+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default BMI for "Low risk" pregnancy

for my last pregnancy I was labeled High risk due to my BMI... I have since lost abit of weight and was wondering if anyone knew the magic number to be low risk?

I really wanna do midwide group care but was unable to because of my BMI?

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG does this mean there is another bub on the way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    not yet

I just wanna be low risk for the next bub plus I didnt like being catagorised as High risk... I loved my ob but really want a midwife to help me deliver my next baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    not sure but with number 1 is was 97kgs ang i'm only 164cms and i was classed as 'normal' risk.. but they never did my BMI.. not sure if that helps???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello there,

I would be classed as high risk, but we are not catagorised he. Midwife delivered Ryden, and my weight was never an issue. Infact i was never weighed. On booking into the hospital the nurse asked me my weight, and she wasnt fazed at all by it.

Mind you i was determined to lose a fair bit a weight before trying for bubs too, but we have decided to try now, so i think i will worry about that after number 2. I would be heart broken to put on all the weight with next bub. I never put on any weight with Ryden.

Stacey

Thanks
    Reviews
    ta girls

they are really strict at my local hospy for the midwife group care program. I am just so determined to get into it this time as I didnt feel really supported by the nurse on the shift.
    what really annoys me is that I only put on 5kg for my entire pregnancy and had noooooooooo complications and I got that label errrrrrrrrr I guess they are just covering their butts!

stacey... I wish I had the guts to have a birth like u had with ryden I LOVE DRUGs he he

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by my midwife that I would be classed as high risk and would have to go to hospital the next town (I live in a relatively small town) over if, I had a BMI of 40+. Thankfully my BMI is 32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd just question the as to why they place so much emphasis on BMI when it's a total crock and doesn't accurately 'decide' anything about a persons weight/health. It's been discredited many times, do some research!

I'm technically classed as 'obese' due to my BMI going by my height and weight yet i'm a size 12...figure that one out! It was never an issue with my pregnancies and the hospitals, even after gaining 27kgs in my first pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    dragon fly
    I had done a little research the midwide wanted me in the group so much she took 2 kg from my real weight I hate policies BLUR... I even asked why smoking women where not classed as high risk as I thought that would be more of a risk

tenyr BMI dont really work for some people... what if I was all muscle! HMMMM! to them