+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Westmead Fertility Centre

We are looking at doing our next cycle through Westmead. I have been given the list of doctors and was wondering if anyone has been through Westmead recently that can recommend a doctor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,
    Im currently doing a fet with westmead as we did a full IVF cycle 2 years and got our DD who is now 14mths. I seen Dr Ming Hng who is good but I have heard Dr Soo is good to.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by baikirashero View Post
    We are looking at doing our next cycle through Westmead. I have been given the list of doctors and was wondering if anyone has been through Westmead recently that can recommend a doctor?

Hi Baikirashero,
    I am also attending Westmead IVF Clinic, i had my first appointment on the 5th June and i am currently seeing Dr Lorance Melhem, she is wonderful and makes you feel very comfortable, she takes her times with her appointments and has no problems if you need questions answered, I will be going back to see her on the 17th July, i will be able to start my 1st cycle.
    All the best
    And i would love to hear from you and how you went with Westmead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey all
    just wondering on the costs at westmead

i heard that its quiet cheaper there?

any info would be good

ty
    kaZ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

I've been a patient of Westmead for some years now. I have no problems with them. I am under Dr Howard Smith who basically runs the place. I would definately recommend him. The costs are low compared to other places. Check them out. http://www.westmeadivf.com.au/treatment/costs.html

Don't forget you get a lot back from Medicare.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i go throught WFC and i see DR Smith he is the director of the place, he is pretty good, answers all the questions that i have and i think that he is the only one that bulk bills he appointments which is good(i think you have the pay for the first appointment and then its BBed).

yes WFC is heaps cheaper than other clinic as you dont have to pay separately for the day surgery or the general anaesthesia

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Costs

Quote Originally Posted by kazandsteve View Post
    hey all
    just wondering on the costs at westmead

i heard that its quiet cheaper there?

any info would be good

ty
    kaZ

Hi Kazandsteve,
    If you have alook at the Sticky thread for Price Comparison at the start of the IVF thread i have actually added all the prices etc in there.
    But yes it's alot cheaper that many other IVF Clinics out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, it helps to know that others have had good experiences with Westmead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted people to know that because Westmead are alot cheaper, they have become more popular recently because of the economic downturn. This means that resources seem to be stretched eg. I had to miss out on two cycles before I could start a cycle this time. Its a bit frustrating and I am considering changing because of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaAndToast View Post
    I just wanted people to know that because Westmead are alot cheaper, they have become more popular recently because of the economic downturn. This means that resources seem to be stretched eg. I had to miss out on two cycles before I could start a cycle this time. Its a bit frustrating and I am considering changing because of it.

Wow got me wondering now TeaAndToast why my FS keeps putting me off...
    Maybe they are very stretched cause my FS has put me off for another month which is very stressfull as i am right to go but she keeps sending me each time for another test and another test...
    I wonder if this is why?
    Who are you under TeaAndToast?