ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default need help trying to fit 3 kids into a subaru outback

Hi There, i'm new to this site and am a father of 2 (2.5yrs and a 18month old), both are currently in baby seats, but am expecting a 3rd in 6 months. We have 2006 outback and love the car, but am trying to find out if you can fit 3 in the back. I'm thinking two baby seats and a toddler seat but not sure if you can. Would be interested to know if anyone has this seat up or any advice. Cheers dadad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry can't really help you there, but just wanted to say welcome to the board.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope Sorry but it's never going to happen!

We have the same model and when we had 2 baby seats in (one on either side) there wasn't even room for our skinny 8 yr old in between. No way in heaven you'll fit 3 car seats, even the slimmest ones.

Looks like you'll need to go car shopping

(Congratulations and welcome too! )

Queen is offline 2008 AWARD WINNER � Most bizarre thread award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Hello and welcome to the bizarre, yet ever friendly world of bubhub!!
    Have a look around, make yourself at home!!!
    We are a great bunch, full of answers, information and support
    Hope you like it here as much as I do
    See you round the threads soon!!!
    Rowie xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My friend has this car, and has triplets. She put 3x Compaqs car seats in there.

I would suggest you go to a baby store, and have them try and fit a skinny booster seat (that still has the 5point harness for your older child) and two compaqs to see if it fits.

I'm sure the baby store would be sympathetic to your needs and will happily take the carseats to your car to try it out.

I don't think you need to go car shopping just yet!

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi and welcome to the hub
    I don't like your chances of fitting 2 car seats plus a baby seat into the back but Andrewsmums suggestion could work. Although you might be able to fit the 3 in as you could put the baby backwards in the middle which might make a little more room(??????)

Just a side thought check your eldests weight he/she might still be so light to go up to a toddler seat.

I have 3 and 4 yr olds in booster seats and a 5 wk old on a baby seat. We had to buy a 7 seater to fit all 3 seats in.
    You should be able to trade a subaru in for quite a nice 7 seater.

Best of luck with #3.

ps I love all the Dads out there getting involved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Welcome to BubHub!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have a liberty so pretty much the same.

i had/have the same problem.
    when thinking of our next bub i realised the seats i currently have in my car (maxi and royal, both SnS) were not gong to allow for another seat. after some playing around with other seats i have and a friends seats i have found i can get.
    hi-liner, unity, and trek 8
    hi-liner, compaq, trek 8
    hi-liner, safeguard or royal, trek 8
    trek 8, compaq, compaq

so pretty much have to stick to slim seats....but they do go in.
    i was SO SO SO relived to find i could do it, i really didn't want to get rid of my car i love it too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Welcome,

Id say your chances are pretty slim. I have a VZ commodore wagon & can JUST get 3 slim riders across the back seat in the reversed position.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks

WOW, 1 day and all these replies! thanks heaps, so far we have looked at new seats but apparently there is legislation comming in about booster seats having their own harness for under 4year olds. Hope i can find some seats that fit as you loose so much $ when trading cars. Thanks all again...