+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    so new to these terms TTC in my books means The Turning Cowboy and I use terms like DC, TS, ROS, WBD, TT, 11 and now im on a whole new thing

NOt wanting to derail the thread i think I have worked some of this out

DD dear daughter
    DS dear son
    DH dear husband
    DW she who must be obeyed
    DP ????

if there are any others I'd appreciate heads up

Now back on topic
    Son 26 sept, daughter 15 and a bit months later 13 Jan

great - love it, would have them closer if I could

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have a 16 month gap. Not planned as DS1 was IVF and DS2 was our surprise natural miracle!

DS2 is 4 months old now. To be completely honest I am finding the close gap quite hard. It's exhausting. They don't seem to nap at the same time during the day so I am not getting any down time or a chance to get anything done around the house.

I also find taking a cheeky toddler who wants to run everywhere and a small bub out of the house on my own quite a challenge.

I am hoping once DS2 can sit up it might make life a little easier...

I know it will be nice once they are both older and can play together and be great mates..

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 2 are 15 months, it has its easy points and its hard points, they both love each other but at the same time are very very different kids so they also spend alot of time trying to kill each other.... but at least its a fair fight as they are a similar size iykwim.
    I love that my DS1 goes to school next year and ds2 starts pre prep/kindergarten (what ever you call it)
    though i feel like the whole time between DS1 being born and DS1 turning 4 i was just swimming to keep my head above water.

my DS1 still asks if him and his brother are twins because he does not see them as being much different in what they understand which can make it hard for things like discipline e.g letting stuff slide a bit with the younger child

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys are 15 months apart and I love the age gap and have found it very easy wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    13 months between DD2 and DS. These things can be very hard to plan for but anyway, any age gap has its pro's and cons... I say go for it if you that's what you want. I will say though that I was fortunate enough to not have morning sickness with DS where I did with both girls, had I had MS with him I may be saying different. I also had relatively 'easy' babies... Well up til DD2 got to about 16months lol then the fun began!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck ....................whatever you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 17 month gap between my 2 girls. It wasn't planned but turned out to be a nice surprise.

I wouldn't recommend it! I'm sure every gap has its challenges but I found the first year really really hard. Both my girls are full on children and I spent the first year in a sleep deprived fog!

You get nothing done as they are both so dependent on you. It's hard to find time for yourself and it takes it toll on your relationship with your partner too.

I found pregnancy with a very young toddler hard too but I think that depends on how you handle pregnancy! Both of mine had issues!

Also looking back it made DD1 have to grow up too quick too as she seemed so old compared to a newborn but looking back on photos she was still a baby herself! It just means that some times I think I was too hard on her.

DD2 is now 14 months and things are starting to get easier though they have started to fight like cat and dog so I still get nothing done 😏

Best of luck with whatever you decide 😀