ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I disagree wholeheartedly with the OP & I think the facts that Sweetperfectchild stated in her post are probably quite valid. I am not intending to make anyone feel bad but I could see the government looking at it from that perspective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    menstruation leave? Hmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    [text removed]

Anyways, Im off track, back to the OP at hand!

After reading the OP this afternoon, I actually laughed out loud, it's got to be a wind up! I was certainly lucky enough to have DH home for 6 weeks paid leave (he saved all his A/L for my entire pregnancy, plus any extra he had saved before we decided to have another child. DH's work collegue from memory only had 1 week paternity leave, but Im not sure if that was actual PAID leave.
    Last edited by DQ; 19-06-2009 at 20:33. Reason: off topic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybugblue84 View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly with the OP & I think the facts that Sweetperfectchild stated in her post are probably quite valid. I am not intending to make anyone feel bad but I could see the government looking at it from that perspective.
    was just the way the government looked at it.

With daycare, it matters on the quality of the daycare really. Unfortunately, a lot of daycares aren't that great, although there are some pretty good ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [quote=MooMum;3821429][text removed by moderator]

That said, I find it interesting that the OP has yet to return to the thread to answer any of the questions posed to her!

why would she with so much sarcasm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by canberramomma View Post
    As an aside, the USSR used to have paid parental leave and paid menstrual leave.

Lots of other countries do, too.

It's not a new concept to societies that value true equality.

Productivity actually rises when workers feel more secure and valued.

I think that would be just wonderful.. I would have dearly loved to have menstrual leave when i was young. I had to be sent home from work several times due to passing out from pain from menstruation.

I used to think then, if only i could take some days out of my holiday leave each month. It was so embarrassing, having to explain what was wrong with me on a monthly basis and making so many more mistakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I think it would be a difficult one to implement. Some women are virtually crippled by their menses, others are barely affected. I think it would be fairer if we all (male and female) had a larger allocation of sick days, and they could be used with no explanation needed. Looking after family, staying home because the SAH parent is ill and the kids need looking after, menstruation if it is hard on you, or simply a doona day. Yes, it would be open to abuse, but the majority of people do not abuse priveleges given to them if treated as responsible, thinking adults.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaq View Post
    I think it would be a difficult one to implement. Some women are virtually crippled by their menses, others are barely affected. I think it would be fairer if we all (male and female) had a larger allocation of sick days, and they could be used with no explanation needed. .
    A lot of companies/government(?) don't have a cap on sick days (or, it's negotiated after some number). Sounds like bad news for the employer? Apparently not - I remember reading once that they found it didn't increase the total number of sick days taken. Some psychological issue that employees may take fewer if they don't feel the need to "use" their allocated days which "expire" each year. So everybody wins.

As to the PP's point about the OP not returning because of the sarcasm. I think people tend to be defensive when collectively lumped as [text removed by moderator].

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    That's better!

Honestly, I had three weeks off after my baby, and then limped back to work. Harden up, ladies!

And they want to use my hard earned tax dollars for other bludgers to lie around all day! Outrageous.
    Are you serious?????

I have my babies and then go back after 2 months (c-sec), but i've always worked that doesnt mean becouse i choose to do that i dont igree babies need their mother especially at that early age. I ALSO PAY TAX but i cant believe that in this develop country doesnt pay mother after all we going thru with pregnancy so other young generation can pay you retirement. please the fact you dont want to stay with your baby as much means eveyone else cant and about your tax money believe me they waste more of your money doing ither useless staff.

When people post in here i know thre are lot of selfish people out there but unless you really think you have good experience dont give your opinion as doesnt really help.

Im about to have my baby. I wont get paid maternity leave but i'm happy someone will have help in the future.

--------------------------------------
    DS1 6yo
    DS2 2yo
    2 angels @ 8 weeks
    Last edited by sandy119120; 30-06-2009 at 13:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy119120 View Post
    Are you serious?????

I have my babies and then go back after 2 months (c-sec), but i've always worked that doesnt mean becouse i choose to do that i dont igree babies need their mother especially at that early age. I ALSO PAY TAX but i cant believe that in this develop country doesnt pay mother after all we going thru with pregnancy so other young generation can pay you retirement. please the fact you dont want to stay with your baby as much means eveyone else cant and about your tax money believe me they waste more of your money doing ither useless staff.

When people post in here i know thre are lot of selfish people out there but unless you really think you have good experience dont give your opinion as doesnt really help.

--------------------------------------
    DS1 6yo
    DS2 2yo
    2 angels @ 8 weeks
    Sorry, I had trouble working through the lack of paragraphing, but I suspect you're being critical of my post.

Perhaps take the time to read through the entire thread before you select a post to single out and attack.

It will make you look less foolish, when you realise I was being facetious.

I'm a huge advocate of paid maternity leave, and am bitter that I was left out in the cold and forced to go back to work to pay the bills.

So to answer your original question, no, I'm not serious.