ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hi Girls

Hi There

I am so sorry to read of all your losses. I haven't been around here much but my ttc journey began almost 2 years ago and since then I have suffered two missed miscarriages at around 11 weeks, picked up at the nuchal scan a week or so later. I had no symptoms and had to have d and c's both times. We then stopped ttc for a year while I lost some weight - well lots of weight and got diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder.

I feel so sad reading your posts because it is so raw and I've been there and all these feelings of grief and sadness are normal but I just wanted to come on here and say that while it might be hard to believe at the moment but life does get easier and the grief is easier to bare and hope will return to your lives again and you will learn to appreciate the little things and not worry so much about the smaller things.

It is really hard road to for men and I hope that you can understand that while they may seem detatched, this may be their way of coping. It took my DH 12 months to even say to our closest friends anything about our losses, he bottled it all up and since then we have had many conversations about how it was happening to him as well but because I was going through all the physical stuff, he felt like he couldn't say anything because he had to be strong and carry us both. Sometimes I thought that he didn't care or that he just wanted to ttc again quickly but once the communication started to flow I had a better understanding of how much he was hurting.

Much love and hugs and take the time to heal xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angelbubswithwings For This Useful Post:

Autumnlove  (30-05-2011),PA80  (29-05-2011),upsanddowns  (30-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AngelBubs-Thanks for popping in and offering your wise words or support You are such an inspiration

MummyLip- I was about 7wks I think when this bub stopped growing, at the 8weeks scan they said there had been no change from the week before. But it wasn't until 10+4 that I passed bubs' yolk sac and that.
    I lost my firstborn last year at 31+4wks. It has been one B!atch of a year. Only one year 4 days and 12 hrs (to the minute) separating the 'births' of my deceased bubbas.

Mrshunidue- I hope the pain passes soon, so you can begin to heal xo

Shortii- yeah we were in April testing together , I remember colouring you pregnant . So sorry for your loss.

I had a complete loss of the plot this afternoon, I did something so out of character and so unacceptable, I feel so ashamed. The stress of the last year and multiple dead babies and different types of loss is all catching up with me I think. i have been really messy for a few weeks, just not able to get on top of this yet, again..... and i screamed abuse at a complete stranger. I am usually so quiet and reserved.... I just lost it. I feel like my skin is so thin, like it takes very little to push me over the edge. I was coping alright with losing this bub, then 'whamo' it hit me, this year has just been too flaming hard. I think i have taken as much as I can take. Here's hoping things turn around for good soon.

I hope you are all doing as ok as can be, just remember that you may as well grieve now, while people are sypathetic, coz if you ignore it, it will bite you in the bum later, I learnt this through the loss of my son a year ago.... give yourself a break, losing a baby is not easy. Go gently on yourself too, and take extra care of your relationship with your partner, allow each other to grieve however you/they need/want to... we are all different in this. Look after each other and try not to let this get between you and your partner, as you will experience it and respond to it individually. Guys generally try to protect us from pain, and sometimes this comes across as lack of care about the situation. Try to see it from their view too. Big Hugs, and floaty kisses to your angel bubbas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

It's so nice having people to share this with. I am quiet a shy person so my reaction is to avoid people and not talk while I deal with this on my own so this thread is a lifesaver, thankyou.

Shortti - I'm so sorry to see you here, I also remember you from the April testing thread. I havn't heard a general rule of waiting 3 cycles before TTC again but that sure does put you in a hard position if you did want to start straight away. 3 months may not seem long for some people but when TTC it can feel like an eternity. I feel like you, I feel all my plans are gone and I have nothing to look forward to in the immediate furture.

MrsH - I am glad to see you found this thread too so we can continue to help each other through this hard time. With the partners thing, I understand. My DH was great, he still is being caring but it's been 3 days since we had 'the' U/S and it's already starting to seem like a distant thing for him. I'm sure this isn't true, I know he us hurting, he even told me. It's just so different for him, we never saw a heartbeat with our bub so although he was excited he never really had a connection this early on.

I reacted a little strange when DH said he didn't want to wait to TTC again too, I just felt like we wouldn't grieve for this bub we would just replace it and expect everything to be ok. I'v had a think about it and I'm pretty sure we will try again when we get the all clear, probably after my first AF.

I know how you feel about the dreams. I don't want to go to sleep anymore even though it is the best way to pass the time. I'v had either a nightmare (of blood/clotting and just a horrible m/c) or a beautiful dream, of me holding our new baby. I don't know which is worse.

PA - I was so sad when I saw your bub from April didn't make it. It just isn't fair after what you had already been through. I'm glad to hear you are almost at the end of your bleeding and wish you all the luck in the world if you are TTC again. You always have such kind and inspiring words for everyone.

I'm sorry to hear you lost it in public, although it isn't nice I'm sure it did you alot of good getting things off your chest. I am sure no one would hold it against you if they knew what you are going through.

MummyLip - I hope you DH manages to get the early flight home so you two can get through this together. What is SANDS and what is their number? I'm glad to hear speaking to one of them has helped you, is it an Australian wide thing?

Angelbub - Sorry for your loss' and thanksfor your post. It's nice to hear from someone a little further down the track that has gone through the same thing. Your words are very much appreciated.

AFM - Horrible nights sleep yet again. 7 days until my next U/S to see whats happening down there. I am really dreading hearing the words, I hope I can hold it together infront of people.

I am unsure if I should get a D&C or just let it happen naturally. If it would just happen I would prefer natural. My scan showed bub at 4wks 5 days when I was 6wks 2 days so if bleeding hasn't increased by scan day it would have been 3 weeks. I don't want to be waiting around for another few weeks. I hate knowing it's still inside me... dead (as harsh as that sounds) but am also very scared of a D&C if something went wrong to lower my fertility. Any opinions would be great, I have a few days to decide but I want to be 100% sure by next weekend.

Last weekend we met our friends newborn (1 week old), we thought I was still pregnant then, I don't know how I'm going to handle it next time I meet him. It's even hard to watch babies/pregnant people on TV!!

Sending 's and strength to all of you xoxoxo
    Last edited by Autumnlove; 30-05-2011 at 10:23.

MrsHunidue is offline A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    how long did you all bleed for??

My previous have been between a week and 10 days.

I started to miscarry on friday.... I stopped bleeding last night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry to find all the new names here, i am sorry for your loss

You are all strong women and i know we can all get through this together!

AFM - I had my check up with my OB the other week. Found out that i should have gone to him earlier as i was still bleeding 6 weeks after my D&C. The OB did a scan, found something in my fallopian tube. Sent me for another ultrasound and blood test. Found out that i had a second baby in my fallopian tube. I was carrying Twins . I am now on some other medication and i stopped the bleeding in 6 hours. I now have to wait until i get my AF to TTC.

I am also wanting to fall pregnant as soon as we can. Like a few of you, i would like to be pregnant and happly baking my new bub when my due date of the twins comes around. But i am like so many of you terrified of the What If's!

I have been taking it all in that i was carring twins and dealing with it not too bad. I have been a lot stronger than i thought!

A way for both DH and myself to remember our Angle Baby (now babies), we planted a white miniture rose bush in a nice big pot in the backyard about two weeks after our loss. It is reminder off our loss, but it is somewhere that DH and myself can remember what we had and that we will never forget out lost little ones.

Also SANDS Australia stands for Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Newborn Death Support. Google them, they have a website.

I wish you all strength and lots of for you all TTC when your time comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PA80: Was wondering how you were going the other day. Thoughts are with you xo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY For This Useful Post:

PA80  (31-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Upsanddowns - So sorry to hear there was another bub that didn't make it. Must be so hard when you are only just getting your head around the idea of losing one. Hope now they have found what's causing the prolonged bleeding that it all settles fast so you can start TTC again.

I was also thinking about ways that we could remember our angle, I love the idea of planting something.

AFM - DH spoke to me again last night about wanting TTC as soon as we can, I think I will be brave and try as soon as we get the green light from Doc.

I havn't had any bleeding or cramping since Sunday, I don't know how to feel about it. It's very hard to not listen to the little voice in my heart wondering if some how a miracle happened, but my head knows it's probably just a missed misscarriage. All pregnancy symptoms are now gone.

For those who plan to TTC again, do you plan to go about it any differently? I think I am going to try to 'ignore' it for as long as I can. I want to try put off testing and I will certainly not be telling anyone this time. I found out at day 26 last time and so it seemed to take forever just to get to the 6week mark.

xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Autumnlove For This Useful Post:

upsanddowns  (02-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It makes me so sad there are so many familiar names in here but I take comfort in knowing we are all here for each other.

For those who don't know my background (not sure who is in the other support thread also) we lost our baby and had a natural miscarriage at Easter between 19-22nd of April. It was heart breaking I cried so much and it still hurts today xo Bleed heavy until it stopped on 2nd of May. I ovulated this month, now am awaiting AF to show. Am normally so regular its weird not knowing when she is going to show. We TTC this month with the doctor's ok. I thought maybe with AF being late we were UTD. Went for blood test and got results on Thursday HCG 2. Was a bit sad about that. Body hormones are all over the place. No sign of AF, So sore (.)(.) to the point where if I accidently brush against something it's soo painful, never experienced this before. Also nipple colour changed the teat is red and the circle bit has changed to a light brownish colour with long green vains through my (.)(.) Has anyone else had similar experiences?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BEAUTIFULBUTTERFLY For This Useful Post:

MummyLip  (01-06-2011)

MrsHunidue is offline A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BeautifulButterfly - Sorry to hear of your lossi cannot imagine how difficult it must have been trying to celebrate easter at the same time Good luck TTC I hope you get the results you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnlove View Post
    Upsanddowns - So sorry to hear there was another bub that didn't make it. Must be so hard when you are only just getting your head around the idea of losing one. Hope now they have found what's causing the prolonged bleeding that it all settles fast so you can start TTC again.

I was also thinking about ways that we could remember our angle, I love the idea of planting something.

AFM - DH spoke to me again last night about wanting TTC as soon as we can, I think I will be brave and try as soon as we get the green light from Doc.

I havn't had any bleeding or cramping since Sunday, I don't know how to feel about it. It's very hard to not listen to the little voice in my heart wondering if some how a miracle happened, but my head knows it's probably just a missed misscarriage. All pregnancy symptoms are now gone.

For those who plan to TTC again, do you plan to go about it any differently? I think I am going to try to 'ignore' it for as long as I can. I want to try put off testing and I will certainly not be telling anyone this time. I found out at day 26 last time and so it seemed to take forever just to get to the 6week mark.

xxx
    TTC again, I really pray it works for you this time xoxo
    As for the bleeding, I also stopped bleeding sunday. I have just been to the doctor this morning but will discuss that in a minute.(p.s have you spoken to anyone about your lack of bleeding???)
    I think its a good idea trying to "ignore" it for as long as you can with TTC this time.... I would love to try the same approach but unfortunately with my Osteoporosis and DDD I need to find out asap so i can adjust my pain management.
    But i do hope to be joing you in a TTC thread soon and then in a Due date thread. xoxo

AFM: Well I had an appointment with my GP this morning..... I took in ALL of my positive tests to show her and she reassured me that she didnt think I was crazy and that she knows i "was" pregnant. She felt my tummy and asked about my bleeding - when i told her I only bled for 2 days she looked worried. I said I had passed clots. She wants me to have another blood test tomorrow and then she is calling me in for an internal exam, maybe another US to determine if I need a D&C... God i hope i dont....
    As for TTC - I have been off ALL pain control for 4 weeks now (due to me suspecting pregnancy and then getting positive tests) so im finding it hard to cope. I dont want to go onto pain relief incase i fall pregnant again as my medication may have assisted in me losing this bub... BUT in saying that i dont want to be constantly feeling ill from pain. Argh its a lose lose for me.
    I would Like to be UTD again before bubs due date (being the 27th January 2012) But Im not sure... DH works away alot so I cannot really have a baby between May and start of January... So really if Im not pregnant in 8 weeks, I cannot fall again until next year

I am still not 100% sure on how soon i want to concieve again yet... I think, it will take a lot for me to get my head around the whole fact that i got a "YES IM PREGNANT" on friday morning at 9am and then by 10:30am (an hour 1/2 later) I got the "You are having a miscarriage"... Going from extreme excited to shattered in less than 2 hours...

I just want to cry all the time, but Im not because of the kids, I dont want my son to worry about me. Though he had heard me talking with DH and saw me crying and later asked "Mum, you had a baby in your tummy didnt you?" I nodded and he said "The baby is dead now isnt it?" I nodded and went to hug him and he said "DOnt worry mum, my uncle matthew will look after the baby for you in heaven. God has lots of little kids up there for it to play with!"...... For 6, he is so wise, so caring and just such a beautiful soul. He always manages to bring a smile to my face no matter how tough things are xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Beautifulbutterfly sorry to see you here. I'v only heard of those type of symptoms from being UTD FX for you that's the case. If not I wish you luck for next month, it's a great sign your ovulated this month.

MrsH - I'm glad to hear the Doc believes you now, I was shocked when you said about the phone call saying you wern't pregnant.

Sounds like you have a hard decison to make about TTC vs going back on your pain meds. I hope if you do start TTC again soon that you manage to fall within the next 8 weeks so it suits you and your DH.

Your son brought a tear to my eye! What he said was so sad but so very sweet. I hope you find each day just a little easier to get through.

My GP called me today to see how I went over the weekend. I told him that I havn't had cramping or bleeding since Sunday and that I only had the one day of red blood and even then it wasn't a huge amount. He says this is a good sign and to keep my FX??

I didn't think there was hope, now I'm confused. I'm obviously very happy to hear there could be a small chance for us but am also very scared to get my hopes up for nothing. We had already started the greiving process, I don't know how to feel now. I'm sorry if it ends up I am in the wrong thread if things turn around for us.