ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyLip View Post

Jess when are you getting married? It's nice to have a celebration and your and your fiancee must be so excited. I can't believe your doc didn't know. That's poor communication. I hope little River's urn comes home soon.
    mel so sorry of your loss what a hard choice you had to make.

we are getting married on the 4th Aug 2012 its good to have something to look forward too

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are the most relieved people in the world. Baby is a fighter and was not affected by all the bleeding (which has now - Thank God - stopped). Although the emergency dr said he thought it looked like the cervix was opening and miscarriage was inevitable, turns out it wasn't. Just went for a scan to check and we were both not very hopeful but there it was - heart beating away and wriggling around. Still considered a threatened miscarriage and on bed rest for the rest of the week but at least we have hope! Thank you for all your support - was a horrible couple of days and has given me such an insight into the hell you all have had to live through. Don't think I have ever been that inconsolably sad. My thoughts are with all of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay Anna. Once you see and hear the heart beat you have 95% of carrying it successfully. This is exactly what happened with my daughter I had bleeding and spotting on and off for weeks. It stopped around the 10 week mark and I carried her until 38 weeks and she was born healthy. You can do this! I also had bed rest for a week after my threatened miscarriage. I wish you all the best. Keep us updated it's nice to hear some positive news! Bleeding doesn't always end in miscarriage.

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow girls it's been a long while since I've been in here & I'm so sorry to see so many new faces amongst the group.

My name is Amy & I am mum to my angel Jacob, our rainbow baby Livvy (25weeker) 10months, Declan 5 & Abbie almost 3.

For some reason I wasn't getting notification about the new posts until today. Gotta love glitches.

Mel I know our local cemetary has a children's section (it is where Jacob is buried even though he was born 2 days before 16weeks).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls, Mind if I pop in for a bit of support?

I am in the process of a natural M/C and am feeling all over the place .
    This is our second loss while TTC our first child. I am still waiting on results from the GP but I know that I have lost bub already. We only made 5 weeks and I am feeling like some how its my fault, that my body failed to do its job. My HCG levels were almost at 200 at 14DPO but within a week they were down to less than 50. I will find out tomorrow what level they are now at, but it looks like they are dropping quickly. Don't know how I am going to get through this again and then TTC again. It took 10 long painful months to conceive again since the last m/c and I don't think I can go through all that again. TTC is just so hard emotionally but to have it ruined by 2 losses is just takes it to a whole new level of emotional pain.
    When can I try again? Do I need to wait 3 months? I don't want to waste any more time as it takes us awhile to conceive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cherished big to you and your Dh

If your levels drop to 0 on their own there shouldn't be any reason why you can't start ttc straight away..after mine I gave myself a month to get myself sorted out both physically and emotionally but everybody is different..

I know the worst part is they don't do testing unless you have had 3 losses but maybe you can find a gp or ob that is willing to help you now..

In my case they thought my losses were due to a blood clotting issue however now they think I had a blockage in my right tube and that's what was stopping the egg from getting through..

Once I had the hycosy scan I fell the very next month (when I had given up all hope!!)

Good luck babe but in the meantime allow yourself time to grieve x x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulandwaiting For This Useful Post:

Cherished  (15-06-2011)

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Cherished - there is no time frame you have to wait after a loss as long as there isn't a medical reason ie time for an infection to clear etc. The reason why most doctors say to wait is so you can get AF back at least once so you can be sure of your dates etc. But that's something a dating scan can help fix to a degree. Yes TTC is hard & it is made more painful when you do experience a loss as it takes away the innocence that seeing those 2 lines on a pregnancy test = a take home baby. Unfortunately all of us in here understands that. I myself have been pregnant 9 times confirmed which have resulted in 3 living children, 1 angel born sleeping 2 days shy of 16weeks due to a chromosomal abnormality & a mix of 5 early miscarriages ranging from 4.5-8weeks. Above all allow yourself to grieve the loss as not only do we lose the baby but along with it the hopes & dreams you had as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cherished - So sorry you find yourself in here.

Ive had an awful few days... i had really painful cramping on Monday night and was considering a trip to emergency before the painkillers finally done thier job 1 and a half hours after taking them. I went to see the doctor yesterday because there was concern that i had retained placenta and had an emergency scan yesterday afternoon to check - have been given the all clear thankfully.
    The pains returned last night but wernt as bad and i was able to sleep with the help of Nurofen.
    Im also still producing colustrum despite been given medication to dry up production. I find it really distressing and its a constant reminder that i should still be pregnant and holding my baby in November.
    Josh should have had his autopsy by now and im too scared to call the hospital and ask when i can collect his ashes. Do i just wait for thier call?
    Still struggling emotionally... nobody close to me seems to understand the pain we are going through. I wish people wouldnt say things like, "better now than later" or "at least you fall pregnant quickly" - cant they see that those comments are hurtful? Josh's life cant just be replaced and his existance was very real, and i already love him as much as i do our daughter...Its really really hard.

On a more positive note - I called the WA cemetery board yesterday and they told me that i can do a memorial for Josh even tho he was born before 20 weeks and if i want to i can inter his ashes now or later. For some reason i had it in my head that i couldn't.
    I feel so relieved that im able to pay tribute to him in a permanent way... im going to arrange a plaque in the infants butterly garden as soon as i feel able to get through a visit with the memorial officer.

Small steps forward...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mel - people that say those sorts of things are either a) someone who has never been through a loss &/or b) someone who has never had a child. They think they are helping by saying this sort of stuff when in fact they really have no clue what so ever what it's like to fall pregnant, start bonding with your baby & then to feel them move. It's not that you love Joshua any less & I often wondered would people say it if the loss was that many weeks after the birth. Of course they wouldn't & so you know what I started saying that to them. I then ask how is it really any different. Just because we didn't meet them alive doesn't mean we didn't still love them because we had time to fall in love with them. For some reason they think it's got to be easier to lose a child before birth cause we didn't have them here for long. When I often wonder is it easier to lose them after birth cause you've had time to make memories with them. But nope a loss is a loss regardless when it is. We are still losing a child & with it a chapter of our lives, with it our hopes, dreams etc. We are still parents to these children even they are not here becuase you know what they were & that's all that matters.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TrulyBlessed For This Useful Post:

Giggle&Hoot  (15-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cherished
    thinking of you and your family in this time.

i brought my babies urn last week and was send out yesterday so hopefully get it soon and she asked if i would share rivers story she lost a baby some years ago and shared hers and we were both in tears over each others storys and she said if i ever need a stranger to talk to to email her omg put a smile on my face knowing all the caring people out there