+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JackzMumma is offline My family is finally complete!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 3.

I got a Beema Q which I love, then I got a Phil & Teds, which was a necessary evil with my 2 boys, and now I just bought the Babylove Focus for the travel system. Easier to get bubs in & out when I have to also get 2 older kids in & out of the car.

I felt really silly buying another one, but DH agreed it was for practical reasons. I won't use it too much before I can sell it again in pretty good nick. But we are keeping the Beema Q and Phil & Teds because they are still handy for the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep!!! DS is only 4 months old & already i have 3 prams

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FelicityC View Post
    I got a maclaren stroller, and I loooove it, I only ever use it when i go walking I often walk to the shops with bub in it when hes cranky. If we drive to the shops I put him in my ergo, or in the trolley. The pram rarely ever ends up in the car anymore!

But I love love love it!! To be honest I dont understand how you couldnt love it!! (Except I will admit the shopping basket is too small!)
    I can objectively see its a good pram, I just do a lot of off-road pramming - parks, beach, bush walking, plus live in quite a hilly suburb with cracked pavement uneven pavement, so I need a pram with a bit more muscle.

Plus, I do ALL the grocery shopping every week by pram. When Jasper was very little I'd take the pram to the shops with the baby Bjorn, put him in the Bjorn and the shopping in the pram... by 5 months and 8 kilos this was a totally impractical way to shop!!!

I feel silly, but my friend LOVED her Maclaren and couldn't imagine how it couldn't be perfect - even when I visited her with my 2nd pram she commented "isn't the Maclaren the best?" I smiled and agreed, because I dont want her to feel badly, she meant well with her advice, I just didn't think it through!

I've done some research on the Adventure Buggys and I think I might need to find one in a shop and play with it before buying online on ebay (as I will absolutely NOT pay full price Dont have that kind of money laying around, particularly for my 4th pram) because of the height issue. I'm not particularly tall and it simply hadn't occured to me that i might not have great vision over the top of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have 4 kiddies and im up to pram number 10 lol im still using 2 but the side by side babylove double stroller stas in the car and the valco runabout with toddler seat if im walking or getting the bus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lululeah View Post
    I have a bugaboo Chameleon which I reccomend Well worth the money in my opinion!

I love this pram!
    My first pram was useless and I bought it as my friend pressured me into buying it...I hated it, bub hated it so I just gave it away...
    I looked carefully and I liked bugaboo chameleon the best! it goes so nicely and it is not as heavy as many other prams!
    but I find it a bit hard to lift with the bub in it (we still use a bassinet) as we have some steps in front of the house so I also bought maclaren stroller if I need to pop out in a hurry when no one can help me with the steps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a Valco Runabout. It does the job and it's the only pram I'm ever bought, and likely will ever buy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First Pram was a Valco runabout - about $500.
    And I bought a steelcraft holiday stroller $100 aswell.

19months later we INVESTED in the adventure buggy!!
    -$1200 (eeeeek!!) with all the accessories, got it sent out from NZ as I was living remote.

so we had two newborns down the bottom and a toddlet up top.
    I am only 156cm tall and I'm fine with it! you don't need to see 'over' the top, you can see around the top seated kid.

It has a larger weight limit (90kg) ...I think the Valco twin is much less than that - was a major deciding factor in the purchase.

It does fold down, but is a little awkward to get in the car with toddler seat and wheels on...so that is why we bought a twin stroller aswell.

If we were ready to sell ours I would love to help you out...but my kids are 4 and 2x 2.5 and we still use it to take the dogs on massive walks.

feel free to ask any Q's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check out the Strider take 2 (with toddler attachment) not $1000 and well worth it... and if anything goes wrong in the first year they take it and fix it for you No questions asked in my case!
    Its my second, my first was a mothers choice piece of **** and it actually collapsed on my baby when going up stairs... hence I would never buy one of their products again. My stroller was only 5 months old

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have a layback stroller now, though I have been through 3 prams before this.

First was an Emmaljunga pram that was given to me by the in laws. It was a very lush pram, huge, comfy etc. I decided to sell it and get a new pram as it was just too huge for my needs.

I bought a mothers choice pram that was a rip off of the Steel craft strider. (which i really wanted)
    It began to fall apart within 2 weeks, so i got a refund..

I then bought a second hand steel craft pram from ebay that was great, but when Nanna began babysitting often while i worked, I decided to give it to her and I purchased another pram...well a stroller this time.

So now I have a steel craft lay back stroller and it's great for what I need it for, I inserted a lambskin, it came with a boot cover and hood, it has a shopping basked, good breaks and is compact when folded. The only thing wrong with it now is that DS is getting quite tall and when asleep, his legs hang over quite a bit, though I don't think I'll be getting any more prams/strollers.=P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 3

I was unsure and so I bought my first one off ebay as I figured it was cheaper to try before I buy kinda thing.. paid $170 for a basically band new Valco which I have been told is $600 new in the shops... it's good, but PITA to fold down, takes too long for me

I then bought a Valco Bee for $250 which I love. It's recommended from 6 months but I use a head insert for my bouncy boy and he has no problems.

We recently went away and the pram wouldn't fit and as it was for a couple of days I decided it wouldn't matter, I would use the ergo for the first time... we ended up staying a week, bubs and I ended up hate the ergo so I bought a quicksmart stroller, aka the briefcase stroller... it was perfect and we now have a pram for travelling