+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stroller for travelling

Hi
    As the title suggests i am looking for a stroller that lays back so DD can sleep and is compact for plane travel.
    Any ideas?
    Also hows the best way to keep it "safe" from damage on the plane? I was going to check it in cos there's only myself and DD going.
    Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was recently looking for the same thing and went with the QuickSmart Easy Folder Stroller. It comes with a bag to put it in and I think its small enough to carry on the plane

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got the same thing- the Quick smart, and I adore it! it only semi lays back (not flat) but is enough for my 1 year old to sleep in. I have travelled a few times with it on planes. Each time they took it once i got to the gate. I just popped it in the bag and they put it in the luggage area. But i think you can ask them to store it on the plane too so you can use it at the gate once you arrive.
    I use my Quick smart now as my every day stroller. So light, so easy to fold, so compact!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I jsut got a quick smart too. On sale at bubs&grubs for $159 - they have a red with cherries and blue grafitti ones not sure if they have many left though and they are in brisbane but will ship and they only charge what it costs them to post/ship no extra which is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a steelcraft pheonix layback stroller to go travelling. It was the best $129 we spent. We initially bought it to travel to sydney and melbourne when DS was 9 mths and then took it to Singapore when he was 18mths. It is light (7kgs) and compact enough to take on the plane. I love mine so much I sold my $800 pram and I only use the stroller now. As for keeping it safe, I bought a stroller travel bag from Toys r us for about $15. We just pack it up and check it in as there are usually strollers to borrow at the airport until you board the plane. Depending how old Bub is I also packed my sling in my nappy bag so when I checked the stroller in I put DS in the sling so I had both hands free to do other things.
    Last edited by HuntersMum; 18-07-2009 at 17:10. Reason: Wanted to add more

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a quicksmart too. Great for traveling. It does fold down a little, but not as much as a normal pram... DD did sleep in it though and she was not quite 6 months when we used it the first time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a phoenix layback stroller too.

But on our last holiday we hired a pram instead of taking one with us. Fantastic choice. It got delivered & picked up from our resort and we got a phil & ted's, so it was great for long walks and fully reclined if my ds wanted to sleep.