+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any success stories with 3 cell embryo?

I know I should obsess about such things and should just hope for the best. But I have always done blastocyst transfers until just recently.

On Saturday, I had a 3 cell embryo transferred on day 2. I think it should have been 4 cells to be on time. The embryo was 2 cells when the embryologist checked 1st thing that morning and had divided into 3 cells at the time of the transfer which was only a couple hours later.

Am trying not to think too much about it, but every now and then it plays on my mind. I thought if I could find some success stories from others in similar situations it might help me to feel more positive.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never - I've been thinking the same thing! I assumed I would have a blast transfered too. I'm sure your little day 2er was/is right on track.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi NGU

Don't stress, I have a beautiful 5yr old son from a day 2 embie, not sure how many cells he was when he went back but it does work, infact i am going back to having day 2 embies put back this cycle (16/7) i start again. I also got pregnant on another day 2 embie but sadly lost it. Since then my FS has been growing my embies for 5 days with no success, he did tell me however that some women just have no luck growing them for that long and that the embies always do better being back in mum earlier (like me).....good luck though, i wish you all the very best and hope you get your BFP very very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amum, I'm so relieved you posted a success story. Was begining to wonder if there was anyone out there. I hope this little one sticks, they did try a few different things this time. Am on 14mg prednisolone and started the cycle with antibotics. Guess time will tell. Am actually starting to rethink the whole day 5 transfer versus the early transfers and agree, it just has to be better off in it's natural environment. I have always wondered if cultering my embryos to blastocyst actually jeapordised their quality in some way or another. Have actually noticed that fragmention only seemed to occur when they were transferred to the blastocyst culture media.

Thanks again.

miss R is offline Be realistic:"expect a miracle"
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    NGU- here you are
    Darl i have everything for you and your little embie.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    NGU - I had a day 2 transfer. There was a 2 cell and 3 cell - but when the time for ET came, the 3 cell had divided into 4, like yours. That cycle was a BFN, but they kept growing the 2 cell and it ended up being a 6 day, A grade blastocyst and I will be doing ET on Wednsday. Just because it was only 2 cells, it seems to have done really well.

So don't count yours out just yet