+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Two negative tests but feel pregnant - anyone else had this experience?

Advice needed - could I be pregnant?
    Hi

This is my first time posting on here and I'd be grateful of your help and advice. I am 35 years old, married with two children.

I am currently approx 13 days past my missed period and am experiencing mild cramps, bloating, lower back ache, moodiness, tiredness and increased appetite and this morning feel a but light headed and nauseous. My OH and I think we may have had unprotected intercourse (but withdrew before ejaculation) during my last fertile time and despite not being 100% sure, I can't help but feel pregnant. I have done two Pregnosis hpts and both have been negative. With my other pregnancies I got positive results both times.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with not knowing what's going on and know that I ought to see my doc and get a blood test but just wanted to hear your views/experience please.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am in exactly the same boat as you - 12 days past my AF when I am normally like clock work. I am going to the doc tomorrow to see what is going on, we have been TTC but its the first month and didn't expect to fall pregnant straight away.

I have done 3 tests, two were pregnosis ~ all negitive. Have all the same symptoms as you, my body as been really odd for the last 3 -4 weeks so if I am not pregnant I want to at least know what is going on.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happened to me, my bfp did not come til 5 weeks preg with ds2 but i knew. the blood test by dr at 4 weeks was neg. needless to say, he is here you know your body best so wait a little longer and test again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummaholic View Post
    Happened to me, my bfp did not come til 5 weeks preg with ds2 but i knew. the blood test by dr at 4 weeks was neg. needless to say, he is here you know your body best so wait a little longer and test again.
    That is great news for me Really hope that I am pregnant! I am not so good with working weeks and dates out so would you mind telling me how long after your missed AF you found out you were pregnant? I am going for a blood test tomorrow and I will be 13 days past...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew before I missed AF. I could just *feel it*. I would say from day 2 or 3, although it sounds nuts. I felt exactly the same as my first pregnancy, EXACTLY.

I kept telling the dr I was pregnant and he thought I was CRAZY. Especially after neg blood test lol.

Sore boobs, fatigued, emotional, queasy...etc.

Good luck ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies Ladies...it's reassuring to know that I'm not alone with this one. I wish I could share in the excitement of the possibility that I am pregnant but TBH I am rather nervous about it all as I had planned on two kids only. I am nervous and rather anxious because we have only been in Australia for 18 months, originally from the UK, and are here on a temp visa (luckily we get medicare etc) and have to prove ourselves before we get that all important permanent visa when we apply after next January. Plus my OH's work is very fragmented and tenuous right now so all in all this doens't feel like the best time to be expecting another bundle.

On the positive side, it would be great to have an excuse to get my mother to visit for a good few months next year.

Please forgive my negativity, just in shock that I might be expecting another little person at such a tricky time. I'm sure once I know for sure I will simply get on with things and start looking forward to the happy event.

Thanks
    Reviews
    minkyme29 ~ I can understand your concerns about it not being the right time. My hubby and I are the same but we have been putting this off for 2 years now and finally just decided to bite the bullet. There is never going to be a perfect time and we will just make it work

Sounds like you also need to go to the doc and get a check up and blood test. I have mine tomorrow and I am hoping I will be told something... anything... just need an explanation as to why my body has been so odd lately.

Keep well and I hope that things turn out the best way for you and your family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyTot View Post
    minkyme29 ~ I can understand your concerns about it not being the right time. My hubby and I are the same but we have been putting this off for 2 years now and finally just decided to bite the bullet. There is never going to be a perfect time and we will just make it work

Sounds like you also need to go to the doc and get a check up and blood test. I have mine tomorrow and I am hoping I will be told something... anything... just need an explanation as to why my body has been so odd lately.

Keep well and I hope that things turn out the best way for you and your family
    Let us know how it goes jellytot... my bodies been horrid lately.. im going to see the doc tomorrow hopefully she will do a blood test.. goodluck hun

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing happened to me! I felt pregnant well and truly but tests on CD 31 and CD 35 gave me a definite BFN...

For some reason I tested again on CD 45 (I have irregular cycles!) and there it was - a strong

Good luck

Jax510 is offline is so so so nervous,happy,anxious and excited... AND is a first time MUMMY.. I hope I get it right!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies..

I am on my 3rd month TTC#1, I was mucking around on Sunday and did a HPT and got a faint positive, I freaked out as I wasnt expecting to see it but it was definetly there after 3 minutes!

An hour later I did another test and nothing, went to docs and neg test (she was horrible, terribly busy and didnt have time to answer my questions )

Anyhoo, on Sunday I had sharp stabbing pains, mum thinks may be implantation pains...

These Negative results are driving me NUTS though!

Im not even overdue and wouldnt think I was Preggers if I hadnt been mucking around...

Sppooookyyyy!!!

Good luck All xxxxx