+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It took me 5 visits to different dr's to get an answer about my dd being lactose intolerant.. none of them helped me so i did it my self and put her on Lactose intolerant milk and gee shes a different baby.. God some dr's are Aholes

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wish you, your bub and your family all the success for the op tomorrow.

I am a nurse in a paediatric ward at a local hospital, our paediatricians believe that if mum says somethings wrong than there is and they do any test they can think of that could be of benefit and don't stop until something is found. I think the paeds we have now are awesome, have worked with a few different paeds and they dont all follow the philosphy. I think it is best that you just keep going and try to find a dr that will listen to you. You are right, you are with your bub more than anyone else and notice things that others dont....

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amy86 View Post
    If there were more GP's each consultation would be longer.

We would be able to see the same GP each time and build a relationship with the GP.

The GP would get to know each of his/her patients and hopefully be more compassionate towards their health care needs.
    Thats why I love mine...

I do think that most parents need to find a really good GP and build up a relationship with them.
    Mine actually didn't question my DS's reflux, he referred me straight away.
    ha, and told my Mum who has the flu to stay away from me since I can't have anything for it, he treats 3 generations of us and he knows us pretty damn well. Which always shocks me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hospital visit

What a blessing it is that we have a hospital like Westmeads Children's Hospital, they were awesome.
    DD didn't get to have her operation as her eye was too inflamed but we now have confirmation that it is Congenital Glaucoma and have a plan for treatment and we'll be back again next Thursday to try for the operation then.