+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Hand & Feet castings

Hi,
    I really would like to get a casting of my baby's hands and feet but have found that it costs so much to get done professionally.
    Just wondered if anyone out there has done it themselves and where you can purchase the stuff to do it yourself. How much are they?
    Is it easy to do and what do you use to get it that nice gold colour (is it gold spray paint?) How long will they last?
    Sorry for all the q's.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ebay!

You can get the casting kits on ebay, however i do not know what they are like cause i have never bought one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Castings

Hi Moomoz,

I see your location is the Gold Coast. I have seen some kits in the art & craft shop at Robina Town Centre, I can't remember how much they were, but I don't think it was too bad, especially compared with the cost of having them done professionally.

I have also been thinking of doing my own.

Good Luck!

Michelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I saw some kits in Myer today (in melbourne), they were around $25.00 each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. I live about 10 minutes away from Robina Town centre so I might try there first.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    pity ur not closer to me...i actually have just started a small business making them 4 people. I can also put together a DIY kit...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Feet Casting

You don't have to pay that much to get some overpriced place to do it for you. You can order the stuff from a number of places and do it yourself at home way cheaper. I found a couple places you can order the kits...at redballoondays.com.au
    Last edited by Veve; 26-08-2008 at 22:12. Reason: removal of direct link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i did mine the kids myself...its good to have another hand on deck to help cause the moulding stuff sets pretty quick...bit hard solo with a squirming baby.
    the moulding stuff is what they use at the dentists to take an impression....and make sure you use a good quality plaster...not plaster of paris because that is too weak at bubbles easy.

mine are still sitting in a box waiting to be box framed...i want to give them a natural earthy look rather than silver or gold.