+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bbyrmsy is offline Mumma of 2 four legged's with 1 two legged on the way
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm Pregnant and Just Need somewhere to bounce some worries off..:)

Hi All
    I'm 11 1/2 weeks pregnant and wanted to see what others had experienced with a few things....

I've lost over 2kgs in the last two weeks, is that normal? I have my first scan next week and I am really glad for it as I've got this awful 'am I really pregnant' feeling?? Has anyone else experienced that?
    I've also found as I'm getting closer to the scan date I'm starting to worry that maybe everything won't be okay?
    What about that half a glass of champagne I had to celebrate? What about the vitamins I was taking that had a small amount of Vit A in them??

And will my tiredness REALLY go away? Is the second trimester REALLY as good as everyone says?? I am feeling quite down on myself about the lack of social activity I've been able to participate in recently... I even had a free ticket to a PINK concert and couldn't go!!!

if anyone can help ease my mind on any of this I would really appreciate it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    Sounds like a very normal pregnant lady's brain to me, i thought i was reading something about myself when i was preggo .
    I know it all seems surreal doesnt it!! they are all perfectly normal things to feel hun, once you have the ultrasound things will feel 'real'.
    And yes, your tiredness will disappear, but it may still take a few weeks yet.
    your weight loss is strange but not a huge concern, still i would monitor it. Have you had much morning sickness? if so then that would certainly account for the weight loss, but simply changing to a healthier diet for you baby can cause a little weight loss too.

you will be fine

bbyrmsy is offline Mumma of 2 four legged's with 1 two legged on the way
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweenmum View Post
    Hi,
    Sounds like a very normal pregnant lady's brain to me, i thought i was reading something about myself when i was preggo .
    I know it all seems surreal doesnt it!! they are all perfectly normal things to feel hun, once you have the ultrasound things will feel 'real'.
    your weight loss is strange but not a huge concern, still i would monitor it. Have you had much morning sickness? if so then that would certainly account for the weight loss, but simply changing to a healthier diet for you baby can cause a little weight loss too.

you will be fine
    Thank you I have had more nausea than actual vomiting - I've actually only spewed a couple of times, but perhaps the change in diet might be what it is. THANK YOU for easing my mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweenmum View Post
    Hi,

you will be fine

When you are a first time mum you worry about EVERYTHING!!! Even going for the 3rd time now I still worry about too much . It comes with the territory unfortunately!

Good luck & enjoy your scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I lost two kilos in the first trimester too, i wouldnt worry unless it keeps declining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Losing weight in the first trimester is actually very normal. I had that too . Don't stress, you will start gaining soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could be talking about me!!

I'm 11.5 weeks pregnant as well and have lost about 2 or 3 kg. I have constant nausea and reflux but no huge . I'm not sure why I've lost the weight but at the same time, I do know that my (.)(.) are bigger and my jeans are tighter so who knows where it went from!!! From the books I read, it's nothing to worry about.

I had a scan at 6wks but I'm starting to worry over my NT scan. I'm petrified that something is going to be wrong. Absolutely petrified. And then, even though this makes no sense at all, I worry that if I keep worrying then something will go wrong just because I'm worrying about it so much and then I feel really guilty and even more worried. Nuts I know.

And I'm actually a little relieved to hear you say you feel a bit down. I feel exactly like that. I am usually out most nights of the week, meeting friends, going to various things but since I was about 4wks my life consists of getting home from work, trying to rustle up something that I can then face eating and falling asleep on the couch by 8pm at the latest. A week or two ago, I was so completely depressed! I was like, my life has changed so much and I don't even have a baby yet!!! And then of course, I started worrying that thinking that would mean something would go wrong and it would be my fault and got even more depressed!

So yeah, if I'm anything to go by, you're completely normal, haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm 15 weeks, 1 day with my second.
    I have lost almost 5kg, for me, I'll be honest, my 2nd trimester was my worst last time and it isn't looking promising this time either (my third was EXCELLENT!!) and this time I've learnt to loosen up about the super strict preg diet. I've eaten a few not so wonderful things this time...
    And if it weren't for this bump I'm already sporting (darn second pregnancies ) I wouldn't believe it either... and the nausea (but is it in my head?)

JackzMumma is offline My family is finally complete!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbyrmsy View Post
    I've lost over 2kgs in the last two weeks, is that normal?

In my first 2 pregnancies I just put on a heap of weight, but this one I lost 3-4kg's in the 1st trimester, and at 33 weeks I am only about 6kg's heavier. And everything is fine!!

I have my first scan next week and I am really glad for it as I've got this awful 'am I really pregnant' feeling??

I didn't have that the first 2 times, but because this time around I didn't suffer from M/S (I had all day nausea with the boys, I was stuck on the couch) I kept thinking I wasn't really pregnant, and it stressed me out a little.

I've also found as I'm getting closer to the scan date I'm starting to worry that maybe everything won't be okay?

Once again, I didn't feel pregnant, like hollow inside coz I couldn't feel bubs yet. Lots of women experience that. With the boys, once again, I didn't feel that way. Weird.

What about that half a glass of champagne I had to celebrate? What about the vitamins I was taking that had a small amount of Vit A in them??

As long as you aren't taking them now, I wouldn't worry too much. I took Imodium at 13 weeks pregnant. That was really upsetting!! You don't want to know what was going through my mind when I realised my mistake!! Half a glass of champagne won't hurt at any stage, but avoid it as much as possible!!

And will my tiredness REALLY go away? Is the second trimester REALLY as good as everyone says??

Well I'm not sure about either of these questions. I'm still tired, but then I have 2 older children to run around after. But I was extremely tired this pregnancy.
    2nd Trimester? Well with DS2 I had M/S til half way. Hmm.....I honestly like the 3rd, not as long to go, and everyone can really see you're pregnant, and you have an excuse to not do as much and all the kicks and finalising names, and if you didn't find out, trying to guess the sex of bubs.
    I hope I helped in some way!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost weight in the first tri, got back to my usual weight by 20 weeks then started to put it on so don't worry about a little weight loss.

I didn't feel very pregnant for most of my pregnancy as I felt pretty normal most of the time & had no m/s & very few other symptoms.

Whenever I got close to a scan I'd get paranoid that something would be wrong. This is quite normal for some women.

It will all seem more real when you have your scan & even more real when you start to get movement.