+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone had success from frozen eggs/oocytes?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has had a successful BFP from using frozen eggs (not embryos).

My DH and I have one DD from an ICSI embryo a few years ago which we had 4 embryos frozen and 8 eggs frozen at the time. We tried the embryos, which unfortunately did not work

We are now considering using the frozen eggs, instead of going through a whole new cycle, however our doctor doesn't seem too excited about BFP from frozen eggs.

We would rather not have to go through a whole new cycle if we can avoid it, and it feels like such a waste to not use our eggs - especially considering the storage fees we have been paying, lol.

Anyway, if you have had success from a frozen egg being used for ICSI or IVF, we would love to hear about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SDD - I'm not too sure about frozen eggs, but;

For cycle #1 (April) we did icsi and froze DH's leftover sperm - he had TESA. Result = BFN

For cycle #2 (June) got fresh eggs and used thawed spern to do icsi Result = BFN + only 2 out of 14 eggs fertilised.

Then we decided to do FET with the leftover embryo and it resulted in BFP. We really didn't hold out much hope for it as it was frozen sperm and frozen embryo, but at 18dpo, it seems to be going nicely.

So I don't really know the difference between frozen sperm and frozen eggs, but I wouldn't give up hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugardeepdazzle,

I don't yet have that BFP from our IVF journey but I did want to let you know that I have heard of successes with frozen eggs (through my fs). We got 18 eggs first stim cycle and chose to freeze 16 of them. We thawed 8 at a time and did ICSI. First fet we got 3 average embryos, transferred 2 and froze one. 2nd fet we thawed last 8 eggs and remaining embryo. Got 2 good embryos (the frozen one arrested so the "good" embies came from the frozen eggs. Unfortunately both cycles resulted in BFNs. However in sayin that I don't feel that the BFNs were due to the eggs being frozen as we did get "average" and "good" embies and many women have managed to get BFPs with "average" embryos. We were advised that we may lose up to 30% when thawing and we may have some that don't progress. That is why we thawed 8 at a time to try and give us the best chance of some embryos to transfer. Only you and DH can make the decision but my opinion (for what it's worth) would be to consider giving it a go and if you don't get any embryos then nothing lost and if you get a good few then you can always freeze them again for later. All the best for your next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks guys for your encouragement - it definately makes me feel like it's worth giving it a whirl.

It's so hard to make the right decision isn't it! I'm trying to be mindful of the $$ side of it as well as we're on one wage at the moment. We have been paying storage for our eggs, so I feel like that would be a total waste if we don't try them.

Thank you so much girls, and I really wish you both all the best