ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_cakesau View Post
    well i couldnt wait til wed so i went and asked the doc for a blood test yesty he asked for it to come back urgent and just called me with the results my hcg has risen from 21 to 132 so thats thursday to monday thats well and truly more than doubled but he said thats still low i will have another test wed and i am having a scan today the doc is worried about eptopic pregnancy im really scared i wish things could just be simple
    i don't want to get your hopes up but my sister had 3 HCG tests cos her levels were dropping early on. she's now at 27weeks and all is good. for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musicalmummy View Post
    i also hate that people class it as a miscarriage, even though you were induced to give birth. to me i gave birth to a sleeping baby, i didn't have a miscarriage.
    Ditto!

And you know when I asked about what the do's and don'ts were afterwards the OB just said "oh just pick up the list at my rooms on the way out". When I did that it was headed "miscarriage/post-op curette care". Yes I DID have a curette, afterwards, because the placenta broke up and wouldn't come, but I gave birth first. I know it was short and they were tiny but it was still birth.

We struggled in the first week but now have decided to try again asap. So is that 2-3 weeks like for a curette or 6 weeks like a birth that we should hold off to prevent infection? I was told years ago that you were most fertile straight after a pregnancy when your hormones are all charged up. Pre-pregnancy I always had long 6-10 weeks cycles so if I wait to go back to that I fear it will take a long time to get pregnant.

So much for info from the OB...

Thanks
    Reviews
    it sounds like you had a very horrible experience. big hugs for you. i have to admit the hospital were very kind and supportive for me. we are going to wait for test results to come back before we try again. jsut in case it was anything caused by us. if it was then thats it for us as i can't take the risk and go through that again.we find out in 6 weeks what the tests say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to all you ladies that have found their way in this thread...BGBG, MamaLlama and musicalmummy. angel_cakesaus that all is good with your pregnancy, I hope its not an ectopic. Mind you with my ectopic it was very painful and I found out on the 6th week, signs to watch for are pain on your left or right side, shoulder pain, vomiting etc.

Well I was due to start back at work yesterday (after M/C) and couldnt do it, nor can I do today. I am now aiming for tomorrow. I went and told DH I couldnt do it today and he almost gave me a dirty look....which ended in a flood of tears by me and a very confused DH who believes that being at work would be better than sitting at home...my hormones feel like they are raging and on Sunday I had my first real melt down crying day...so am I ready? No. Dont get me wrong he has been wonderful but I told him he had no idea what I am feeling or thinking and he agreed! So tomorrow with full intent I will be back at work again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hate even going to the shops in case i bump into someone i know, let alone trying to go to work. you'll know when you are ready, be kind to yourself

XavysMummy is offline My boy Xavier...worth the 3.5yr wait...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by boygirlboygirl View Post
    I hope you have room for one more here.

I just found out today that my 9 week old fetus died on the weekend. We had a scan last Thu and although it was small for dates, we saw the heartbeat. There was no heartbeat today.

I feel like I better not cry too much or I'll never stop. I feel as though my slightly rounded tummy is a betrayal. How long will it take to go down? I also feel as though the constant nausea and increasing pregnancy symptoms were further betrayals by my body. Why couldn't it give me a hint that something was not right and stop acting pregnant.

My lovely obgyn is giving me a d&c first thing in the morning. At least I'm in good hands.
    I'm so sorry to see you in here BGBG...

Thanks
    Reviews
    is anyone telling people?i've decided to tell my close friends myself and soon cos i don't want to string them along thinking i'm preg still and make it awkward not only for them but me to. as for unclose friends i'l ask my other friends to tell them, and people who live far away DH can ring as i can't do it over the phone. i think crying about it helps, and telling harry's story helps for me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by musicalmummy View Post
    it sounds like you had a very horrible experience. big hugs for you. i have to admit the hospital were very kind and supportive for me. we are going to wait for test results to come back before we try again. jsut in case it was anything caused by us. if it was then thats it for us as i can't take the risk and go through that again.we find out in 6 weeks what the tests say.
    Good luck musicalmummy, I'm sure its just random, most miscarriages are. We didn't get any testing because we knew they were monoamniotic twins and at high risk of cord entanglement and when they were born that's exactly what it appeared to be. They had to cut the cord of twin #1 to get twin #2 out. They might or might not have had other problems like heart defects or something, but since that kind of twin is at 7x the risk for that, it wouldn't normally mean higher risk for next time.

We buried our little ones today. I have to say that I had resisted getting a funeral director because of the cost and losing control but in the end it was better that my Mum persuaded me to get one. For one thing we had to postpone the funeral from Friday until today (due to a paperwork stuffup by the OB), and we could never have kept them at home or at the hospital until today. Second, they took care of all the transport, and painful logistical stuff like making sure the little painted box was ok to be their casket and that the lid was tacked down without looking like it was. Without them we'd never have been able to do that on our own.

Since our babies were born last Monday, I was afraid to say goodbye to them at the funeral directors today, as they can't stop them from changing appearance, even with proper facilities. But I was relieved today, despite their colour fading and a little bit of blood oozing onto their blanket in a couple of spots, they looked just the same as when I left the hospy on Tuesday last week.

And it was a much more peaceful, meaningful goodbye than at the hospy when we felt rushed to get out of the labour ward, and I was still spaced out on the post-general anaesthetic recovery. We had had time to get some things for them, like a picture by our son, and some religious things and a little card from us with a stamp imprint of a koala that is one of our son's favourite things (the stamper that is).

After that I felt I'd said goodbye, and at the grave it was more like giving them respect.

Sorry have to go now, DS wants to play ball (at this time of night, yes!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats lovely mamallama. i was a bit scared to look at harry only 3 days after i saw him but he was only a bit of a different colour. he's in teh shed fridge til tomorrow. i checked him again today and still the same. we are burying him tomorrow, but on our own. we wanted it doen at home, but in a pot ( i bought a half wine abrrel) cos we know we won't live here forever. i know it will be the saddest day of my life so far. but at least i can say a proper good bye.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default a bit mad

i chat daily with a friend on msn. she's about 50 i think, a foster parent. she's known everything thats happened and i started talking openly to her about how i was feeling. this morning she tells me a story about her DH who is a minister who had to go up to the hospital last night ( a similar situation to us girls here but further but i won't go into details). i thought it very insensitive of her to do this esp knowing how i've been feeling. its like rubbing my face in it, or trying to assure me that my situation could've been worse. i haven't said anythign to her because i am jsut so upset that she's done this.

on a positive note, i was able to sleep a bit better last night. maybe it was all the panadol i'd had through the day that helped?still dizzy today though so going to try see a dr as i think i may have an infection