+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has anyone had experience with using chinese medicine to enhance fertility?

I am 39, my dh is 30. We have a five year old girl who was born by caesarean and would dearly love another child. I hope we haven't left it too late.
    I have been contemplating visiting a local Chinese Medicine centre because I feel that IVF would be too stressful.
    I am wondering if anyone has had any success with Chinese Medicine in general and particlarly to enhance conception???

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs

Hi Nadia,
    I too am TTC. I have been using Chinese Herbs and Acupuncture along with some diet changes to enhance fertility and conception. This is about my eighth week. My acupuncturist recommended doing the treatment for 3 months before trying to continuing conceiving. Well I couldn't wait (we have been TTC for nearly 3 years). So we have combined modern fertility treatment with eastern treatment. I am all for use of Chinese Medicine. If the only thing it has done for me - it is make me more aware of my body (my liver qi is way out and I think this is having a huge impact on my general well being) and assisted with the stress and anxiety of everything.
    My only advice is - be aware of the chinese herbs (besides the fact that traditional chinese herbs sometimes is contraindicated in early pregnancy as is some acupuncture points), they taste jolly awful.
    Good luck with your choice of helping you to conceive.
    Cheers
    Deborah

Thanks
    Reviews
    After trying to concieve my second child for 9 months I had acupuncture and was pregnant the next month. I was recommended to it by a friend who had been trying for 6 years to concieve and had just started IVF - she gave Chinese medicine a try and got pregnant naturally almost straight away. Hey - 1 billion Chinese can't be wrong!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I haven't any experience with it personally, but I have had a friend who conceived after treatment with Chinese medicine etc. They had been trying to conceive for 2 1/2 years... I say go for it! If nothing else, I think it helps to get your body functioning at its best... Good luck!

Cheers!