ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We lost our bub today.

I had a little bleeding on Sunday but convinced myself it was normal but thought i better see the dr anyway. She sent me for a blood test and u/s. I got the results on Tues where i was pretty much told i was no longer pg.

The dr was so uncaring and just patted my leg and said i was young and it will happen again. The silly woman didn't even offer me a tissue as i bawled my eyes out. She certainly didn't warn me about anything to come.

Well the baby actually came out today (sorry if TMI) and now i just feel numb. I want to try again but am so scared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear 1stTimeBump,

I am so sorry for your loss, hugs too you.

I'm so upset to hear that your Dr was so uncareing and did not offer you the support you needed.

The numbness is perfectly normal, for me it took a couple of days until this wore off, but this can be different for all of us. When the numbness wares off and if you need extra support we are here for you if you need talk / rant etc.

Lots of love xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear 1st time bump,

I'm so so so sorry that you have gone through this. Pls know that although it may feel like it, you are not alone and what you are going through is so hard but it is normal to feel numb.

I had a lot of numbness in the first week - I would go between extreme emotion to total numbness. It's how our mind protects itself in a way. It is overwhelmed with emotion and it sort of shuts down for a while to protect us and let us have a bit of down time between those extreme emotions.

It's been just over two weeks and I'm finding the numbness is not there very much anymore. The emotions definitely are but I'm feeling a bit stronger than before. It's still very up and down.

I'm sorry you had a bad dr experience. It makes it that much harder. Some ppl just have no clue on how to help or show empathy. Trust me, there's some in every profession, even the helping professions. As Una said, pls let it out here if you feel like it, ppl are here to listen to each other, tell their stories and support each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry this has happened to you.Some docter's need to go back to school and learn some basic interpersonal and humanity skills. i hope you are o.k and am glad you have found this support group as it has helped me deal with my loss and i have met such brilliant amazing women who can give you the support that often is not offered in our current medical system.xoxofrannikins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I'm sad to say I need to join you....we lost bub no.3 on the 4.9.09 at 6 wks. I had just had my pregnancy confirmed when everything started to go wrong. The next day was DS fourth birthday party and the weekend was filled with family and friends who didn't know we were TTC so I didn't say anything. I was so sore, but held it together. Somehow my DS thought he was getting a baby brother or sister in mummy's tummy for his birthday (I dont know if he overheard us talking or something...we hadn't told the kids as they are still young) but he keeps mentioning it - when will we be able to see the baby in your tummy mummy? when I tried to explain that there wasn't a baby, he started nagging DH to put a baby in there already!! Because everything was so busy I kept going through the motions but now that it is all over it has hit me like a tonne of bricks. I feel so teary all the time....and everywhere I look there are pregnant, smiling women or brand new babies.....all the major department stores have baby wear on sale at the moment.....its all just so unfair

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been 2 months now since I lost Abby and I had been pretty ok up until yesterday when I started crying for no particular reason. I'd had a teddy bear made after I lost bubs with her name and the dates on there and I laid in bed last night cuddling my teddy and bawling my eyes out.

So much has happened since I lost bubs. It's like my whole world was turned upside down. My partner of 3.5 years and I decided to call it quits and then he decided he wanted to have the kids for a week every 3 weeks so all of a sudden I don't see my kids for a week as well. (probably wrong area to be writing but it all stemmed from losing bubs and I have this need to rant) Life is slowly getting on top of me

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi guys I'm new to this section & really floundering away with emotions & everything

We found out Thursday last week at an ante natal appointment that our baby had passed away in the previous few days.

I was induced Friday morning & Friday night at 7.35pm we welcomed our darling son Jacob Connor into the world born sleeping & too precious for this world.

I am so lost & leaving hospital without him was the worst thing I've ever had to do.

We have Jacob's funeral tomorrow & I don't know how I'm going to cope. The last couple of days I really haven't had a chance to think about everything as I was readmitted to hospital for a dnc due to retained placenta.

All I do know is that I really want my baby boy back.

Amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I just hate it when a new person joins this thread. As much as you all are wonderful and I love you all, it breaks my heart to see so many others having to go through this devastating ordeal.

Much love to you all, stay strong and never be afraid to have a good cry. Sometimes it is great just to let out that negative energy.

Truly Blessed - my heart goes out to you especially for tomorrow to keep you strong at Jacob's funeral. Big hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Shaz and Trulyblessed - It's so sad to hear your stories.

Shaz - I know how difficult it can be with other kids having some knowledge of what's going on. My daughter is 9 and was really excited about the pregnancy and told all her school friends. Then when I was in hospital it was very stressful for her. Then of course, we had to give her the sad news and she wasn't sure how to express her feelings I think. Poor thing had to let her school friends know - which we did with her teacher's help. She was able to really cry at the ceremony which was a good release for her. So difficult for you.

Trulyblessed - your story sounds so similar to mine. I found out that our little girl had passed away at a normal ob appt and then had to be induced. It was heart wrenching but giving birth to our little girl is something I'll never forget and will always cherish that connection with her. I feel for you. It's been three wks exactly today since we lost her. It's been such a difficult time and I've started feeling human again but still up and down. Went back to work yesterday - was very emotional.

We had our ceremony last week and it was so beautiful and we were able to do whatever we wanted so it was really personal and lovely. It did help though. We took photos of her resting place. If you don't mind me asking, how far along were you? I was 15 wks at the time, I should be 18 wks today.

I'm so sorry you had to be readmitted. I was worried I might have to do the same and am still bleeding.

My thoughts are with you tomorrow.

AFM - as I mentioned second day back at work today. Better today but yesterday was horrible. Everyone at work was great but I found it really hard coming back and seeing everything how I had left it before all this happened and I was happily pregnant. Still feeling a bit crap physically. I developed an infection after it all happened. My hcg levels are at 78 currently so hopefully the bleeding will get better. Feeling stronger emotionally and have been smiling more. Trying to see Isolde's beauty in all of the beautiful things around me.

Hugs to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa68 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear your news . All my miscarriages except the last one were missed miscarriages too.

You have picked a good thread to chat in - we have all been through the same thing in various ways...you have all our support so feel free to offload anytime.

I wish you all the best today and hope that you recover quickly from the D&C. Give yourself the time you need to grieve and by all means rant and rave!
    Thank you very much for the lovely heart felt welcome.

I am so sad to see so many other ladies have had to join this thread since I was on here last... I am so sorry to you all for your losses ..

I actually havent been able to bring myself to log onto bub hub since I first posted in this thread... its been 31 days today since my D&C.

Some days I think I am back to normal and coping really well then I have moments like tonight where I just dont cope at all.

I still dont have my AF back which for me is a huge worry cause I have had massive troubles with my cycles in the past and I was finally sitting on a perfect 28 day one before i fell pregnant this time round....I just keep thinking if I cant be pregnant cant I at least be normal

I am so glad I have found a place to chat, the rest of the world has forgotten my angel by now and in here I know I can keep that memory alive without been seen to be not letting go IYKWIM
    Quote Originally Posted by Una View Post
    Dear Eloise&Charlie'sMum,

I am so sorry to hear your news, I hope that tomorrow goes as well as possible for you

I hope that you find the forum a comfort, I must say I have over the last two weeks, everyone on here is so lovely and supportive.

I would like to send you some hugs and love xx