+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can anybody recommend a Monash IVF FS?

I'm looking at switching to Monash IVF in Melbourne - at the Clayton or Frankston branch. I'm looking for a fs that takes the time to explain everything and is not afraid to try new things. Can anybody make a recommendation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Baydreaming

Iam with Monash and we see Luk Rombauts @ Richmond but Iam pretty sure that he does consults @ Clayton as well. He is pretty down to earth but as with most Drs you wiould still need to go armed in with your list of questions!!
    We had our 1st cycle @ Clayton and that's where our Frosties are.

Also I am pretty sure that Peter Lutjen is connected with Monash and a consulting Gynae! He did our last transfer and was wonderful!!! Really liked him was very positive and talked throughout the procedure (which made me comfortable) And praised me afterwards for being calm.

Good luck with your quest and keep posting to tell what you decided...Does the monash ivf website list the Drs. available @ each location?????

our 1st transfer was done by Mark Lawrence and I wasnt really impressed...No bedside manner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BayDreaming,

I'm not with either now,but have been with Monash and Melbourne,(as I have been on the ride for 10yrs),

I saw Peter Luten,(the dr the other Lady mentioned),a few yrs ago,found him very nice and could ask him anything.

At Monash at Clayton,also saw Dr bev Vollenhoven,also very very good at her job.Did blood tests that other FS had never done. Shes very conserveitive with her methods I found,she doesn't do it unless its been proven.

I dont like her as much as Peter,but she is very good.

Dr Nick Lagotistgos,(thats not how you spell is surname),
    Hes at clayton to,hes known for getting older women pregnant. Hes the oppisite of Bev in the fact that he trys many things,eg.a few years ago when I saw him,the Colorodo method wasnt used much here in Melb,but Nick was doing it but Bev wouldnt,dont know if she does now or not.

Cant really say much more except that Bev impressed me doing some bloodtests that others had never thought about,and at that stage I had been on IVF for about 5years and had seen a few FS.

All the very best.

(46,single with a 2yr old,her twin brother died,still have some frosties left,trying for a sibling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, I think I'll book Peter or Nick. I've heard good things about both of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am currently using tim sturrock who is fantastic. he is very calm and answers all qns i have. i got preg first cycle with identical twins (much to my and tims surprise) am waiting to c if they are both okay. my sister in law also had tim for her 3 children. highly recommend him if you can get in. his rooms are in brighton and i have been using monash clayton.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dr Nick

Hey Babydreaming,

As you know, I use Dr Nick and have found him really good. Very focussed and candid and switched on. Definitely someone who tries new things and focusses on the possibilities rather than using your age as an excuse for something not working.

He practices at both Clayton and Richmond.

Good luck with whoever you choose.

Mx