Closed Thread
Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    ~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks caprafamily for your reply, i really appreciate it.

I don't know... the bleeding has slowed right down now but it was very heavy (like mid period) for about two hours. No clots or cramping or anything but it was bright red and heavy... does this sound like a miscarriage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gracies mummy- sorry you're going through this scary time. Some people can bleed all the way through and everything's fine, but I think a heavy bleed so early might be a bad sign. They mightn't want to scan you yet because it's so early, but maybe your doctor could check your beta-hcg?good luck xxx

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    withoutpeanut - yeah, i agree it's not a good sign... what will be will be. I feel kind of stupid to be honest as i know at 5wks it's really only a group of cells with no heartbeat and not even a form of a baby yet but i still feel really sad. I think i'm mostly sad and the thought of what my baby could have been... and frustrated because i don't know what's happening either way... if i knew for sure that i was m/c i could start to deal with the loss and move on, but i feel like i am just waiting for my body to make up its mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gracie's mum I am so sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I have had bleeding go both ways. I had a bright red bleed with my daughter and carried her successfully and now have a beautiful toddler.
    Then I had a bleed at 5 weeks (second pregnancy) heavy as a period and I found out I had miscarried. The doctor checked my bloods and they had dropped. Is the doctor taking your bloods? If your levels drop then that is a sgin of miscarriage. I hope you get some answers soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MummyLip - No, doc not checking my bloods.. i'm not sure why? He doesn't even want to see me. I did a HPT just to check myself if my HCG levels were still up but i barely even got a faint line so i think my hormones have dropped right off.
    Still bleeding a lot so i'm pretty sure this little one just wasn't meant to make it.

I feel kind of silly really as i know i was only 5wks and bub really hadn't developed much yet and had no heartbeat... but i feel like i am grieving the loss of the dream/thought of the baby we were excited about having.
    It doesn't help that my DH is overseas at the moment and wont be home for another 10 days... all i really need is a ... i am very lonely in this sadness.

I just want the bleeding/cramping to hurry up and stop because it is a constant reminder of what i am losing... i want it to be over and can't seem to stop crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Graciesmummy I am so sorry Please don't feel silly, a loss is a loss no matter how many weeks. Just because at 5 weeks there isn't a heartbeat doesn't mean its any less important, every loss is heartbreaking. I am surprised your Dr isn't checking your bloods to see if the levels are dropping, Was your pregnancy confirmed by BT? Is there another Dr you could see?
    Thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry gracie's mum. Big hugs. A loss is a loss despite the weeks; it hurts nonetheless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - mind if I join your thread too...

It's been a long 10days for DH and I starting last Tuesday when we got our confirmation for our 12week NCT scan - yay, it would the first time we get to meet little "Seven" as we weren't going to have any dating scans along the way other than the standrad scheduled ones; at that stage I was 8wks 3days. The following afternoon, I was in a minor car accident - wasn't injured, didn't feel any pain or anything but rang my Dr to double check. She reassured that baby was tucked up safe and sound and unless I experienced any pain or bleeding or was worried about something I should be fine especially as the preganancy had been progressing quite well. All through Thursday I was fine and on Friday I experienced some lower back pain (which I've often add both during and outside this pregnancy) as well as some brown discharge (old blood). As this was our first, I went to the Dr to again get her reassurance that this was OK - even though I had read that brown discharge can be quite common. Appointment all went perfectly well, she was very thorough - lots of poking and prodding to see if there was any tenderness or pain, as well as an examination to confirm it was old blood - she confirmed that everything should be OK and didn't see anything that would be cause for concern but just to be doubly sure she ordered an u/s. Naturally we were a bit excited cause it meant that we got to meet little Seven earlier than anticipated but on Monday afternoon the Sonographer had to break the news to us that she could not find a heartbeat and judging by measurements it appeared as though our little baby had stoped growing at 8wks 2days. We were gutted obviously as this was what we considered our first 'real' pregnancy (although we did have a chemical pregnancy in December).

We got into my Dr that afternoon and she ordered bloods taken - which came back the following day at 14,000 so they will still fairly high even though it had been about a week since the baby's heartbeat had stopped. We have been waiting now since Monday for it to pass naturally but the bdy still doesn't want to cooperate - more bloods today showing a significant drop down to 9,000 - but looks like I now get to go through the rigmorole of a D&C tomorrow; which am sure will be a really *pleasant* time waiting in ER for that process.

Have been back at work the whole time through all of this but my two manager's that do know have been really supportive and happy for me to take the time that I need. Can't help but feel for DH cause he doesn't have that kind of workplace so can't really talk about and being in retail he is surrounded by kids with their parents or preganant women etc...

Cause of my blood work today I went into work later - and have really only been doing half days (especially yesterday when confronted with a shopping centre - it really hit me for six and understood exactly what DH goes through everyday) but today I have been a lot calmer and not as emotional as the last few days - and now I am feeling guilty...such a wide range of emotions - which I am sure we are (or have) all experienced; I seem to range from devastated and not being able to do anything, to numb and empty, to angry and feeling like it was unfair through to a kind of acceptance that it does happen and we will try again, to guilt for not grieving like "I should be"...am sure tomorrow with the D&C will bring a wave of new emotions as it will no doubt be a long day for both DH & I.

I have been reading all your stories and all the women on here are so brave and althouhg this is the first post I have made on this board (long-winded as it is), please know that your kind thoughts and you journeys have already helped to start making a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kjlogue - ... i'm so sorry about your loss. My thoughts are with you tomorrow for your d&c... it really has been a horrible 10 days for you and your DH.
    Welcome to the thread, i hope you find all of the lovely ladies here a good source of support through this time and also when you decide to start ttc again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, on Thursday we went along to see our obstetrician for our first appointment at 10 weeks- and it seems that our baby died (in the week before we saw the dr) (we had been for a scan the previous week and seen a heartbeat). The words im sorry there is no heartbeat will ring in my ears forever i think.... I was sent in for a D & C only a few hours later and then went home in the evening.

Now I just feel empty, both in the emotional sense and the physical sense. My bleeding has pretty much stopped already, which is good, but also another sad reminder that it's all over.. It's so hard waking up in the morning being pregnant and leaving hospital the same day not...

I wanted to get in touch with some ladies who had experienced this and then went on to have positive outcomes quite quickly- but don't even know where to start.

I know I am luckier than some because we already have a daughter- it's just heart breaking all the same.

We would like to try again ASAP, but don't know wether to do it before or after AF returns. Our Dr said we could try whenever we wanted to. This also brings much fear and worry, what if it happens again etc....