ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    I prefer using permanent marker Just write boy or girl across their forehead, it works a treat Cheaper too.

DS could be in blue from head to toe and still be called a girl. I generally reply with thank you when I get told I have a beautiful daughter lol. An old man at the shops said to me once. I"ll pray for you that your next baby is a boy. Probably doesn't help that Aidan is always wearing my fake pearl bracelet and damn it purple looks so good on him
    ...he is a very 'pretty' baby though Leisa, I've often seen your avatar and thought he was pretty..in a masculine kinda way of course ..but he will be one good looking guy when he is older!

As for the pink hair.... so NOT funny, I had a patient at work the other day who actually DID have her 2 young daughters visit her (they were probably about 4 and 6??) and they had their hair dyed pink. .... it looked like it was that pink fudge or something because it had half faded out/grown out to a pale orange/pink colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Even when DD is wearing an all pink dress (outfit) she gets called a boy. The other day someone called her a Sir. So yes please hand me one can of pink hair dye

She has the prettiest girly face you will ever see (yes thats coming from her mum but it's true) so even when she is wearing her black, blue (etc she wears all colours) I don't get why people think she is a boy.
    We get this all the time!
    Apparently DD's "all boy", "such a handsome little fellow", "you can tell he's a boy because he is such a good eater"...
    All while wearing something pink, i think?

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The first thing I thought was I thought was "Aww like the baby chicks". lol.

Of course I think there are much easier ways to ask in a discreet manner if I'm unsure of what gender the baby is though usually I can guess. I ask 'how olds your little one?" they then reply with "s/he is whatever age." LOL Of course this is usually for babies in white.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nic236 View Post
    ...he is a very 'pretty' baby though Leisa, I've often seen your avatar and thought he was pretty..in a masculine kinda way of course ..but he will be one good looking guy when he is older!
    He he, thanks I've been saying to him since the day he was born that he'd make a very pretty girl. I bought him this really soft warm onesie. It was white with pastel coloured writing that said I love Mummy and I love Daddy. Twas very cute, it had pink, blue, orange, green and yellow writing. I saw it and loved it so I got it . MIL saw him in and said OMG you bought him a girls onesie, I saw that at Big W in the girls section, I didn't even realise, even if I did I wouldn't care it was so cute and warm lol. I really don't even think of buying 'gender appropriate' clothes when they're so young. I will admit now I love little boys clothes on him but I still cant go past pastels. I love pastel blue on him, he looks gorgeous but everyone sees him in a pastel colour and I get the head shake or the awwww such a cute girl hehe. I must admitt I do like to sh!t stir

Teegzie is offline in Wonderland with my little Alice!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    I prefer using permanent marker Just write boy or girl across their forehead, it works a treat Cheaper too.
    This also works for those bubs who just don't have enough hair to dye! DD had very little hair and it grew in a crewcut kind of style so even in pink outfits we got "what a cute little boy" comments!

A checkout girl at a shop today was worried because DD was wearing "boy" socks with her pink outfit! They were orange ones with scull and crossbones. So apparently she isn't meant to wear orange... or red/blue/green/yellow/black/brown etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    for those without hair we could all do what my aunty used for her babies......she used to sticky tape bows to her little girls head....

Im more leaning towards a big dog collar or something with a flashing gender on it. Although people would problably still get it wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its a fabulous Idea Julie.

Instead of us all rushing out to buy regular hair dye maybe you could get a little home business going.

Get a fancy name and slogan happening, some funky packaging and voila, the next new fad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I met the Commissioner of QLD Police last night. Aidan was asleep snuggled up on his Dadda wearing a blue jumper and had a blue throw rug to keep him warm and Uncle Bob(Commissioner) said well isn't that a lovely sight Daddy's little girl On an unrelated note YAY DH! He's know a Constable