+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Question Tubal Ligation and pain,, 15 months later

Not sure if i am in the right section but.....

Just wondering if anyone has pain after their Tubal Ligation?

I have pretty severe pain in both sides, right next to my hip bones, where i assume my tubes have been done, i had it immediately after and still have it now, 15 months down the track.

The pain is much worse when AF is coming up. I think the pain is worsening each month. I also notice it if i strain to lift something and sometime even if i carry in the washing basket or pick up bub.

I had my tubes done at the same time as having a C/S

Do you think its the TL or something else?
    Anyone else experience pain?

I am due to have a Pap Smear next week so i will mention it, but just interested to hear if anyone else has experienced similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a TL, but I don't think it sounds right that you should have experienced pain for that long. I think your body is trying to tell you something. You should definately have it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a TL and there shouldn't be any pain so long afterwards! Try and see a gyne and have some tests done. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes i will next week when i have an appointment.

I have been avoiding it, due to being scared!!! My mum had her tubes done and ended up needing a full hystorectomy (sp?)....i dont want that, my mum went through early menopause and her life fell apart, she lost the plot big time and i am hoping that i am not heading down that path.

I regret my decision everyday and hope that the pain is psychological, but i dont think it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jabberjaws,
    I to had a tl done when I had a cs with ds2 and get pain just next to my hip bone but only on the left side. It can be so bd that it hurts to walk.
    I also have a hormone imbalnce dr is doing more test to check for early menopause.
    I would be interested to know what your experence was. pm me if you think you could help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threeofthem View Post
    Hi jabberjaws,
    I to had a tl done when I had a cs with ds2 and get pain just next to my hip bone but only on the left side. It can be so bd that it hurts to walk.
    I also have a hormone imbalnce dr is doing more test to check for early menopause.
    I would be interested to know what your experence was. pm me if you think you could help.
    LOL, would love to help, but have not been to GP myself (well i never mentioned it last visit as i said i would due to having sick kids in tow).

I must get onto it, because i still have pain, and a further month has gone by.

If i get into my GP this week i will give you a PM and let you know what he says!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, i know what its like my kids hijack dr appointments aswell.
    That would be great, my dr says being uncomfortable after a tl although not documented if common. But I don't know about specific pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No probs, i will keep you informed, thanks for the reminder to look after myself also I keep putting it off, put now i wont