ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sassy, I'm SO sorry you had to go through that. Having to keep it together at the wedding would have been so hard. It would have been just awful being surrounded by all those heavily pregnant women. I know how you feel. I found out I was pregnant on the same day as a friend of mine and we were also due within days of each other. I have since miscarried (yesterday) my bub and hers continues to grow. Its so hard. My thoughts are with you.

I miscarried my baby early (5 weeks). Not exactly sure what happened but the most likely reason is just that it stopped growing in there. My HCG level at 5 weeks was the same as a 1-2 week pregnancy apparently.

My issue is that because I wasn't very far along I feel unjustified in my grief. I feel like I don't have a right to cry if that makes sense. I don't have to have a D&C coz it was so early. I've just expelled it naturally.....and its awful.

Its weird because I only knew I was pregnant for just over a week, but I invested in the baby so much in that time. Its like as soon as I found out I was pregnant I started making plans with DH, getting out my maternity clothes deciding what we'd do with the house etc and now its been ripped from me.

I'm hoping by posting in here, there is someone out there who can tell me I'm not crazy for already caring for and loving someone who I never met and only existed for a week or so. I'm so emotionally drained at the moment.

My best friend said 'at least it happened now and not later, not that its good at all'. So, she did acknowledge my feelings, but there was also the hint of 'well it wasn't very old so its not as bad'. Is it ok that it IS as bad? I really wanted this baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nan - there is nothing wrong with grieving for an early miscarriage. It still represents all the hopes and dreams you had for that baby. Your body and heart still develop an attachment to the baby you started to grow. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't grieve.

Thanks for your kind words. Someone said to me today that my baby was never actually a baby. They said it was like starting to bake a cake but then taking it out of the oven before it baked so it was just the beginnings of what would have been a cake. I found this hard to fathom because I saw my baby and I saw its strong heartbeat. Yes, it wasn't very developed but it still was my baby and I can't think any differently about it. This person told me it is unhealthy for me to think that what was inside me was a baby and I should just think of it as cells etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    firstly big to all that have posted since I was last here, it is horrilbe what has happened to you all and my essage to all is take the time to grieve. I am truly sorry for what has happened.
    AFM I am still trying to get my head around what happened ( i m/c 6 wks ago) and I am still hating the world. I just want to get on with life and start ttc but I don't kniw if I can. Just went to the docs as I am still spotting on and off and the receptionist gave me the scans that I had done the day before I lost bubs, couldn't bring myself to look at them because they would have had the heart rate on them(yes we saw the babies heartbeat te day before the m/c how unfair is that?), I still dream aout seeing my baby lying on my bathroom floor surrounded by soo much blood, I just can't get these pictures out of my head.
    How am I supposed to ttc when I can't forget? I am sorry if my post has upset anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSerenity View Post
    I'm also going through a miscarriage at the moment too

It's the most awful feeling isn't it?

I'm over the constant reminder when I go to the toilet, not to mention the terrible tummy pain

Me too. I'm almost at 10 weeks and started bleeding lightly three days ago. My OB and GP both told me it was normal and not to worry, but I just had a feeling. When the bleeding got heavier yesterday I made my GP refer me for an ultrasound, which found my baby was the size of a 6 week old foetus and there was no detectable heartbeat. That was my first ever ultrasound. I was hoping it would be an exciting and joyful experience, and instead it gave me some of the worst news of my life.

My GP wants to repeat the US in a week to be certain we didn't just screw up the conception date, but considering I tested positive five weeks ago, it's highly unlikely. Plus I'm still bleeding and I don't feel pregnant anymore. I just feel empty.

I'm having mild cramps now too, and the bleeding has continued, so now I'm just sitting here waiting. This just basically sucks.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I just wanted to send some love to everyone.

bjk- not TMI. It's what you're going through, and we're here to support each other. I truly can't imagine what you are going through having never been through something as traumatic, and I hope I never do, but I can offer you some hope.

Even though I'm never going to forget my first pregnancy, or my twins, and the whirlpool of emotions that came with them and their complications, I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and I can feel my baby moving inside me. It is possible to want to TTC again, and to be excited and happy about a new baby on the way, but it takes time. You need to be ready in your own time.

Welcome Meatpopsicle. I don't like having new people join us but at the same time I'm glad you've found somewhere for support It gets to a point where we are all over the waiting game. Hopefully you don't destroy anything in your waiting time (DH still refuses to mention our poor bin and what I did to it )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Izy, that really helps.

letsbepositive is offline Please please pretty please can we have another baby
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Meatpopsicle sorry to hear what you are going through. We are all here to listen and offer some comfort by sharing our stories.

to everyone else who has recently joined this thread.

LBP
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I've been reading this thread for the past couple of days and trying to put off posting anything. I think in my head that if I did then I really need to face the fact that my darling baby is not with me any more.

Two weeks today I had my D&C, my darling Michael was going to be our first born. Had some spotting the weekend before and popped to my OB just to get it checked. Didn't think any thing of it as I had felt bub move for the first time and was feeling really great.
    Went for a scan that morning and they told me he was dead. No heart beat. OB was great and booked me in for a D&C the next day. Managed to drive home (don't ask me how) and collapsed into DH arms.

Unfortunatly, I went into labour during the night (I believe that my head now knew what my body was trying to tell it), they were not too bad at this point (nothing a good painkiller couldn't handle), but when they popped the tablets in to start the D&C that truely started 4.5 hours of the worst pain of my life to date. DH was there the whole time and scrapped me down off the ceiling during the contractions.

I think I've been numb to everything since, very matter of fact and trying to just get on with everything but today its really starting to hit me that this has happened. I'm really trying to start positive, even tested myself on Sunday, close friends had a little girl and went to see her (only 7 days old and so beautiful it made my heart break). Mananged to hold her for some time without crying which felt like I was making headway with all of these emotions. I'm just so confused and upset today. I feel like I should frame the word 'unfair' and pop it up on the wall, its the only word that I keep coming back to. DH feels guilt as he hasn't cried yet and but I know he's hurting inside.

Every fibre of my body wants to be pregnant again, and I can feel myself ovulating (dull ache in my side) I've been 'huggin' DH but I'm so worried if I do get pregnant is it to early? will I m/c again? I just couldn't contemplate going through this again. But just don't want to wait another month before we start trying.

I have so may thoughts running around in my head at the moment, I feel like I'm going crazy.
    Last edited by Una; 25-08-2009 at 23:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Una. I am so sorry for your loss, physical and emotional pain.

I think only you and DH can decide when to start TTC again. My AF didnt show up until 5 weeks after my D&C - I was testing with OPK's during that time and had 7 days worth of false positives - so I couldnt really say when I was ovulating.

Whenever you decide to TTC again, I wish you all the best in having a sticky bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Theresa68, and to everyone else in here, here's some love

As I mentioned above I still cant believe this has happended to me. This being my first it never even occured to me that 8 months after getting that positive result that I won't have a baby in my arms. I as so shocked that its something like 1 in 4 don't make it. How was it I never knew this Ever since the bad news so many friends and family are coming out of the wood work and putting their hands up to say its happened to them. Why do women not talk about this more? (we talk about everything else!! ).

Sorry I know I'm going on, but I've got my angry head on today, anyone else having the wild mood swings? (Crying/angry etc?) Poor DH is getting whiplash from my moods...

Shouldn't really laugh about it but my humour has gone really dark since the news, oh well if you can't laugh then you might has well cry.

Love to you all xxxxx