would only mean two visits one to collect sperm and keep in quarantine for 6 months for testing and then another deposit to get our family started.

Without angels most of us would be childless.

Wishing4kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

I just had to comment, firstly good luck to you all on your journey with donor sperm. May your journey be a very short one.

We spoke to our FS about donating DH sperm as we have some frozen and won't be needing it again, he said that our clinic has so much donor sperm and not to worry about it, so our's will be destroyed.......it amazes me that some clinics can't get any and yet we have been told to destroy ours.......

We go to Ivf Australia at Westmead, if that helps anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    amum21 - I thought someone said IVF Australia had a waiting list? Or maybe I have it confused with another clinic. It seems a shame to destroy it, considering there are so many clinics with such a huge shortage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amum21 View Post
    Hi girls

I just had to comment, firstly good luck to you all on your journey with donor sperm. May your journey be a very short one.

We spoke to our FS about donating DH sperm as we have some frozen and won't be needing it again, he said that our clinic has so much donor sperm and not to worry about it, so our's will be destroyed.......it amazes me that some clinics can't get any and yet we have been told to destroy ours.......

We go to Ivf Australia at Westmead, if that helps anyone.
    Oh heck heck heck.

I go to westmead IVF Australia in Caroline street. They told me they have a severe shortage of sperm donors.

What are they talking about?? Don't need any more sperm donors.

Why have we then been waiting on the waiting list from march 2009 and have been told we probably won't be called up until march 2010 or as late as september 2010.

Who do you see at IVF Australia. We see Dr Tillee at Westmead.

PM me please I think you guys could help us to start a family.

Oh don't let them tell you they have enough sperm donors. They don't otherwise we wouldnt still be on the waiting list.

We were first investigated and seen Dr Tillee in November 2008 we are still waiting to start IVF because of the shortage.

Wishing4kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the same issue as you wishing4kids .. we started out IVF journey with IVF Australia and had to wait for 18 months on the donor sperm waiting list ... they certainly do have a shortage of donors so not sure why they are turning people away ! Good luck, hope you get a donor soon ...