+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have 3 prams.

1. Valco Trimode twin runabout. Bough it new with the intention of adding the reclining toddler seat when it was realised. So such luck, toddler seat is useless.

2. Single mother choice that someone gave us when the toddler seat idea didnt work out.

3. A triple mountain buggy urban. bought it second hand today, new they are $1800, custom made with a 3 month wait. No good when i need it now!

Have the triple for when all 3 kids are together, twin for when its 2 & single when just one. Will be good when DD1 has her sleep study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Two.

The first was clunky so we got a lighter weight one. I didn't use the first one for six months after buying the second one but I have recently taken to it again. I have my eye on another one now too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I would buy the pram you are most comfortable with (obviously after having a try) it will have a big effect on how you get out and about for a fair period of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's one of those things where you really want to get one that suits your needs, and it can be hard to tell that with just a test run.

We have three, but one of them was given to us when I was about five weeks pregnant. My BFF's neighbour had put it out on the verge - and it was virtually brand new. Absolutely awesome pram (a Bertini Tango) but way too big for our car. We just use it for walking, which we do a lot, because of our dogs.

I bought a four-wheeler Steelcraft before DD was born, which I loved because you could have it forward or rear-facing, but now my Mum has that at her place mostly. She loves it - I prefer three-wheeler prams now.

I bought a little Jeep three-wheeler from a second-hand pram shop and that's really sweet. There are a couple of things I don't like about it but mostly it's good just for out-and-about.

We will be selling that one, though, and buying a double pram soon. We want the Mountain Buggy City Twin because it's the only one that folds up small enough to fit in our car! There's a couple of things about it that I don't like, but size has to be the number one consideration, and I hate tandem prams. Always feel so sorry for the one at the back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a peg perego uno which I love (although i've had a couple of issues with it recently, which have been fixed)... I have ended up buying a bebe love (?) stroller as well. The peg can be heavy after taking it in and out of a the car a few times in a day, so I got the stroller for quick trips into places, or I take it if I need to go to the shops if its busy as its more compact.

The peg is great if we are out for a whole day as it fits SO much in the basket as well as on the handles, and its so comfy for bubs he will happily sleep in it. There have been times where I've been tempted to invest in other prams, like I really wanted a bugaboo after I'd seen them around quite a bit. When I was first buying my pram I didnt like the look of them, but I've changed my mind and really like them now.

I was also tempted to sell my peg and upgrade to the skate, I really should have bought that to begin with but at the time of buying I thought it was WAY to expensive along with the bugaboos and couldnt understand how you could spend so much on a pram, I now understand why.

Anyhoo, I'm tipping when I have another bub I'll be buying another pram coz the peg doesnt have any toddler attachments unfortunately. I would happily have many different prams, they all seem to have different htings to suit different needs and I love pram shoppping!

benzjewlz is offline 25 balloons,3 kids + a 12ft tampoline= fun
    Thanks
    Reviews
    for me it's 8 prams and counting this is within 5 years...

my dp absolutley hates it when i stare at everyone elses prams and say "wow that's a bugaboo or strider" etc...he thinks i have a fettish for prams and i think he may be right...i think some people must think im weird but i love prams..

1-steelcraft ebony($399.00)i bought it brand new when my first was born..it was a great pram but i wanted a jogger,so sold it.
    2-steelcraft jogger($70.00)i'm not sure on the brand but i didn't like it,i gave it to my sister when she had her bub.
    3-childcare brand sesame street stroller($99.00) this was a good stroller bought new for me by my MIL to go on buses and in the boot of the car,but ende up going mouldy in the boot after a heavy rain and a leaky boot commodores,i gave it to the op shop who fixed it up and it looked great i was actually thinking of buying it back..lol.
    4-another older model stroller steelcraft($30.00) this was another good stroller i got it from the paper but dp broke the hood and i couldn't fix it and that was my excuse to upgrade again,i gave it to the dump.
    5-bugatti pink and black jogger from ebay($35.00) i absolutley loved this pram it fit through all the shop checkouts and was smaller than alot of the bulky joggers,i sold it because i needed a toddler seat.
    6-steelcaft swivelrite deluxe with a toddler seat from the paper($45.00)i bought this one because i needed a jogger with a toddler seat i still have this pram and love it.
    7-steelcraft stroller from ebay($17.50)i bought this because it was a bargain....lol.and still have it sitting in my dd2's room.
    8-steerable berrtini bidwell,i bought from ebay because it was a bargain($10.50)and i didn't like it so i sold it.

when we decide to have another bub i really want a strider 3!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep we change our prams like we change our nickers!

1st pram had no idea what i wanted so mum said the "Peg Perego" was the one to get.....i hated it too smaller wheels it drove me crazy.

2nd pram was an Emmaljunga looked pretty flash but it was too over the top for me so that one was sold.

3rd was a double Valco since we had 2 kiddies close in age i thought it would come in handy.......and it did we are using it at the moment.

4th was a Single Valco runabout and i love it....we are using it now with our DD....it's a great pram......i hope this is it and we don't need anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 1 - a Steelcraft Strider. It's not perfect, but we fill the gaps with carriers.

I'd like a city mini (or whatever they're called - the one that you fold up with one hand) but they're not rear-facing.

Now, the number of carriers we went through...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Before DS was born we got a 2nd hand 3 wheeler pram from a colleague of mine and it was a crappy cheap one.

When DS was 7 months old we bought a Mountain Buggy Urban Elite and I love it to bits .

Like you I do my grocery shopping with it, and I often go 'off road' and can pretty much go anywhere with it, it's great. Plus because it is so easy to steer with one hand it doesn't matter if it rains and I have to hold an umbrella (or if I need to talk on the phone!).

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had a Perego Pliko then a Valco Jogger with a todller seat next was an ABC Adventure Buggy Twin with a toddler seat and now I just have a Child Care twin umbrella stroller