+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your First Menstruation Stories Request

Hi, I am seeking stories from women (and men) from all walks of life and cultures to tell me their stories of getting their first period. They can be as detailed or brief as you like. Happy, sad, angst, excitement - whatever it was like for you. These are being collated into a book which is currently being edited by a publisher. Please send all information via email to ethicalgirl@gmail.com
    You can include the code names you had for tampons, pads and your period. Also trying to find the current name that girls of 10 - 20 call their vagina or vagina area.
    I will need to know your name and contact details, however, these will not be published. You will be contacted in the future as to whether your story will be published and a formal release document will be then sent to you.
    Credit will also be given to BubHub for their contribution
    Thank you in anticipation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Mine was funny. I was 13 years old and with my dad - who was my single parent, so of course I got my fist period while we were on a camping trip together with other fathers and their sons - I was like an 'honourary son' on father son camping trip!

It was sooooooo hard, because there was now way to tell dad on my own and I wasn't sure he would know how to help me. So I just said to him that I needed to go to the shops - as my mother had given me a good explaination of what I needed to buy, so I was confident if he took me to the shop, I could just pick out what I needed, he would pay for them, and I'd not have to TELL him, but he would know.

So, I was standing there, with my dad, his friend and his friends 18 year old son and I'm trying to explain to dad that I NEED to go to the shops, but I cant tell him why. Eventually the 18 year old boy announces he'll drive me the half hour into town - and the two fathers, both utterly clueless, but I think sensing it was somethig best ignored, agreed to let us go, dad gave me some money and the friend drove me to the shops.

Man - it was sooooo awkward! Plus, I had a teeny tiny school girl crush on the 18 year old - which made the whole situation more embarressing.

My dad must have figured it out after that as he started hovvering in the female section in the supemarket and told me if I need anything to just put it in the shopping trolley.

Dad was fine as long as it was never discussed!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Thanks Chel87
    Can you email it to me at ethicalgirl@gmail.com with your details so I can keep in contact with you in the event it gets published.
    Great Story too.
    Cheers. D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha chel 87
    I also had those fun times with my Dad also a single parent. He also did the trolley hovering in the female aisle, lol.

Lucky Nanna was living with us when I got my first period so I just told her. She hugged me and asked if I needed any help but I had already built up quite a stash of "ladies products" just from samples and stuff you get at school.

The next day we were planning to go to a theme park and I overheard Nanna telling Dad over breakfast and he was like "Oh so can't we go today", lol men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Poor dads.

My dad eventually had a deal with my mum, she didn't have to pay any child support if she took me shopping for bras, undies and ladies products.

Fair deal really.