Closed Thread
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Liz1984 - so so sorry for your loss. It has been just under 6 wks since we lost our little girl. I had a missed m/c at 15 wks and was induced. I just had to have a d&c yesterday as I have been bleeding ever since. It's been such a hard road. I feel for you so much, esp remembering where I was at at the beginning.

With the questions, could your partner or a family member perhaps call if you don't feel you are up to it. Hopefully they can do some testing or they may have already done some around the sex that you could find out.

My thoughts are with you xxx

Trulyblessed - hope you are doing ok. Time is a difficult thing

Thee - Congrats for your friend - hopefully the pregnancy bug is catching and you will be UTD asap with a playmate!

AFM - still finding it very up and down but feeling a lot more human now and able to function. I still stop and think a lot about our little one and what should have been. I should be 21 wks today. The physical stuff has been a constant reminder with full-on bleeding that wasn't getting any better. I had a d&c yesterday for that reason - almost 6 wks after it all happened. Trying to throw myself into selling our house and doing my tax at the moment - distraction!

Keep well everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's been 8 weeks and 3 days since my angel left me. I still get flashbacks of the image of my empty womb on the scanner at my doctor's office that day. How I carried him home in the tub. My little one with tiny fingers and toes and delicate transparent skin. How I made him his burial envelope and sack overnight. How we buried him in the garden the next morning. How much I want him to be still with us. How much I want to be glowing and showing off my bulging belly. How much I long to hold him in my arms.

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day
    http://www.october15th.com/ideas-suggestions.htm

ETA: I feel sorry for those who had a bad medical experience during their pregnancy loss. I was fortunate that my doctor and people he works with were all compassionate and handled the situation very well. (I miscarried in his rooms, blood all over the bed etc, his waiting room was absolutely full when I finally came out). I suppose being in the medical field myself helps, as I understood the process and the procedures/protocols that they follow. The confusion and lack of information for some people must add to the distress in a already traumatic event.
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 15-10-2009 at 10:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Liz, I have been off this site for a few weeks as I am recovering from the very thing you are. I also had a missed miscarriage, although mine was at 11 weeks.

It does get easier. I had my D&C three weeks ago now. I still cry most days but in a different way. Let yourself grieve over this loss and dont belittle it. It is impossibly hard but try and focus on the things that make you happy.

Everyday gets easier i promise

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    October 15th is the world wide Pregnancy & Infant loss day.

I have lit candles in remembrance.

Will share a pic later if you guys want me to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you lovely ladies for responding

I am feeling ok today - although yesterday I was a mess. We will be making a herb garden over the weekend to remember our little "Pip".

I am still sad. I don't ever imagine not feeling this way. Despite only having our little Pip for such a short time, I think I will always feel like that was our first baby.

Sorry no personals, next time.

Thank you again,

Liz

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving Forward... Sooner than expected

Hi Everyone,

To all who have posted since my last msg, my heart & sincerest sympathies go out to all of you. This is the one place that I found some acceptance & understanding of how I was feeling when I lost our baby at 10 1/2 wks on 2/10. Say whatever you need to here, we all understand.

AFM - just an update. Even though I still am devastated & know I will never forget my angels that I have lost this year, I know have no choice but to look toward the future. I found out today that 6wks & 2 days after my D&C, I am expecting again. Not sure how to feel though. Find I just can't get excited at all because the fear of losing this one too. I just don't think I could cope with losing 3 in 6 months, 2 was hard enough.

I know this news may upset some of you, and I am sorry for that, but hopefully some of you may be able to help me work out how to get through the first trimester without so much worry about losing my baby.

Thanks everyone, you have all been a rock for me the past 2 months...

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    2BB - I just wanted to say congratulations on your new pregnancy. In regards to how to get you to stop worrying. I'm sorry to tell you this but I can't help you there. I still continued to worry about my pregnancies well after the first trimester. For me it was always a countdown until I got to hold my baby. Losing a baby takes with it all the innocence we should be allowed to have while pregnant. So in saying that. I also regret wishing my pregnancy away. So my best piece of advise would be to enjoy this pregnancy the best you can & take it one day at a time. Have no regrets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    2BB congratulations! Please feel free to come join us in the pregnancy after miscarriage chat thread as well

I guess I don't come in here alot at the moment, I'm so tired all the time but thats a good thing

I have been thinking about my boys a bit lately and I can't help but wonder why is it that this baby is sticking and growing so simply when the others had such hideous complications! I do get sad thinking about them, but at the same time I am in awe of my pregnant body now that I'm finnally at a stage that I can accept the pregnancy, and I know that you guys are going to get to this point too!

I guess I just wanted to share some hope, but also reassure you that pain and grief is OK, and even when you have something so positive I don't think we can ever forget our experiences and angels.

So lots and lots of love and support to all you wonderful, and strong and amazing ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone...
    This might seem like a strange question, but has anyone feel like they have had a change of personality at all since their m/c?
    I do.
    I used to be a really upbeat optimistic person. But now I have to fight negativity about everything really hard. I quit my job after my last m/c cos I couldnt handle it any more. Then when I was at home I was depressed because I didnt have a job and couldnt find one and 'nothing was going right'.
    Now I have a job again and I just hate the whole thing.
    I feel like running away and starting all over again.
    If it wasn't for having a mortgage and a fixed term I would.
    I am wondering is this to do with hormonal things with the m/c still? Or have I just turned into some kind of whinger?
    After the last one I totally isolated myself. I used to be a person with heaps of friends, now I don't have any apart from people I email who I used to know who are on the other side of the world and are therefore 'safe'.
    It's my fault, I was the one who stopped contacting people. The worst part is I don't regret it yet. I feel like its too painful to have friends, and I feel like because I'm not the person I was, they wouldnt like me any more anyway.
    Who wants a friend who is constantly negative, I think to myself. Now its too late, I've lost everyone. And I don't even care, which bothers me.
    How did such a happy girl turn into such a bitter and twisted old woman?
    Anyway it just occurred to me that maybe the m/c might have had something to do with it... so I thought I would ask you girls...
    Sorry for the negative post, and congratulations on all you girls who are now pregnant too! thank goodness I can still be happy for others, that's one thing that hasn't gone away, I don't want others to be miserable just cos I am, etc ... which I am very glad for.
    xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sweet pea I'd say what your experiencing is what all of us have felt at some point in time. Please know you are not alone & we all deal with our grief differently.

Have you thought about chatting to your local GP about how your feeling. They might be able to suggest a way to help you start feeling better.

No one fully understands what we go through having a m/c (in my case this time around a stillborn) unless they have been there themselves.

When we lose a baby we lose with it the innocence of pregnancy as well as all our hopes & dreams that we have for this child.

Sending you my love hun this is not an easy road to walk.

If you need someone to talk to please feel free to pm me.