+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default recommendations for a stroller for travel

Hi - we're planning on taking 5 month old DS to europe and i'm looking for a new lightweight stroller to take away with us. i'd like something light and easy to fold that is still comfortable enough for him to sleep in.

a lot of people seem to buy a maclaren - but they seem pricey so i'm interested to know whether they're worth the money.

any comments on strollers that are loved or hated??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ribeila

I'm sure you'll get some great replies on this question. Don't forget to also check out the Bub Hub Product Review section. There is approx 200 prams and strollers in there that parents have reviewed and critiqued on.

Link to reviews of prams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we have recently bought a quicksmart stroller, otherwise known as the briefcase stroller.. it's fantastic for travel. It doesn't lie flat however so only good if you've got a bubs who is happy to sleep sitting up. It folds down into it's own bag very easily and quickly. Very tiny basket but I'm assuming you'd have a backpack anyway. It's recommended from 6 months but my 3 month old sits in fine with a neck support (he has very good neck muscles though).

Oh, I bought it for $170 on sale, usually about $200 but well worth it I think for travelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Maclaran vogue which we used for our trip to Canada. It is a bit heavier than but has a few added features. It can take a heavier child and reclines flatter, also has larger wheels.

I loved ours and the bootcover was fantastic, that and the stormcover and he was nice and snug.

It was a bit of a hassle having to put it through oversized luggage then collect it whenever we had to go through immigration. A better bet may be to buy one over there? But having it in a stroller bag did mean we could stuff it full of extra stuff.

I used our pikkolo carrier in the airport and it was a lifesaver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been searching for a travel stroller with only limited luck on ebay. Any ideas where I can get one or even go to look at some. (eg quicksmart, Mia moda Cielo) I am tall so don't want to get one with low handles.
    I have looked at getting a cheap umberella strollers but the ones I have seen have been too low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    chelle, not sure, i got my quicksmart in coffs at the baby warehouse. Maybe ring the company and ask for stockists? I'm in the act if that's any help and wan want to have a look.

Teegzie is offline in Wonderland with my little Alice!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also have the Quicksmart briefcase stroller and love it! We use it as our everyday stroller now because it has a nice high handle so DP doesn't have to hunch to push it (unlike some of the cheaper ones from Big W etc) and if DD gets grumpy we can lay her back a bit and she will nap.
    It won't fit in an aeroplane overhead locker, but as most flights in Aus you get to take a pram for free with your checked luggage it doesn't matter. Plus it is easier to pack up when you go to check it, and easier to set up once you get to your destination.

There is another Quicksmart that fits into a backpack (and also the overhead locker of a plane), but it is more complicated to set up apparently. My friend has one and said it was great for their trip overseas, but was a bit of a PITA until they mastered the folding and unfolding. It doesn't have a lay back option so is best for older bubs I would say. plus it is a 3 wheeler which is a little harder to steer.