Closed Thread
Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    MrsHunidue is offline A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnlove View Post
    Hi Beautifulbutterfly sorry to see you here. I'v only heard of those type of symptoms from being UTD FX for you that's the case. If not I wish you luck for next month, it's a great sign your ovulated this month.

MrsH - I'm glad to hear the Doc believes you now, I was shocked when you said about the phone call saying you wern't pregnant.

Sounds like you have a hard decison to make about TTC vs going back on your pain meds. I hope if you do start TTC again soon that you manage to fall within the next 8 weeks so it suits you and your DH.

Your son brought a tear to my eye! What he said was so sad but so very sweet. I hope you find each day just a little easier to get through.

My GP called me today to see how I went over the weekend. I told him that I havn't had cramping or bleeding since Sunday and that I only had the one day of red blood and even then it wasn't a huge amount. He says this is a good sign and to keep my FX??

I didn't think there was hope, now I'm confused. I'm obviously very happy to hear there could be a small chance for us but am also very scared to get my hopes up for nothing. We had already started the greiving process, I don't know how to feel now. I'm sorry if it ends up I am in the wrong thread if things turn around for us.
    My fingers are all crossed for you that you still are pregnant honey. My doctor discussed that a small percentage of women go through this and find themselves still pregnant. I really hope for your heart and sake that you are one of those lucky ladies. I was hoping to be one of them But unfortunately I passed the babies sac over the weekend, so this wont be the case for me. BUT I will be having talks with DH tonight and ask what he thinks about TTC. I need to wait for first AF so it could be another month away yet. I wish yo all the best ash xoxo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHunidue For This Useful Post:

Autumnlove (31-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnlove View Post
    What is SANDS and what is their number? I'm glad to hear speaking to one of them has helped you, is it an Australian wide thing?

AFM - Horrible nights sleep yet again. 7 days until my next U/S to see whats happening down there. I am really dreading hearing the words, I hope I can hold it together infront of people.

I am unsure if I should get a D&C or just let it happen naturally. If it would just happen I would prefer natural. My scan showed bub at 4wks 5 days when I was 6wks 2 days so if bleeding hasn't increased by scan day it would have been 3 weeks. I don't want to be waiting around for another few weeks. I hate knowing it's still inside me... dead (as harsh as that sounds) but am also very scared of a D&C if something went wrong to lower my fertility. Any opinions would be great, I have a few days to decide but I want to be 100% sure by next weekend.
    My GP called me today to see how I went over the weekend. I told him that I havn't had cramping or bleeding since Sunday and that I only had the one day of red blood and even then it wasn't a huge amount. He says this is a good sign and to keep my FX??

I didn't think there was hope, now I'm confused. I'm obviously very happy to hear there could be a small chance for us but am also very scared to get my hopes up for nothing. We had already started the greiving process, I don't know how to feel now. I'm sorry if it ends up I am in the wrong thread if things turn around for us.
    Re: SANDS, some states SANDS and SIDS are combined to be SIDS & Kids. Also check out Teddy Love Club, they are now Australia wide too, and have some fabulous resources, a great handbook, phone, net and personal counselling services. I personally have found them more helpful than SIDS & Kids here in WA.

Re: natural vs. D&C, I guess go with your doctors advice but let them know if you would rather go naturally, as some are quick to do a D&C without thinking about the options. I wanted to go naturally, and although it was by no means an easy few weeks, I am so glad I did it that way. My OB was fully supportive of this, and said for me I would be able to ttc sooner if natural rather than d&c. I wanted my body to know it was no longer pregnant and my hormones to drop etc, rather than my cervix being forced open and my poor body being left wondering what the heck happened to the baby it thought it was carrying- but thats just me. I know without doubt that my bub didnt make it, I worry that with a d&c I would always have a tiny bit of doubt , a what if....

Wow I really hope you don't have to stick around here, and end up back in the due threads, that would be awesome, I hope you get a miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question: For those that had a natural m/c rather than d&c, how long did it take for next O or next AF?

I was a little worried over the past few days, as my bleeding had stopped, but then I have had some fresh blood, only a little bit... maybe I should phone my OB...
    We dtd and it was uncomfortable, but I dont think it could be from that, I am also feeling a bit period-like, but dont think it could be that yet either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mrs Hunidue most people bleed for 7-10 days in early miscarriage I started a thread and that was the feedback I got from ppl. How's your bleeding going? Mine has slowed down heaps no more clots thank god! How are you feeling?

www.sands.org.au is an australian organisation that deals with pregnancy loss. They have phone counselors which I found useful. Someone asked about them from my previous post, sorry I am a bit vague.

upsanddowns so sorry to hear about your twins They also think there is/was something in my fallopian tube. the report says location of pregnancy unknown. I have to go back for another internal ultrasound on Friday and blood test Thursday. What were your symptoms? I agree I think the only way I will get over it is to have a healthy bubba in my tummy. My DH is also keen to try again but we were told to wait 2 cycles. We think we'll wait till AF then start trying again.

Autumn love how are you going?? Have you had another blood test? I had heaps of bleeding when pregnant with my DD and she turned out fine. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Mrs Hunidue your son is so sweet. How are you feeling?

Beautiful Butterfly so sorry to see you in here

PA80 good question I am having a natural miscarriage so i would also like to know. How are you coping? What did your obs say about the bleeding? Mine is slowing down now and I can't wait for it to stop.

AFM: feeling sad but so glad DH is home he wants to put it all behind us and try again. He only wants to wait one month despite the obs saying 2. I agree it seems like ages away, especially as I have looooong cycles, usually 35 days.

Questions: Is anyone else's hair falling out in clumps? Mine is hope I am not going bald. Did anyone have an ectopic? What were the symptoms? Did you still have lots of bleeding? The doctors aren't sure if mine was ectopic or not they saw spatters of blood in the tube and now I have to have another internal ultrasound to investigate. I hate internals

Thanks
    Reviews
    PA - Thanks for the advice on the natural vs D&C, you made some great points. I think I may go for natural now unless told I NEED D&C.

MummyLip - Glad to hear DH is home with you now. Goodluck when you start TTC again. I would be tempted to only wait one month like you, especially with such long cycles.

My hair fall has also increased again. It's pretty normal for me to lose alot of hair but I did notice when pregnant I could brush my hair and only lose a strand or two! I had most of it cut off too so I'd imagine if I'd left it long it would be falling out in clumps.

Goodluck with the internal, they are never nice. I havnt had to have one for pregnancy yet. I hope if I need one on Monday I don't get the same creepy U/S guy, he made me feel uncomfortable even having an abdominal scan.

I havn't had another BT. I'v only ever had the one last Friday and didn't get told my results. The Doc called me yesterday and my results would have been in on the Monday but I forgot all about it when talking to him.

I was sent for a blood group test so I'm not sure if they would also test my HGC levels? I'm taking that he didn't mention the results as it could still be border line? Surley he wouldn't have told me to keep my FX if my levels have dropped too much, and hopefully he would have told me if they looked great.

How is everyones partners doing? My DH was great the first couple of days but since then has been distant and acting like nothing has happened. I know thats his way of coping but I'm not ready to act normal yet.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Autumnlove For This Useful Post:

MummyLip (01-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

MummyLip- I spoke to my OB about what was going on, they want me to see GP to get referrals for another hCG bloods, and an ultrasound for next week to see if there is any retained product. I was told that the bleeding can stop and start as my body tries to clear it all out, like if bits are left the bleeding may re-start. I've had bad cramps the past 24 hrs, so hoping I bleed some more today and get it all out before the scan so I dont end up having a d&c as well. Ohhh I am so over this.... I just want my body to do this right, get it all out and be done with it, I want to move forward but can't while this drags on. I dont want a d&c as it will mean delaying ttc which i really dont want to delay.

A note on men:
    Having been through the stillbirth of our first child, then a chem pregnancy and now a miscarriage, my hubby and I have had to learn a LOT about each other over the past year! I just want to say, men handle these things very differently to us women. And thats ok. When our son died, we agreed to allow each other to grieve however we needed to and to not judge how each other were or weren't grieving or dealing with it. I truly think this decission has been vital in keeping our marriage together over this horrendous year of pain.

Men also try to protect us girls, and sometimes he may seem distant or detached, but he may be trying to protect you from pain.... eg- "If I don't bring it up, she wont cry", they feel they have to be strong and appear ok for us. Plus other men dont understand what they are going through, they can't chat about it outside of your home. With a pregnancy loss, the focus naturally is turned to 'the mother', his mates will ask him "Hows your wife coping?" They wont ask him how he is feeling.
    With a pregnancy loss, your man has not had much opportunity to probably even get his head around the idea of having a child, and is physically detached from it, doesn't have the hormones, the changes, the experience like we do, so they may 'get over it' faster. But don't think they aren't upset by it.
    Go gently, look after each other, dont let anger and ill feeling creep into your relationship, you need each other now more than ever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PA80 For This Useful Post:

upsanddowns (02-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I O 8 days after I had finished spotting.
    Weird my body thinks its UTD but its not had bloods done to confirm that, darn hormones. Am waiting for AF to show soon.

Has everyone feeling emotionally? I've been a bit up and down as of late. At the stage where I ask the question why us? We so wanted our baby but was taken from us. Seems like so many people have babies and bumps every where I go. I try and be strong but it does hurt at times. Then someone we told replies "oh well wasn't ment to be" Ahhh doesnt help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY View Post
    I try and be strong but it does hurt at times. Then someone we told replies "oh well wasn't ment to be" Ahhh doesnt help.
    I got this alot after each loss and it is definitely not something you want to hear..my answer..why wasn't it meant to be?? If you can answer this then you can say that!! It's so frustrating to be told this especially by people that have no idea what you are going through!!

What we need is great big hugs and a shoulder to cry on..not words just because you don't know what to say!!!

Anyway..I just wanted to send you all virtual hugs..I still struggle with my losses and am still waiting for something to go wrong this time (although I feel quite calm) losing a baby is not something you ever get over but it is something that can make us stronger

I really hope you all get your bubbys soon x x x

PA honey what you said about men and how they handle things is absolutely right!!! My Dh has struggled alot with our losses but very rarely says anything about it..now it has taken him a long time to relax about this pregnancy..Men are definitely a different species but talking to each other is always the best way of dealing with anything

I wish you all luck x x
    Last edited by hopefulandwaiting; 01-06-2011 at 17:13.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulandwaiting For This Useful Post:

PA80 (01-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefulandwaiting: Thank-you for your kind words. I might use your come back next time someone says that line to me.

Please,please try and enjoy your pregnancy. This is your time to glow and shine!! You have created a beautiful baby who wants you to 'relax' as much as you can and who will arrive safe in to your arms on or around their due date. I'm so excited for you, must be a magical feeling exciting xo

Each time you have a negative thought try and replace it with a positive one, talk to your little one and tell them how much you already love and adore them and can't wait until their special Birthday arrives xo.

MrsHunidue is offline A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hrmm... had an extremely awkward moment today....

the moment when someone drove up my driveway, knocked on my door, and hugged me to say "CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING PREGNANT IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!"... ummm