+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a friend who had a peg perego that five years old when she was using it for her 2nd when i went pram shopping, it did all that i wanted and had held up for that long, so i had this in mind.
    I knew i wanted 4 wheels, reversible handle and all in one seat that did baby and toddler (not 2 parts) so when we went to baby bunting we really only had 3 options, loved the Peg Perego Uno so we went with that and LOVE it. 1. Peg Perego Uno
    Got a Valco 3 wheeler from ebay for big walks - crapola, used it twice then resold it - heavy, awkward to push, no good at all
    2. Valco 3 wheeler
    Needed a stroller for quick trips to the shops etc and we are going away soon so went with the quicksmart as we can take it on the plane and love it, doesn't have any real storgae but for how small it is its worth it and ive since got some add on stroage
    3. Quicksmart breifcase stroller
    Was given a Aldi brand (sells for $99)3 wheeler in as new condition but the hood was ripped, wrote to the maker and was sent a new hood under warranty and it is great! I just keep it in the hallway for walks so i cna leave my peg in the boot and we love it, in comparison with the Valco it is great, and there is also generic toddler seats to fit this one
    4. Aldi brand Higgledee 3 wheeler
    A few in my MG have the phil and teds and think its okay, but would not buy it again, but i know alot of ppe with 2 kids love them

Once we have number 2 we'll get either the Peg Perego Aria or Duette, duette is the number one choice but only if i can find a good one second hand as for the amount of time dd will be in it it wont be worth getting one new

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have the P&T E3 with the doubles kit it is fantastic for all day outings (like the shops or the zoo etc) but I am finding it is a bit bulky for the quick trips esp since DD likes to walk most of the time so I am considering getting a quicksmart stroller and the strolli rider thing (once I find out if it fits on the quicksmart)
    I love the P&T for what it is but I agree the recline thing is a royal PITA and as I have the older modle the toddler seat doesn't recline which is a pain too as I can't put DS in it yet as he is too young (I have a couple of times but he slumps a bit) so he has to go in the top and I pop DD in the bottom which isn't ideal either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seacretsquirrel View Post
    We have the P&T E3 with the doubles kit it is fantastic for all day outings (like the shops or the zoo etc) but I am finding it is a bit bulky for the quick trips esp since DD likes to walk most of the time so I am considering getting a quicksmart stroller and the strolli rider thing (once I find out if it fits on the quicksmart)
    I love the P&T for what it is but I agree the recline thing is a royal PITA and as I have the older modle the toddler seat doesn't recline which is a pain too as I can't put DS in it yet as he is too young (I have a couple of times but he slumps a bit) so he has to go in the top and I pop DD in the bottom which isn't ideal either!
    If you need any measurements or anything to see if it will fit on the quicksmart let me know and ill measure mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Garfield13 I am just unsure if the style of the quicksmart will allow the strolli to attach. How do you find it for your kids?

Kayangel is offline Bubba boy number two is coming!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive only brought one pram, LOVE IT!!! and its all i need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MochaMumma View Post
    I have had a Perego Pliko then a Valco Jogger with a todller seat next was an ABC Adventure Buggy Twin with a toddler seat and now I just have a Child Care twin umbrella stroller
    Oooh, how was it? The adventure buggy I mean.

I only want a single one with a toddler seat on top. I just love the idea of the toddler seat on top, and by how much Jasper HATES being in his pram for long period of time and is much happier on my hip so we can have a chat, I'm sure this would be a good option for us - for either bubba No2 or for when (omg IF) I find work nannying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 7 prams lol had to think for a sec then have them all still lol have to get around to having a gge sale one of these days.
    1. Childcare challenger deluxe has 4 huge wheels and a huge basket underneath it was dd1s first pram.
    2. Bruin stroller/pram this was for shopping as it was lighter for me to lift in and out of the car it came with a boot and flyscreen.
    3. El cheapo bruin umbrella stroller I keep this in the car as its so handy.
    4. Love n care landcruiser 3 wheeler big wheels and basket I got this off my bro.
    5. Birtini Aura 3 wheeler with toddler seat ,came with lots of accessories and good pram when bubs was a baby but as she got older she wanted to see out more.
    6. Pacific tag a long stroller ,this is a great pram come trailer it goes behind my bike with 2 kids and when I get to the shops I unhook it from the bike and its a twin pram ,I take this on holidays too as it holds heaps of stuff and folds flat.
    7. Adventure buggy twin pram with toddler seat ,this is my latest purchase and I love it ,got it s/h only 3 yrs old for $200 total bargain!!
    I have seen a short person use an adventure buggy just fine and that was with 4 babys the handles r adjustable height and it steers way better than the 3 wheelers especially when you have all the kids on board. Another thing to look for when buying these prams s/h is the age as I think 4 yrs or older don't have the zip on rain and boot covers and the backpack parcel tray like on the new models. You can tell in the pictures as the old model the rain cover goes over the whole pram and the new ones zip onto the hood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    I have 7 prams lol had to think for a sec then have them all still lol have to get around to having a gge sale one of these days.
    1. Childcare challenger deluxe has 4 huge wheels and a huge basket underneath it was dd1s first pram.
    2. Bruin stroller/pram this was for shopping as it was lighter for me to lift in and out of the car it came with a boot and flyscreen.
    3. El cheapo bruin umbrella stroller I keep this in the car as its so handy.
    4. Love n care landcruiser 3 wheeler big wheels and basket I got this off my bro.
    5. Birtini Aura 3 wheeler with toddler seat ,came with lots of accessories and good pram when bubs was a baby but as she got older she wanted to see out more.
    6. Pacific tag a long stroller ,this is a great pram come trailer it goes behind my bike with 2 kids and when I get to the shops I unhook it from the bike and its a twin pram ,I take this on holidays too as it holds heaps of stuff and folds flat.
    7. Adventure buggy twin pram with toddler seat ,this is my latest purchase and I love it ,got it s/h only 3 yrs old for $200 total bargain!!
    I have seen a short person use an adventure buggy just fine and that was with 4 babys the handles r adjustable height and it steers way better than the 3 wheelers especially when you have all the kids on board. Another thing to look for when buying these prams s/h is the age as I think 4 yrs or older don't have the zip on rain and boot covers and the backpack parcel tray like on the new models. You can tell in the pictures as the old model the rain cover goes over the whole pram and the new ones zip onto the hood.
    OMG, SOOOOO jealous!

$200!!!

What I love about Adventure Buggys is the oldest I've seen one is about a 7 year old pram, and it had a couple of little rust spots on it, but otherwise, give it a wipe over it would have looked like new.

That said, I guess if our forking out over $1000 for one new, you dont leave it in the weather to get damaged, you dont throw it in the back of the car, you treat it a bit lovingly, because they're certainly not disposable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nah the abs can handle it they r tough the only thing that they usually have with age is a bit of sun fading ,I keep my prams in the gge most of the time. As for the price yeh it took me about a mth to find the right one so lucky we have the quokka classified paper here theres abs in there all the time. Oh and another thing i love about it is it fits in the back of my 4wd in the upright position and i don't have to lift it in I just tilt it back and push it into the car which is great as I am not gonna lift that when preg.
    Last edited by lulu 2; 11-07-2009 at 13:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chel87 View Post
    OMG, SOOOOO jealous!

$200!!!

What I love about Adventure Buggys is the oldest I've seen one is about a 7 year old pram, and it had a couple of little rust spots on it, but otherwise, give it a wipe over it would have looked like new.

That said, I guess if our forking out over $1000 for one new, you dont leave it in the weather to get damaged, you dont throw it in the back of the car, you treat it a bit lovingly, because they're certainly not disposable!
    I looked at the ABC, problem i found is that its taller than me