ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Extra hours or not?

Skye currently goes to occasional care every Thursday morning from 9:30am to 12:30, Hayley goes to kinder those same hours (actually Hayley goes 9:15 to 12:15) I've recently been told that the O.C is thinking about extending the hours of care from 9:30 to 2:30pm, its totally optional.

I am thinking about maybe having Skye in longer (5 hours instead of 3) but I'm not 100% sure. She still has naps in the day but she doesn't always sleep anyway (she has quiet time in her room if she doesn't sleep). If I was to have her in the extra time it'd mean I get to spend a bit more time with Hayley and I don't have to rush to get her from kinder and then Skye just 10 minutes later (Skye's O.C center is not near her kinder, its a 10 minute drive and I've often been a bit late with picking her up because I've had to get Hayley). I've also got a baby coming in about 8 weeks and I'd like him to go to O.C with Skye too (though not til hes a bit older, they don't take babies until they're at least 3 months old anyway).

What would you do? Would you put your child/ren in for the extra few hours or just leave it as is? I guess I could just leave it as is cos she and Nathan will be in O.C care until they go to 4-year-old kinder anyway and I could put her (or both of them) in more hours when they're older but I just don't know. Having her in the extra hours would be good because it will allow me to a) spend more time with Hayley since she goes to kinder 3 days a week, b) get more things done around the house or whatever (even though I'll have Hayley with me) c) give me more a break from Skye (I am at my wits end with her lately) d) I wouldn't have to rush to pick her up straight after I get Hayley from kinder. The downside is that 5 hours might be too long for her. I don't intend on putting Nathan in until hes at least 6 months (though it could be earlier if I'm not coping) but I don't know yet.

Sorry if this hasn't made any sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i'd put her in for the extra 2 hours would be good for you to have the few extra hours to do stuff you need to do/spend time with hayley.

2 extra hours wont hurt her it will probably be good for her too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would put her in for the extra 2 hrs too....esp with a newborn to look after and the tiredness that goes with that. If she likes OC she will propably happily stay an extra 2hrs. Just try to make the change wither before/after new bub so she doesn't equate new bub with being at OC longer IYKWIM....

2girls&1angelboy is offline Has 3 very special people in my life my 2 girls & my angel baby boy xxx
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would put her in for the extra time,
    good luck with wateva u decide

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With a new baby coming, I think it would be a good idea to spend some one on one time with your eldest daughter. She will be at school soon and will really love some alone time with you. It will also be great once the baby is here to just have your big girl and the newborn. Hayley would love helping you care for a baby, it is much harder to do that with a toddler about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thankyou so far...

I'm not sure if Hayley will be starting school next year as she has a speech problem so may have to stay back an extra year, one of the reasons I am thinking about putting Skye in the extra hours AND putting my son in as well (I'd have 3 kids at home, it might get too much). I'm not sure exactly when Skye's OC are doing the change I THINK its next term but I'm not sure. I guess I can always change my mind later on if I do decide to put her in the extra hours, if she doesn't like it I can change it back to the normal hours.