+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default How many prams have you bought?

Is it just me, or was the first pram you bought TOTALLY wrong for your needs. I have NO IDEA what I was looking for in a pram and I regretfully allowed a close friend pressure me into getting a "Maclaren" pram. She assured me it was the best pram, its the one she had, blah blah blah and I knew in my heart when I bought it that it didn't suit my needs. I dont drive, so having a collapsable stroller wasn't important to me at all.

Pram number 2 was an absolute impulse buy, it was an ebay purchase, $52, I did a bit of and OMG, SO cheap and bid without doing any research. Its a cheap cheap cheap pram, its a Baby 1st Megane, and its absolutely falling apart on me - it was in very good condition when I bought it 3 months ago, but its just a pain now, it wobbles and pulls to the side! AHH!

Pram number 3 was an emergency purchase and a massive regret now. I thought I was going to be nannying for a family full time, I bought a double pram for $160 after working for them for 3 days - and finding it impossible to get out of the house without a double pram... and they messed me around for a fortnight and then simply didn't return phone calls or emails - I dont know if they needed a nanny, or what happened, but I bought the pram I had in a hurry, and now wish I hadn't and had been able to shop around!!!

SO I have 3 prams - total spend about $600 - but I REALLY want an adventure buggy! For one with a toddler attachment (which i will need for future children/nannying jobs) is over $1000, 2nd hand I can pick one up on ebay for between $250 and $600 depending on condition and accessories.

My DP thinks its utterly ridiculas that I want anther pram and thinks I need to make do with what I have. I wish I'd know what I wanted and got the adventure buggy first time around - as it'll fullfill all my pram needs and I can re-sell my other three prams on ebay...

Have others been on this ridiculas quest to find 'the perfect pram'? Can I ask, how many prams did it take to find it?!?!?!

I hope I can find an Adventure Buggy on ebay, nearby (all have been in Melbourne or Brissy, and I'm in Sydney, thats always the way with Ebay though!) but should I buy it? Or should accept the prams I have!?

Any advice, recommendations or shared experiences would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have an emmaljunga city cerox 360 and am completely and utterly happy with it (altho they are very expensive i got mine 2nd hand)
    it was my first pram and i researched before buying it on productreview.com.au
    i suggest u do the same so u can read up about the pros and cons of many different prams before making another purchase

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have 4 prams...mostly because our needs have changed, I have been pretty happy with the prams themselves, its just that they no longer suited us.

1. Jeep Urban Liberty (not sure you can get it anymore) LOVED it, light, easy to fold and sturdy (looking back now, it would have been nce if the handle was reversable). We used that for DD, but it didn't take a toddler seat, so when DS was born 2yrs later, we needed a new one.

2. In between having DD1 & DS1 we bought a tiny one that folded into a back-pack for use overseas, and for having in mums car - still used it on occassion.

3. When DS1 eas born we got the Phil and Ted with doubles kit, LOVED it!! Best pram I have ever seen/used for 2 kids. Small enough for shopping centres, sturdy enough for walking on the road and when one child wants to walk halfway through the shopping trip, you can use the back part for your shopping storage!

4. Then we found out we were having twins and the P&T isn't suitable for 2 newborns, so we bought a stellcrafy twin duo. It's pretty good, compact, light and good for 2 little babies, not so great for a baby and toddler. It was only a cheapie $250, just to use for the baby stage. Once our twins are a bit older, we will go back to using the P&T with doubles as I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Good to get feed back on the p&t - as adventure buggy is made by the same company and its the same concept of a double pram, except the toddler goes on top of the pram - like facing mummy, so i think it would be fabulous for language developement and also if I'm nannying or even when we have baby No2 Its be nice if Jasper and I can have that one-on-one time to chat, even if its just walking around the supermarket.

And I'll check out product reveiw for adventure buggy, though I've heard good things... I just cant have ANOTHER pram after it! So it has to be PERFECT!

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    the adventure buggy ones sounded fantastic...but i couldn't justify the $$. And the twin one is prety huge, almost as tall as me, so it wasn't going to work for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So far I have bought the Bug-a-boo (havent used it yet!). I spent around $1200 (bargin at the time, on sale!) based on the reasons above, I would rather spend the one big amount, then buy 2-3 prams that total that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we got given one...never really used it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got a maclaren stroller, and I loooove it, I only ever use it when i go walking I often walk to the shops with bub in it when hes cranky. If we drive to the shops I put him in my ergo, or in the trolley. The pram rarely ever ends up in the car anymore!

But I love love love it!! To be honest I dont understand how you couldnt love it!! (Except I will admit the shopping basket is too small!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first pram we bought was a Steelcraft Engima. Great pram (especially for a newborn) and fantastic value for money as it comes with all accessories. Very user friendly- great all round pram.
    Second pram we bought is a P&T sport. It's a great pram! We bought it as it is a 3 wheeler with pump up tyres (great for walking on all terrain) and also has the option for a toddler/newborn seat. Not the cheapest pram and you need to purchase all accessories separatley but well worth the money!!
    Last edited by I love JJJ; 10-07-2009 at 17:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a bugaboo Chameleon which I reccomend Well worth the money in my opinion! I spoke to a lot of people before deciding on this pram. I am soooo happy I bought it, otherwise I probably would of been in the same situation as you, swapping prams until I found one I was happy with. The bugaboos are really good quality and will last a long time and have great re sale value. I also have a Maclaren stroller which I haven't used yet, but will be good for when bub gets older for when I am just ducking into the shops!

Goodluck finding a good pram!