+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default whats the best double pram ???

hi im ttc#3 my son is 7 months at the moment and hoping to conceive at least by the time he's 10months and im looking into double prams i like the idea of the phil and teds and have heard some good things about them but just want to know what everyone else thinks about phil and teds and other good double prams hope someone can help me thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have any advice but I'm in the same boat. Was going to start this thread myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    if we have #2 in time to get a double, we'll be going the peg perego duette
    Ive read a few good reveiws on them but obviously haven't used one myself but i have the peg uno which is like a one seater on the duette and it is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Phil and Teds E3 which is the last model. I love it and have the double kit installed on it now.

The only bad thing I have heard about it is that the basket at the bottom is not big enough and when baby is lying down the lasket is not easily accesible.

I would agree to this to an extent (don't really think the size of the basket is an issue though) but I never use the basket. I have the nappy bag which sits over the handle of the pram with all my needed things in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I absolutely love my Phil and Teds Sport. I haven't used it as a double yet, but bought it specifically for that reason. The main thing I love is that it is narrow, so you can still zip down aisles with two. It's true about the basket, but I got some free bags with mine that clip on the sides, I love them. I also hang a bag over the handles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my peg Perego Twin Aria 60/40!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the P & T Sport and am using it for my 2 under 2.

While I do love the pram in two toddler mode my bub now hates lying flat in the newborn/toddler mode but is very happy now he is in his own seat with a head support.

I had to get the pannier bags that attach to the side as the basket is pretty well unusable in newborn mode and bubs feet will be on top of it in this mode.

Its a dream to steer and is a fantastic walking pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the P & T Sport and am using it for my 2 under 2.

While I do love the pram in two toddler mode my bub now hates lying flat in the newborn/toddler mode but is very happy now he is in his own seat with a head support.

I had to get the pannier bags that attach to the side as the basket is pretty well unusable in newborn mode and bubs feet will be on top of it in this mode.

Its a dream to steer and is a fantastic walking pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I want the adventure buggy http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/rec_toddler_seat.html

Its made by the same people who make P&T and I just think its a fantastic idea. I dont particularly like the p&t prams with the baby seat underneath - I think for a baby like Jasper... goodluck to anyone trying to wrestle him into the back seat, I have enough trouble getting him to just sit still long enough to put the seat belt on him in a normal pram!

I'm desperately trying to find an adventure buggy on ebay, in sydney, for a reasonable price (as they're about $1,200 new ) I see them in melbourne ALL THE TIME on ebay for around $150-$350 depending on the age and accessories its coming with... but... never in sydney! But I guess thats how it always is.

For now I have a "mothers own" tandem pram, I paid $160 for it new on sale at Toys'r'us, but I guess what I've learn from buying 3 prams in 7 months is you're better off buying the more expensive higher quality pram and getting 5 -10 full years out of it, than 'saving' money and losing money in the long run... like me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chel87 View Post
    what I've learn from buying 3 prams in 7 months is you're better off buying the more expensive higher quality pram and getting 5 -10 full years out of it, than 'saving' money and losing money in the long run... like me

But I think you need a range of prams depending on your current situation....if this makes sense. I have had a single 3 wheeler suitable for newborn, a double pram, a cheap umbrella stroller, a more expensive stroller with a toddler skateboard. I don't think one single pram would have been suitable for all these needs....and I would be annoyed to spend heaps and have it sitting around!