+ Reply to Thread
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Unhappy Ah Jeepers, talk about falling back into old habits....

So after all my ordeals with the boys being fed to sleep and then constantly fed BACK to sleep every hour or so (for three months) we went to sleep school day stay, and things seemed ok for a while.

But, as babies do, they are teething, and having a terrible time of it, I may add. They are irritable all the time- just so upset and unhappy. Their day sleeps have suffered, but more to the point B's night sleeps are regressing.

He is back to waking up more constantly (I understand if he is waking from the pain) and I, desperate to settle him back to sleep, have resorted back to feeding him again when I know I shouldn't.

He just won't go back to sleep if I don't.

He can't be cold- he has so many blankets on it's ridiculous.

I use brauers teething relief and nurofen, but obviously this round of teething is way more painful than that.

The only thing that is sure fire to get him back to sleep is a feed.

I feel desperate- will he resume his old habit? Has he already? Or will I be able to get him back on track once the teething dies down?

I need reassurance- I came so close to having good nights, only to feel it has been snatched from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    firstly - your a legend

2nd - have you tried hylands teething tablets?? there my saviour there working well with rubys molars which push but dont come through

3rd-

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I second Seth & Ruby's mum - You are a legend!!

And I will remind you what you always remind us NovMum08 girls.. THIS IS A STAGE and THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!

As a first time mummy, thats all I've got. My only other idea is to give one to Marcus and one to your mum and get 3-4 straight hours of sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BUMP!!

Nomsie needs reassurance!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You will get him back on track after teething. I got some settling help too which worked for a while until his 2 top teeth started coming through. I kept at it though and he seems to have turned a corner.
    I know when you're tired it is much easier just to do what works, in your case, feeding to sleep so don't berate yourself about it. Just start again when the time is right and be as consistent as you can. I can't imagine what it's like with 2 bubbies so I hope the "consistent" comment doesn't come off as glib
    It will get easier and you will soon get more than 52 minutes sleep in a row I promise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Thank you! It's still getting worse- he was awake every 2 hours last night.

I am just (not so patiently) waiting for the teething to die down, but to say I am on edge about not getting back into old habits is an understatement!

Sethandrubysmum, I have tried hylands before, think I may have to try them again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noms are you sure its teeth and not just old habits? Sorry thats not supports is it! Um I dont know when Samara is teething (she has no teeth yet so Im guessing that all the dribbles etc are teething) so until I can see a tooth about to pop through I just write it off as a behaviour..... sorry Im still half asleep and cant find the words....
    Anyway Im wondering if it is possible for you to ''ignore'' the possibility of teething (within reason) and go back to following your plan (again if any obvious pain etc then deviate) because maybe he has got himself back into the waking up cycle.
    My god it must be soooo hard for you but Im thinking you might need to put your strong and tough mummy boots on and stand firm again for a few nights. I dont usually advocate this but every situation is different. You are going to make yourself unwell if you keep going like this (as Im sure you are well aware). Do the whole checklist like you said and make sure B isnt hungry, cold, etcetc...... and then leave him to it or however you do it...... then either set yourself up a folder bed or blankets close by so you can go in and out or get some ear plugs, close the doors and act like DP and try to sleep through it! So long as he is safe .......
    Im blah blah ing on because I know this prob isnt helping. I shoud have just used the hugs icon thingy.... but I am thinking of you (often) xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Nope Kezza, I think you may be right. I need to get tough with him again. And I know it. It's just so hard at 3am when he has been crying for over 1/2 an hour and all I want to do is go back to bed but I am scared he will wake L.

But you're right. I can't keep pandering to his needs at the detriment of my own.

Exactly what I need to be told. I might call my auntie (the sleep school one) and ask her opinion. Apparently when she found out about what I went through at my day stay she was quite angry and wanted to report that woman. But maybe she has some better advice for me than "leave them in bed for 2 hours" etc.