+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pregnant & greasy hair???

I'm about 11 weeks PG, and the last two times I've washed my hair I've noticed there's a greasy patch on my crown.
    This morning I washed it (2xshampoo 1x conditioner, rinsed about 10 times, because I thought that was the problem last time, that I hadn't rinsed it properly). Still slightly damp when I went to work, just assumed that patch hadn't dried yet. After a couple of hours, realised that nope, it's not wet, it's lank and manky. So this afternoon I rinsed that spot again, thinking maybe it's still got some product in it. Dried it again, and nope, still manky.
    So I washed it again tonight (with a different shampoo and no conditioner this time) and it's slightly better, but STILL manky.
    Last time I washed it, I put a bit of powder on it (I have light hair), and that sort of fixed it a bit.
    It feels oily and stringy and ever so slightly sticky . It's about a 10cm circumference patch. I've been washing my hair for 27 years, so it's not like I've suddenly forgotten how to do it, I paid particular attention to that spot! I have really long thick hair and I don't want to have to wash it every day in winter, it's too cold! I'm going to the hairdresser on Friday to have my hair done for a work do, and I'm embarrassed that they'll think I'm not washing my hair properly.

Is it because I'm pregnant and will it settle down??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My experience when I was pregnant was EVERYTHING is a pregnancy thing.

Dont be embarressed at the hairdressers, I'd ask them about it, see if they can recommend a product maybe?

I do dislike going to the hair dressers sometimes when I'm having 'hair troubles' I went once for a hair cut because I had split ends and the prissy ***** of a dresser repeated announced "OMG your hair is so dry" over and over and over. I paid $80 to be made feel bad about myself! Next time I went to a different hair dressers I told her about the previous hair dresser and she was all smiles and compliments - much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeee View Post
    I'm about 11 weeks PG, and the last two times I've washed my hair I've noticed there's a greasy patch on my crown.
    This morning I washed it (2xshampoo 1x conditioner, rinsed about 10 times, because I thought that was the problem last time, that I hadn't rinsed it properly). Still slightly damp when I went to work, just assumed that patch hadn't dried yet. After a couple of hours, realised that nope, it's not wet, it's lank and manky. So this afternoon I rinsed that spot again, thinking maybe it's still got some product in it. Dried it again, and nope, still manky.
    So I washed it again tonight (with a different shampoo and no conditioner this time) and it's slightly better, but STILL manky.
    Last time I washed it, I put a bit of powder on it (I have light hair), and that sort of fixed it a bit.
    It feels oily and stringy and ever so slightly sticky . It's about a 10cm circumference patch. I've been washing my hair for 27 years, so it's not like I've suddenly forgotten how to do it, I paid particular attention to that spot! I have really long thick hair and I don't want to have to wash it every day in winter, it's too cold! I'm going to the hairdresser on Friday to have my hair done for a work do, and I'm embarrassed that they'll think I'm not washing my hair properly.

Is it because I'm pregnant and will it settle down??
    Read it somewhere before that hair will react differently when pregnant. Found this info: http://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/pregnanc..._changing_body

Hope it helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hair was going through a stage of being greasy and then dry. I started using head and shoulders balance and it's been much better. My scalp and hair both feel cleaner. I still use conditioner as my hair is nearly impossible to brush without it. Good luck and don't feel embarrassed. I'm sure your hairdresser has seen many weird hair situations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    mrsbee......
    get a deep clensing shampoo and that will help strip out the oil in the patch and them make sure u dont put conditioner up at the roots of ur hair especally in that patch....
    there is a dry shampoo spray u can get from pricline and its like a powder and that is awsome i can get an extra 2 days out of a wash when i use it..... i think its kertaine or krestain...something like that.....
    this is what we tell people all the time at work!!!
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, I should have known to ask you!!! Silly me!
    Kloraine? I got some of that yesterday!! Seems to be working quite well, thanks for your help girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my hair has seemed extra greasy lately (i.e. usuallyl I can get away with washing it every other day but now it has to be every day or it looks rank).Must admit, hadnt thought it might be a pg thing but kinda makes sense (I am 11 weeks also)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    mrs bee.....
    thats it!!! kloraine!!!
    i knew it was a k word!!!
    i love it!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the EXACT same thing! Oily patch on my crown that I never had before I was pregnant. I wash my hair twice and changed shampoos and this seemed to help. So bizarre that it is one spot and not your whole head!